Cyberman in FOAM!!! - WITH PATTERNS!!

Re: Cyberman - at last!! IN FOAM!!!

Hey Squid, i gotta say Your Cyberman Build is AMAZING! Plasti dip is a frigging pain sometimes, Trust me I know, I suggest going over it 1 or 2 more times. I'm not saying it looks bad, I think its frigging awesome and it would be fine the way it is imo but if you reaaaaallly want the smooth Look from plasti dip it needs a few layers. How many layers of Dip did you use on it? Best of luck reaching your deadline!!

Really incredible work! I say if you don't quite get done before Halloween, you can "flesh" it out with random exposed wires, and be a partially-complete Cyberman.

The one problem i found with ( Rub n Buff : Silver ) is that after you apply it on the item it still comes off if you touch it or if it brushes up against something. Yeah you need to let it cure but once again it has residue...

I used to have the same problem with RnB, but I finally got it to work. I'm not totally sure how it would work with the plastidip surface, but if you lay down some black Krylon primer and apply the RnB correctly, it won't rub off any more. I've also had luck with it on bare metal.

i leave this thread for a matter of days and over half the suits been completed, i'll be repeating everyone else's comments but say it anyway, looks amazing, clean, sharp, accurate and just brilliantly put together, you are making me want to watch Doctor Who which i've never done its that impressive.

hopefully you can think up a clever solution for your painting issue, be a shame to fall at the last hurdle.

So I just said F the painting issue and went ahead with it, the more I covered and painted the better it looked to me. Here is the chest covered and painted -
2011-10-26215250.jpg

And since it was long overdue - TEST FITTING!!
2011-10-27000747.jpg

2011-10-27000831.jpg

2011-10-27000901.jpg

2011-10-27000917.jpg

2011-10-27000934.jpg

2011-10-27000951.jpg

So yeah, there are some issues, but overall I am happy and I will have it mostly together for the test run on Friday and Saturday. Thank you all for your words of encouragement and compliments, they are the thing that drives me forward. Stay tuned, next up the finals!

Dude...un-freaking-real. I've never been able to make foam cuts that clean before. I wasn't even going to click this thread because I have no idea who Cyberman is, but I'm glad I did. It's been an education. Great work!

Truly an AMAZING talent you have sir....I am speechless...Completely BLOWN AWAY.
Im working with the pepakura files for mine, and im hoping that it comes out half as good looking as yours has. Im starting to have doubts about my build choice of material here. Ive got plenty of patience and a steady hand with an exacto and ruler, however ive not had any experience in costume design in the past. Im highly considering buying these floor mats and changing my plan of attack....But for now im chugging away at the pep files in hopes that i like what im seeing as each piece is cut and glued together. Most importantly id like to say...WOW, you have a way with pattern fabrications thats just off the charts. My hat is off to you sir.

Last edited:

Forget it. I refuse to even ATTEMPT a Cyberman now. Anything else would be **** by comparision!

Forget it. I refuse to even ATTEMPT a Cyberman now. Anything else would be **** by comparision!

Oh No! Don't give up! It took me years of practice, but I'm sure you can accomplish the same thing with perseverance and patience. I've seen people blow my mind with stuff they do in foam and every time I see that I say to myself -"Dammit, I need to step up my game!" Don't ever give up!

Freaking Awesome. Didn't know Cyberdude but when i saw him i remembered him from dr who. I like the paintwork just like metal!

I'm just lovin this build!

Your work is epic on the AWESOME scale, it's amazing what can be done with foam these days and boy am I blown away by this!!!!!

Been following the thread and pics in lurk mode. So I'm just coming out tosay PHENOMENAL work here. It's really looking bang on. Can't wait to see the final fit with hands and 'inside tubing' Unreal! Very impressive.

I'd be interested in patterns/guide eventuially too.

I wonder if you'd consider building the chest units or helmets of other previous era/classic Cyberman out of the L-300? Or would L-200 be better for that?

Fantastic build! Fair warning, I will be raiding this thread wholesale for info for my own attempt. Hoping I can get a fraction of this precision.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back