$100 1-Day Gonk droid build

Just a quick update: have gone through and riveted all the greeblies onto the exterior, so none will come loose when being lovingly admired by kids of any age.

Also came up with a different stand for Gonk, along with a rolling cart. Used some metal pole bases that are for free standing curtains, with pipes about 30" long that insert into the PVC pipes of the legs. Keeps it incredibly stable. I'll be swapping out the aluminum dryer hose for plastic drainage hose this week... like the look of dark hose better.

Gonk rolled along quite happily for a 4.5 mile parade route this past week, in the Coronado 4th of July Parade. And he'll be making an appearance at Comic-Con this year as well. (unsure if my daughter will be wearing Gonk as a costume, or if Gonk will be her power droid. She has new Jedi robes and wants to wear them.

Last edited:
That's awesome! I love the work you did with Christmas tree lights. Such a simple way to get a sophisticated effect.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back