Harry Potter Collection Photos

Wonderful collection! Thanks for sharing photos of it. What a nice variety of items there. Treasures! I love that Honeydukes miniature display box :D

hey thank you for nice words. you can see your advanced potion making. it is one my most precious item of my collection. you and other friends from therpf like bfd jhadha norbert lemonlemonuk decat hinky mansfield and oh i cant remember all the rest, has made my collection so beautiful :) thank you so much again

yeah that honeydukes box is a nice one. as far as i remember i have bought it from japanese shop before it closed in 2009 :))

and my final piece. it was very hard to find, hard to bring to my country but all is done. here is monster book of monsters :)
20140708_105950.jpg20140708_110004.jpg

Hi i wasnt really sure which forum to post this in but i have a harry potter book which o brought a while back, i didn't realise until i got home that i have to turn it upside down and back to front to read it, does anyone think it could be worth anything? Thanks

Hi i wasnt really sure which forum to post this in but i have a harry potter book which o brought a while back, i didn't realise until i got home that i have to turn it upside down and back to front to read it, does anyone think it could be worth anything? Thanks

From just reading search results online for "Harry Potter misprint", most places note that these books were published in the BAZILLIONS so hundreds of thousands misprints happened. If it were a rare short run series, or from her initial first 500 limited run she did before her fame, then maybe you would have something. So I guess maybe you can add $20 to the going rare of a normal copy.

Wow I almost forgot this thread. Unfortunately, my old pics got demolished after I stopped using my imageshack account. Will update more here. I just took a few pics of some new additions to my Potter collection!

Lockhart book from shmartybird's run, and an Advanced Runes book I just made (pages cut from a vintage book).

huS6MIs.jpg

Dil2Stu.jpg

Chocolate frogs:

vvOZsDu.jpg

Food stuff:

il7WOV4.jpg

gP9AQvc.jpg

3N8TveR.jpg

YeADOsa.jpg

My favorites are Monster05's Daily Prophets. He really nailed these. I have them under plastic bags because I really dont want to mess them up.

csefTxz.jpg

ZXJEPW6.jpg

And a sleeping Dumbledore.

dR7G3k1.jpg

Last edited:
looking good elc!

where did you get that chocolate frog?
i've been wanting to make a screen accurate one for making a mold to make real chocolate ones for people.

Thanks!

I got that frog years ago from another collector. He claimed it was given away in gift bags at promotional functions for the films...which I cannot verify. My feeling is it most likely wasn't something made specifically, probably just a regular rubber frog that was molded and then painted a chocolate brown. I think it wouldn't be too difficult to find one of those rubber frogs you see at science centers, etc. and make a mold of one and then paint them. I like this one because it's the perfect size to fit inside the small chocolate frog box!

I know there are some chocolate frogs on display in the studio tour in the UK, but I'm not sure if they were ever seen on screen? I only recall the CG frogs jumping around.

Finished the slipcover for another book today:

PTRPSNS.jpg

WWqClC1.jpg

Last edited:
Hi ecl,

What a wonderful collection and, as always, the books you've replicated are outstanding! I'm so envious - my meager collection of props and costumes pales in comparison. I've been fortunate enough to meet Eduardo Lima and Miraphora Mina and I know they'd be thrilled to see the books you've done. I wish I had your talent.

ATL

I'm in the process of redoing some of the candy packages I had done before, to make them a little more accurate! I found better references of the both the imps and snowflakes to work off of. Since both were built around found real world tea packaging, they're getting harder to complete authentic, as the boxes are hard to find. However, what I will try to do is come up with a template that can be printed on card stock and then folded.

I have a couple of the original boxes used here, so I'm just going to scan the pattern on it, that way it'll be basically like the actual box!

I added this mudblood book to my collection. Interior is a found book.

G0q2Jqp.jpg

Haven't updated this thread in a long time, but here are a few new photos of a couple displays I put together for the props.

Mostly Honeydukes stuff here:

GivKXiJ.jpg

37ZsMxl.jpg

An original dirigible plum and Arthur weasley ministry letter/envelope, among a few other goodies.

jEQA6ij.jpg

Better shots of the original Ministry envelope:

48JEc9b.jpg

UPXJEIY.jpg

alUt7E3.jpg

lbHctS3.jpg

Wow I almost forgot this thread. Unfortunately, my old pics got demolished after I stopped using my imageshack account. Will update more here. I just took a few pics of some new additions to my Potter collection!

Lockhart book from shmartybird's run, and an Advanced Runes book I just made (pages cut from a vintage book).

http://i.imgur.com/Dil2Stu.jpg

Amazing collection! Where did you get those Lockhart signed photographs? I would love to get my hands on those, or make them! :D

Hello there Sander , and thank you for the comment! Unfortunately the signature is not real and is printed :D But I’ve had this image file for many years; I recall it was from a member here on the rpf!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back