The Enterprise Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Steve,

Just to let you know the above link is wrong...points to vid 47 of the E build...but the correct one is easy enough to find...

Cheers

Steve

watching now!

Steve,
Fantastic job on the Enterprise. I look forward to seeing where your other projects take us in the near future.

Wow! That's looking great. My only concern is that I won't be able to FIND all of the graphics before you complete the project, lol.

Looking forward to the next up-date.

Will

Last edited:
Now the link is corrected. Don't know how that happened but that was the first video for building the Enterprise which has been done for a week now.

thanks guys for pointing that out.

Steve

Just amazing, I envy your skill and passion! I wonder if my wife would let me do this in my studio apartment here in Manhattan :) Really extraordinary work, you are a true master.

Thanks 22 stars!

I'm rendering another test this time with the camera moving through the bridge. At a minute a frame it will take awhile but here's a few frames. Lots more done but even more to add still.

Enjoy,

Steve

bridge4.jpg

bridge2.jpg

bridge1.jpg

bridge3.jpg

Steve the bridge is coming together great, one thing I notice, I am pretty sure that the upper viewers are recessed, here they appear to be floating in off of the background.

Steve the bridge is coming together great, one thing I notice, I am pretty sure that the upper viewers are recessed, here they appear to be floating in off of the background.

Actually they look kind of flat to the surface . . . perhaps a slight boarder around the visual display.

14989_0603_2_lg.jpg

Guys....it's not any where near finished. As for the chair. If you watch the video I talk about that. I'm building a real chair that will be greens screened in with me sitting in it. ;)

Steve

Guys....it's not any where near finished. As for the chair. If you watch the video I talk about that. I'm building a real chair that will be greens screened in with me sitting in it. ;)

Steve

Precisely why I didn't say anything when I saw the pictures last night! I know she will look fantastic when finished Steve. I have faith! :thumbsup

Actually they look kind of flat to the surface . . . perhaps a slight boarder around the visual display.

I believe you are correct. Here is some observations I made while researching reference for building my AMT bridge model.

4294260740_bab3600573.jpg

Now back to our regular scheduled topic - "The Enterprise Project"

Thanks Fraley. The outer frames do have the recesses. And yes the station screens do have visible frames as mine do. And the overhead screens sit out from the walls just a bit. On mine they sit out a bit more as I have little choice without opening a huge can of worms. If I make the screens flush then the screens themselves are blocked by the wall polygons.

The CGI set will be seen mostly as background so it will be hard to see such little things off. Easier to pick apart in a still frame the short film will never see. ;)

BTW the chair now has the correct base on it and proportions. that was an easy fix compared to moving brideg the screens back!

Steve

Moved the screens back as much as I could and fixed the chair. Now I'll render off a scene for you guys to see and while that's happening get to work sawing plywood and building a chair!

More later,

Steve

bridgeagain1.jpg

bridgeagain2.jpg

starting to look just like home. Ahhhhhh...

Steve, were the console tops really that glossy? or do they just look that way because you haven't put in the buttons and lighted switches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back