Iron Man 3

i got the next best thing

text!

We begin in Stark's lab. He's talking to "dummy" and his suits of armor, telling them he's about to introduce them to their badass baby brother. He asks Dummy to play some seasonal music and he turns on a techno version of Jingle Bells. Stark stands, posing and flexing. Suddenly a piece of armor shoots across the room. One by one, his armor form, flying at him as he wills it to. One hits his crotch, through, and he doubles over. Another slams into his back and he falls, but jet-propels himself back up.

The last piece is the faceplate and, as it comes at him, he flips, propeling himself off the crowd with one hand upside down while the mask comes on. We see another scene with Favreau as Happy talking to Stark through a video chat. "You can't talk to me like that," he tells Stark good humoredly, "I don't work for you anymore.""That's because you quit!" says Stark. He says he can't deal with Stark being off with the Superfriends these days. We see a bunch of footage -- Guy Pearce's character -- The Iron Patriot armor.

"Some people call me a terrorist," says a voice (I don't think it's Kingsley) "I consider myself a teacher. Lesson number one: There is no such thing as heroes." We see a bunch of helicopters firing on Stark's house, blowing it off the edge of the cliff. Inside, every suit of armor is destroyed. Iron Man falls into the ocean as wreckage comes down on top of him. Cut to Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin. It's the costume from the comic almost exactly. The footage ends and they're even calling him the Mandarin now. Mandarin is wearing at least four rings

so much for the war machine rumour. guy pearce is iron patriot

thanks for taking the time man! Appreciate it.

The new design is cool, but the color pattern ? Way too much gold ! Don't like it at all for now... But I'll wait a trailer to see it in action, even if I doubt that it will change anything... Tony himself decided to add the red on the suit, because he didn't like it in gold, why the hell going back now ?

edit : actually, the more I look at it, the more it seems that it could be improved just by making the crotch area red again, and the torso too, the rest could stay in gold, but it would break this all gold pattern and improve (to me at least) considerably the look.

Seeing it in person it's pretty damn badass, to much gold I think but I'll most likely change my mind when I see it on screen

That color scheme is terrible. Iron Man is supposed to be mainly red with some yellow. That suit is like 95% gold or whatever color that is. I know the currently he's mostly red but I'm not even crazy about that. There wasn't enough gold before. Now there's too much.

If the suit were actually gold instead of that cream beige color it'd work better, but I still think it needs way more red. The color scheme is bad, the armor itself is nice.

Looking at that suit more.....I like it,I really like it! the color is a bit,well,odd but I can deal with it.

If it were red and sliver...now that would be cool as all hell,but the red and gold thing is iconic so I guess we're stuck.

And BTW does anyone else think the thing just looks dangerous? I mean the new movie suits are based on the newer comics and are rather sleek but this thing is like a damn tank!

About the only thing with the new comics/movies that I don't care for is they're making Tony more of a superhero then just a guy in a suit of armor,think of it in the 80's if you took the suit off Tony was just a man,hell one of his girl friends SHOT his playboy butt and damn near killed him.

So that bugs me a bit,one of the reasons I liked Iron Man was he was a normal person with some cool stuff to make him a superhero,almost think we may do that someday (make an exosuit) but now :unsure

Whatever,the movies are good.

Oh god that suit looks awful.

Yes, indeed.

It looks awfully busy, all those little lines and the silver details. It looks like Iron Man got a few tribal tattoos too many onto his metal skin. It looks nothing like "Iron" but more like "plastic" :sleep We can still hope that it´s just one design of many in the new movie

True, if they make it to Mark X, for example, can't quite out suits VIII, IX, and X or there will be no surprise in the movie.

Maybe 8 is a quickie and everyone tells him way too much gold, so it brings on 9 :)

im guessing 8 is the prototype for the extremis, with the single pieces just flying to attach to him. (as it says in the preview, the crotchplate hits rather unfortunately), and the final suit will be much more functionally, with attaching itself

Meh, I'm OK with the new design. My favorites are the MKII & the MKV, & they're only in the films for minute or so...

You mean to tell me that Ben's playing:

mandarin_orange__54618_zoom.jpg

...what a fruit!! :lol

He has an orange spray-tan.

Not feeling the milky gold at all, but I have high hopes it won't be on the screen the entire movie. Hopefully he will upgrade to a nicer hue with a kick ass Extremis suit.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back