The Abyss Submersibles Project

Late to the party, but just wanted to share that The Abyss was one of the main films that inspired me work in movies. Now at 37, working in CG lighting, I still obsess over how awesome that movie was. Totally ahead of its time. Thank you all for sharing your stories and pictures. I hope to acquire something prop/replica related stuff. Fingers crossed this thread continues to thrive.

The-Abyss-Instagram-4k-HDR-remaster-768x768.jpg

I got my 4K ABYSS blu-ray two weeks ago, it's amazing seeing it with such clarity and dolby vision color. Anyways, wanted to share some videos I found that many of you probably haven't seen, made by one of the assistant editors of the film during filming. I thought I had seen everything abyss related so this was a nice find.

Abyss Gag reel:

Abyss Crew Vid:

These are from (Home | Life's Abyss and Then You Dive.), there are also a bunch of behind the scenes pictures on his site I had never seen before. Worth checking out. His ebook about the editing of the Abyss is fascinating...albeit I'm an editor so maybe I'm biased. But had some interesting tidbits like how Cameron resigned during post-production (lasted a week before he was brought back on). Enjoy.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back