Pyro X-Wing kit WIP

Thank you Kevin!

And please forgive me my poor english.:$The picture taken from the top is very helpful to make the inside of the cockpit because I had no idea if the back of the seat was vertical or not.By the way,I'm starting to think that the rear of th console comes from tank body.

P.S.
Black Pig is coming back.

Paul had a thread somewhere on here where he was building his own droid strip and also the cockpit /console. Be had id'd most of the original parts. I'll see if I can find it.

The cockpit parts have been bothering me for quite some time. Unfortunately after what has been almost a year of buying more kits I have not found another part. Here's a photo from our own treadwell showing an original cockpit if it helps.
cockpitfromtreadwell.jpg

I've often wondered if the original 2 part cockpit could reveal some more about the shape of the fuselage near the canopy. Then again the fit may have not been that great to begin with. It is possible to scrape off the bits that don't belong.

The part all the way at the back and the tiny rectangle control panel to the left of the gauge cluster to name just two.

This view much like shot of the pyro on the pavement gives us a glimpse of the 2 part cockpit before assembly. I'm sure there was some minor variation in overall length after gluing the two parts together but probably even more variation when it comes to gluing the cockpit inside the fuselage itself. It didnt exactly fit through the window on Red 2 lol. Also we know that the original cockpit had a floor which will effect the placement of the pilot later on.
cap002.jpg

Thanks for the shots of your cockpit Kevin. I noticed the hanomqg visor part sits more forward on the top. I cut mine off to level out the top and glued it back on.aybe that's what Eaves did.

Can't get enough of the first X wing in any color. Looking forward to more on this build, it's going great.

Thank you Kevin!

And please forgive me my poor english.:$The picture taken from the top is very helpful to make the inside of the cockpit because I had no idea if the back of the seat was vertical or not.By the way,I'm starting to think that the rear of th console comes from tank body.

P.S.
Black Pig is coming back.

You're welcome. What scale tank body are you thinking about?

That's great news about the return of Black Pig! :thumbsup

jedimaster,

Thank you for your infomation.I'm interested in droid strip.

Nighteyes,

Your console looks very nice,but I'm wondering if the cylinder on the left side has five holes.
I always think if the red area is angled when I see treadwel's picture.(thank you for the pics of disney)

Kevin,

I have no idea what scale it would be,but simply since the back of the cockpit is kind of angled,it looks like tank to me.I wili check out Nichimo hanomag afterwards.

I'm looking at this part.Because,this part looks oval in the picture posted by Treadwell,but it looks like rounded shape in the picture posted by Kevin in this thread.
The part is about 1mm thickness so same diameter rod is needed to be a column.What do you think?
The part comes from Bandai Tiger I.

Last edited:
I think that the part in question is a very likely candidate. There are at least 2 other parts from the same Tiger sprue that are definitely used on that half of the cockpit.

Shouldn't we be looking for the part in the pyro pic instead? The round part with the holes was added either by Eaves or by Icons.

I agree, I'm not sure we should go by what it looks like now, but what it looked like originally. Tomorrow I'll take a closer look at this part on my pyro fuselage casting.

nighteyes,

Thank you for your reply.Yes,maybe still there's a possiblity of the tiger part was used.
And I sent a PM about droid strip yesterday.

Treadwell,

Yes,but I don't have any other references other than these.and I see that top of the part is not perfectly flat on pyro fuselage.

Kevin,

I've found strange that the nichimo hanomag part is located in different place from nighteyes picture.
Are they the same fuselage or different?

I've attached the picture which what Im goint to do.Sorry,Kevin,I use your picture.I don't have time time to take a picture.I'm goint to shorten the gap.Please someone let me know if I'm doing right:cry

Last edited:
I've stoped working on the cockpit.I've desided to work on the lower fuselage.To calculate the mearsurement of the lower fuselage, I'm working on rear plate.I'm losing my way if I should make rear plate from the donnar parts or use the plate from the pyro kit because the pyro kit part has the same flaw that the real prop has.(RED 3 doesn't have the flaw.)

Last edited:
I've stoped working on the cockpit.I've desided to work on the lower fuselage.To calculate the mearsurement of the lower fuselage, I'm working on rear plate.I'm losing my way if I should make rear plate from the donnar parts or use the plate from the pyro kit because the pyro kit part has the same flaw that the real prop has.(RED 3 doesn't have the flaw.)

Hi!:)
The rear plate of RED2 is the same as the rear plate of the Pyro kit. It looks identical.
KH39, you are not necessary to duplicate flaw of the rear plate of RED2.
I envy you. lol lol

Last edited:

Yeah, I've noticed that too and what I believe is either one of the following:

1. they made more than one mold of the master pattern, or

2. they used the master pattern for Red 3.

I think number one is more likely, but we'll probably never know.

Hi kh39, sorry I have not yet responded to your PM.

I know you are working on the back now but I went through some old notes of mine regarding the cylinder with 5 holes/mystery part in the cockpit. There are photos from GKvfx of an already auctioned complete Pyro before any of the Eaves era modifications that show some sort of complete cylinder. It was my original theory that air would be captured in this spot of the mold creating strange crescent shapes.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back