Iron Man 3

Here's the article... Good ol' SplashPage

That's pretty much it, or at least quoting the same sources.

I think that is the way to go. Just keep building. You don't have to reboot all the way back to the origin every time you change actors.

I hope Marvel can get X-men and Spiderman back too. I would love a quick Wolverine cameo by Hugh Jackman in the next Captain America movie, or something like that. Maybe Matt Murdock shows up in the next Spiderman.

Would be a whole lot easier to make movies if you didn't retell the origin every time. Now bring on Avengers 2, 3, and 4! lol

Filming to begin May 2012
Cast
Credited cast:
Robert Downey Jr. ... Tony Stark / Iron Man
Jessica Chastain ... (rumored)
Guy Pearce ... Aldrich Killian
Gwyneth Paltrow ... Pepper Potts
Ben Kingsley ... The Mandarin (rumored)
Don Cheadle ... Lt. Col. James 'Rhodey' Rhodes / War Machine
For a targeted May 3rd release.

I hope Marvel can get X-men and Spiderman back too. I would love a quick Wolverine cameo by Hugh Jackman in the next Captain America movie, or something like that. Maybe Matt Murdock shows up in the next Spiderman.

Would be a whole lot easier to make movies if you didn't retell the origin every time. Now bring on Avengers 2, 3, and 4! lol

Honestly, I'd want Marvel to completely reboot X-Men if they got it back so they can do it right. Have an awesome Cyclops, a more down and dirty Wolverine and maybe a movie that doesn't have Magneto in it? Take it slow and really plan ahead with the potential stories.

But I agree with no reboots. Marvel's films have been great, and there really is no need to start from scratch. I don't see how they can improve on any of their current characters' origin stories.

man i can only imagine if marvel really would do that, and tie all the movies together from now on. that would be one ****ing big movie project. after all, they do come together in the comics, more or less :)
im curious if they will revive bucky in the next cap movie tho

If that were to happen, maybe we can get a 6 movie epic - "Secret Wars"!!!! Be able to introduce the Symbiote Suit correctly!!! Then the next Spiderman after this could bring in Venom! :)

that would make me happy, it would never happen, but a guy can dream!

Back on topic, I am definately looking forward to IM3 though!

In IM3, Stark will have more suits, than in all three films (Iron Man I-II + The Avengers) combined!
Source:
Marvel Licensing artworks + Kevin Feige interview.
:)

So in one movie he'll use 8 suits? Avengers debuted the Mark VII. To get more, that those combined he'll have to take it to Mark 15, 16....seems way excessive for one flick.

I want to see the original styled "chain mail" type armor.

All this plating and scallops look cool and all but that was all born in the later comics.

Let's reverse it and have the chain mail type be an advanced materials prototype. With the new Starkainium element to power it. It's a natural.

So in one movie he'll use 8 suits? Avengers debuted the Mark VII. To get more, that those combined he'll have to take it to Mark 15, 16....seems way excessive for one flick.

No, don't get crazy now. I highly doubt that he will have that many, only more than any single film:thumbsup

Hmm. Well, I guess we will have to wait and see, besides my 6 yr old only has like 20 or so different versions of his Iron Man action figures. He could always use more.

I thought the Mark IV was in IM1. In IM2, he started with IV, V was the briefcase suite, and VI the one with the reactor based on the new element.

Nope- IM 1 had Mk 1, 2, and 3, as DuneMuadDib said. 2 and 3 were physically the same, except for color and the presence of rivets on the Mk 2 and none on the Mk 3. Mk 4 was first seen at the beginning of IM2, 5 was indeed the suitcase suit, and 6 was the one with the triangle RT, powered by the new-element arc reactor (only physical differences between Mk 4 and Mk 6 are paint scheme and chestplate/chest RT - the rest of the armor is the same). Then we have the Mk 7 in the final battle in Avengers (he starts off and spends most of Avengers in the Mk 6 suit; there are many physical differences between Mk 7 and any of the others, even after allowing for the detachable booster pack).

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back