Iron Man 3

The Mk I didn't become part of the Iron Monger suit, it was the inspiration for it. The Mk I was hanging complete then Pepper and Coleson went looking for Stain. They saw the Mk I and thought they found his suit.

Stark simply took it home after that. Although how it survived the explosion of the ARC reactor, I don't know.

If that is the new Mk bicep, I feel like I'm really going to like the Mk VIII or whatever suit that belongs too. It's so sleek!

One of these days, I feel like I'm going to need a hall of armor to satisfy my Iron Man armor needs. :lol

-Nick

If that is the new Mk bicep, I feel like I'm really going to like the Mk VIII or whatever suit that belongs too. It's so sleek!
-Nick

My thoughts exactly, Nick! Some part of me is hoping for something as sleek as the 'Bleeding Edge' armor from the comics or just something less bulky yet just as awesome as the previous movie suits. Regardless, I'm extremely excited.

Also noticed some other little armor tidbits over on the right side table in the high res photo, but they look like some thing else entirely. We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:
Also noticed some other little armor tidbits over on the right side table in the high res photo, but they look like some thing else entirely. We'll just have to wait and see.

Also, is it just me or does the Mk VII helmet have a wider top vent like was supposed to be included on it in the Avengers?

...It could just be the angle, or me seeing things, but it looks wider to my eye.

-Nick

Anyone else finds it interesting how Stark doesn't seem too sentimental for old technology (always moving forward to the latest and greatest suit) but still goes through the effort to reconstruct/build copies of his previous versions, even though they've all either been destroyed or 'stolen'?
I think the climax of the first movie definitely taught him some sentimentality (or at least, not to be so quick to throw stuff away ;) ).

What I'd like to know is, if he went through the trouble to redo the Mks. II, V, and VI, why can't he do the same for the Mk. III?

Maybe he wanted a complete suit, but likes a weathered look so he just fixed or replaced the helmet so it would all seal up correctly? Though the Mk V got ripped to shreds and he completely rebuilt/replaced it so who knows?

The MKV might still be one he uses since its a bit more versatile, the MKIII could be the one he used before Stark Expo where he might have rebuilt the helmet but left because he knew it wouldn't be long until he had hte MKIV done, but I'm just guessing.

Also, is it just me or does the Mk VII helmet have a wider top vent like was supposed to be included on it in the Avengers?

...It could just be the angle, or me seeing things, but it looks wider to my eye.

-Nick

I see it as wider as well. It's just nice to see a physical Mk VII regardless.

It's been basically confirmed via casting that IM3's plotline is going to somewhat follow Extremis. My guess is MkVIII is the "new suit" he uses at the beginning of the movie, it gets severely damaged when Stark gets nearly killed. And then MkIX is some take on the Extremis armor.

I thought all of the red-and-gold movie suits look pretty similar to the Extremis armor already (didn't Granov have a hand in designing all of them?) I'd like to see them do a version of the modular armor, that's one of my favorites since it was in all the cartoons and games when I was growing up :)

Anyone else finds it interesting how Stark doesn't seem too sentimental for old technology (always moving forward to the latest and greatest suit) but still goes through the effort to reconstruct/build copies of his previous versions, even though they've all either been destroyed or 'stolen'?

rteker on coming soon?

Look who else is turning up in IM3 :)

0f1d8a024762a88ccf2d0223ec076ca1.jpg

Source: http://www.examiner.com/article/iron-man-3-set-photos-reveal-a-i-m-organization-will-appear-film

Who are A.I.M? http://marvel.com/universe/A.I.M.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back