Cyberman in FOAM!!! - WITH PATTERNS!!

wondersquid it's my very first cosplay. And I have one more dilemma for now. I'm working on the upper arms and I'm having difficulties. Before I put the details on, I was able to curl the arms just fine but the details wouldn't fit. Then I tried putting the details on before curling the arm and they fit perfectly but the arm wouldn't curl. Is there a way to remedy this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the details are not long enough to wrap. I usually stretch them a bit. But if the inner arm is too big for your arm, then cut a slice out of it and the detail will fit, and the arm.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hello, Are you still planning to upload the templates for your 2013 styled Cyberman?
I still want to, but my time is been extremely limited these days. I suppose I will get to it eventually, I am sorry for all those that are waiting rather patiently.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hello all it's been a while since on was on this thread but I built myself another Cyberman this year for a con. I also decided to upgrade him into a Cyber Leader.

cyber debut 18.jpg

Hello Wondersquid,
I found this forum about 2 years ago and I started working on the cyberman costume about a year and a half ago.
With your plans, I adjusted them to my size. Which took some trail and error, but got it working :)
I also added a home made voice modulator in the costume and hid the speaker in the chest logo.
And the helmet is 3D printed, the design is by Geoffra on thingiverse (Cybermen Scale Helmet (High Res) by Geoffro)
And now I'm doing the major conventions in Belgium with the cyberman costume.

And I've gotten very good reactions to the costume.
I even had people that specially started looking for me at conventions :)

The logo got a bit big but a new and smaller speaker are coming in the future. As well as the blue lights in the mouth.

Here are some pictures of my costume
53121265_10218403524940306_7397999017520529408_o.jpg 53439618_1113078175563291_7424271169261404160_o.jpg 53584681_1113074442230331_2727671040346947584_o.jpg

Looks good! Great job! Yeah, I'm modifying a commission for someone and it has made me realize I need to modify my original patterns a bit. I feel your struggles.

Hello Wondersquid,
I found this forum about 2 years ago and I started working on the cyberman costume about a year and a half ago.
With your plans, I adjusted them to my size. Which took some trail and error, but got it working :)
I also added a home made voice modulator in the costume and hid the speaker in the chest logo.
And the helmet is 3D printed, the design is by Geoffra on thingiverse (Cybermen Scale Helmet (High Res) by Geoffro)
And now I'm doing the major conventions in Belgium with the cyberman costume.

And I've gotten very good reactions to the costume.
I even had people that specially started looking for me at conventions :)

The logo got a bit big but a new and smaller speaker are coming in the future. As well as the blue lights in the mouth.

Here are some pictures of my costume
View attachment 1012219 View attachment 1012217 View attachment 1012218

Looks good! Great job! Yeah, I'm modifying a commission for someone and it has made me realize I need to modify my original patterns a bit. I feel your struggles.

Hi Wondersquid!

Your cyberman looks amazing! Are the patterns still available somewhere I can purchase them perhaps? Having cosplayed the Tenth and Thirteenth Doctor for a while I wanted to start working on a foam armor and what better one to start on then a Cyberman :D

Thank you for your reply!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back