Mr Freeze Costume - October 2011

Jellyhugo

Greetings Everyone,

I am a newbie to the forum. I heard about this forum from my local comic book store. Currenty I am working on a Mr Freeze Costume from the Batman Animated Series. I ran into the problem with my rings since the glue started to come apart and the paint was flaking off. This all happened tonight as my costume is 98% complete. Does anyone have any ideas for the arm, wrist, shoulder rings? Wasn't sure if I should use a different material. Any help would be greatly appreciated. What do you guys think about what I have so far?

Wow, it looks great! Very creative.

Now are you going to stay "in character" as the Animated Series version, or are you going to borrow memorable puns from the Batman and Robin's "Ahhhhnold" version such as "Ice to see you" and "You're not sending me to the cooler!"?

Love it! As far as the rings, are they separate, or it is one piece of tube or something flexible, wrapped around? Could you take thin fishing line, and weave it between the rings? It's clear, so it might be a discreet way to hold them together. What kind of glue did you originally use? As far as the paint, did you use any kind of primer? That might help.

I bought the tubes from lowes home improvement in the plumbing section. The spray paint i used was Vaslar (lowes brand) "Sea Exotic". I didn't sand down the tubes before primering. I think that was my problem. I just redid my wrist rings and shoulders. Sanded them with 60 grit sand paper. We should came back from a halloween event at Chick Fila. Going to post new pictures up here in a few.

Definetly will stay in character from animated series. However, this evening, I couldn't help myself and used one the line "Ice to see you" to some little kid. lol It was hilarious. I do have to admit, there were alot of folks that didn't know who I was. Definetly could understand the kids not knowing, but the parents that's another story. In fact, I had a lady ask me if I was suppose to be a light bulb. Disappointing......sigh

Love it! As far as the rings, are they separate, or it is one piece of tube or something flexible, wrapped around? Could you take thin fishing line, and weave it between the rings? It's clear, so it might be a discreet way to hold them together. What kind of glue did you originally use? As far as the paint, did you use any kind of primer? That might help.
Thanks for the tip on the fishing line. Might give this a try for wrist rings. For my shoulders, I put 3 screws through all 3 tubes, sawed off the ends, then used gorilla glue on the inside to seal them. They seemed to hold up so far. Saturday is a huge costume contest near where I live. Got to fix a few things.

Right now, my armor is pulling due to my backpack which is making my front piece come up against my neck. Need to find a way to keep the front from pulling up. Anybody have any suggestions?

I think you're right about sanding the rings before priming. I wasn't sure if they were actual rings, or coils of something more flexible. Glad to see you were able to do some repairs already. My husband was looking over my shoulder and said, "Holy *****." He's also a big fan of the Animated Series.

Here are a couple pictures from tonights halloween event at chick fila. Didn't realize that i didn't have my shirt tucked in. But other than that, not to bad.

Use a plastic primer. Fusion from Krylon is a plastic primer. Sanding may not help. Once it has the correct primer you can paint it with anything.
Laffo.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back