The Abyss Submersibles Project

At this point the Cab restoration and replication project is waiting until I can get the hull scanned. This will happen, probably in January sometime.

It's real now...

James-Cameron-Deep-Sea-Dive.jpg

james-cameron-mariana-trench-deep-sea-diving-hero1.jpg

Dave,
Just found this thread. Really wonderful work on the rebuild as well as absolutely great stills. Thanks for posting and I await more.
(Gofffan from NS)

Dave you should make this an RC boat. You know I could help. I live in Northridge not to far away from you and I believe we both frequent Smith Brothers. I had no idea you worked on this.

I worked with Jim, Bob and Deny for a long time at New World before I ended up at Boss Films. Currently I'm building a fully RC 66 inch long RC Nautilus. For me!

This would be great to RC and test in my pool.

Steve Neill

while checking my google earth, found that they have updated the look of the abyss set (whats left of it). the site is currently being prepped for a new nuclear reactor facility.

b tank is still there, even tho the surrounding buildings are gone.
a tank (the nuclear containment vessel) is totally gone except for some of the flooring.
how they took away all those millions of pound of concrete i will never know.

BTW what ever happened to the benthic petrolium large ocean-going ship.

Wow... memories... :) The Abyss was the first movie I worked on... I turned 21 on that show. I got to design the Benthic Petroleum Logo, and the markings on the submersibles..

I'll have to go through my photos and stuff... it's been a long time.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back