Cyberman in FOAM!!! - WITH PATTERNS!!

Re: Cyberman - at last!! IN FOAM!!!

now wire a mic to just under your lip, with a wire running down to a voice changer box...... robot voice?

That's what I want to do! With some blue LEDs for the mouth, anyone have a lead on this, is it something that comes in the voice changer helmet?

Any help I can get on this would be most appreciated, it's not like I have the time to do the research.:lol

This is AMAZING! I have always liked the cybermen as far as enemies of the doctor go. And this costume build is fantastic! Great job!

UPDATE! So last night I didn't have a lot of time, so I made patterns for the arms. Tonight I put them together!
First I finished up the back of the chest
2011-10-18184205.jpg

Just tracing and cutting
2011-10-18165218.jpg

2011-10-18165155.jpg

2011-10-18165132.jpg

Then assembling the lower arms first
2011-10-18181111.jpg

And then the nightmare began again. It took hours of finessing to get only one of the upper arms done and there is still some tweaking to be done.
2011-10-18230355.jpg

2011-10-18230424.jpg

Here's hoping to have the other one done by tomorrow. So much for my dreams of a finished piece by the weekend. If I'm lucky by the END of the weekend I might be assembled and can start sealing the foam.

Keep watching kiddies and thank you for the comments I crave them!:love

Now that's some pro foam building right there.

(bumped from previous page)

WonderSquid:
" So last night I didn't have a lot of time, so I made patterns for the arms. Tonight I put them together!
First I finished up the back of the chest
2011-10-18184205.jpg

Just tracing and cutting
2011-10-18165218.jpg

2011-10-18165155.jpg

2011-10-18165132.jpg

Then assembling the lower arms first
2011-10-18181111.jpg

And then the nightmare began again. It took hours of finessing to get only one of the upper arms done and there is still some tweaking to be done.
2011-10-18230355.jpg

2011-10-18230424.jpg

OK.................if nobody else is going to say it, I WILL! I think you ARE a Cyberman! How else could you work so fast and clean???????

How are you chamfering the edges so perfectly? And are you using a bandsaw to cut the foam? Keep up the amazing work!

This is sick. It looks amazing. To say it's made from foam, the cuts are seriously clean.

Awesome work. Subscribing to this :)

OK.................if nobody else is going to say it, I WILL! I think you ARE a Cyberman! How else could you work so fast and clean???????
LOL!!:lol:lol Thank you!! but seriously - YOU WILL BE UPGRADED!!!

How are you chamfering the edges so perfectly? And are you using a bandsaw to cut the foam? Keep up the amazing work!

I actually do it all by hand, it just takes some patience and some skill. I spent years doing costumed monsters for power rangers and they love using this technique so I became VERY good at it.

Small UPDATE, I was busy working on Cyber EarPods. I got the assembly line going on bolts and the chest symbol.
2011-10-19233135.jpg

2011-10-19233839.jpg

Then I glued on the symbol
2011-10-20001451.jpg

and finished up the right arm
2011-10-20001514.jpg

Again, I HOPE to get the arms done tomorrow and start patterning the legs. My timeline is fading fast, wow doing an entire suit in a week kicks your ass, man do I feel OOOOLLLLDDDD!!!:lol

I'm so jealous of this. I'll probably spend a good deal of the party inspecting it, apologies in advance.

Loving the Cyberman. That foam is great. I'm using it for a Buzz Lightyear.

Sweet

Breathtaking work!!!!! Good enough to be on the show- for sure. Im just amazed youve made it out of foam- just awesome !!!

OMGAAWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited to see this! Even if it isn't 100% finished you have to wear it! SO EXCITED! This is awesome.

You must teach me more about the foam craft Master Sensei!!

OMGAAWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited to see this! Even if it isn't 100% finished you have to wear it! SO EXCITED! This is awesome.

You must teach me more about the foam craft Master Sensei!!

Well if I do make it in time I know I wanted you to sew an under-suit for me, so that will defiantly NOT be done, but I'm hoping that's all I have to worry about. I made patterns and cut some stuff for the legs, I'll show that tomorrow, man these late nights just kill me. :lol just kidding, I look forward to the comments and critiques (come on, someone must think my work needs improvement, right? right? bueller...)

I am still curious how you get the clean cuts. Are you just using an xacto, or one of those electrical heated soldering attachment blades?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back