Pyro X-Wing kit WIP

Does this help you out better? Paul (nighteyes) has a thread on the cockpit somewhere. I'll try and find it.

299E249B-DBEB-4492-80DB-B1FD05BB4425-82-0000024BA032DA98.jpg

Thank you for the picture!
Oh,I knew the thread,but I forgot.lol

So the part is correct?Still difficult to say,but I will use it.

Yes, but it is still a best guess... the Tiger part is very small... I can deifnitely see that raised square on the cockpit copy I have here. Plus there are at least three other parts from the same Tiger kit sprue on that half of the cockpit.

So I'd say 99.9% its the Tiger part. But I've been wrong before, like the hanomag bit on the top of the cockpit console. Nitto not Tamiya.

I think we will never know even if we will be able to see the model in person.
At least the size is right or very close.

By the way,I'd been thinking the part on the back of the engine is TigerI's wheel,but thought it was wrong at certain time.
Recently we've got great black and white red1 pictures at RPF then I was looking at the engine and I thought it could be right.
If anyone have any opinion,please let me know what you think.

Thanks Simon!That's cool!

In the picture of RED 2,it is not obvious.
Maybe it is a bond mark or just because of the camera flash.

Looks like they had a tiger wheel in there at one time, before painting, and it was replaced later with a heat sink, leaving the unpainted wheel pattern alone.

I wish I had a photo handy but I recall that Red 2 has two heat synchs per engine layered. One is slightly offset from the other so you can see all fins.

Is it possible that shadow were seeing is just the bits and dust blown out out of the engine? I'm not sure if it applies to Red 2 but other heros have air tubes to cool the quartz lights.

There are more spikes in the shadow than there are in the heat sink, suggesting to me that something else used to be there.

There are more spikes in the shadow than there are in the heat sink, suggesting to me that something else used to be there.

You're right. Maybe the only reason they abandoned the tank detail was because the plastic couldn't handle the heat from the quartz lights.

Always a pleasure to learn something new about the X Wing. Proving again that the best research comes with a build.

So the heat sinks were really used as heat sinks! Amazing how we're still learning new things about these birds.

That's interesting!
By the way,what are quartz lights?Are they different from nomal bulbs?
Are they still available?

Okay so we know Blue Leader went overseas before it was converted to Red 2, and used as reference for the full size set piece. Does the engine detail of the on the set X wing match a Tiger wheel or a heat synch?

There's a notation on the full scale plans instructing them not to detail the back side, so there was probably nothing in the engines.

Very small update.
A Prustruct tube has been installed to make the torpedo tube.
By the way,the fuselage that I cleaned up is copied not to sell but to make it one material otherwise it's fragile.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back