Flesh Tone Spray Paint?

Rusty85

Sr Member
Does anyone know if Michaels, Walmart, or Joannes has any skin-tone spray paints? I have to paint something and it's going to take forever to get done by brush and I've got no air-brush. I tried searching the forum and Google but didn't really turn up anything.

I haven't seen any in a rattle can which i wish they'd make that way you could just go over it with detail colors afterwards.

Walmart had a color called almond but it's terrible stuff. If it wasn't super shiny glass it might pass for flesh but it never wants to dry or when it does it orange peels and it actually looks like a layer of sprayed on plastic.

I've never found a good flesh paint, spray or otherwise. I always have to mix flesh tones by hand and do multiple-layers until it looks right. A good basic flesh tone in a rattle can would be awesome though.

Here are a few options from Krylon.

Ballet Slipper
255-191-205.gif
255-191-205.gif

255-191-205.gif
255-191-205.gif

Fairy Tale Pink
255-172-172.gif
255-172-172.gif

255-172-172.gif
255-172-172.gif

True Taupe
224-166-90.gif
224-166-90.gif

224-166-90.gif
224-166-90.gif

These might do well if you mixed them together or overlayed them.

I don't think I've tried any of those three yet or seen them. I saw something at Walmart but I doubt it'd work. It was called antique white or something, but it was in a gloss.

I tried that Almond years ago for this exact purpose and to this day it still isn't all the way dry :lol

What did you spray it on? Sometimes enamels don't bond correctly with certain rubbers and plastics and will instead chemically react with them. I've had that issue with custom figures. You can never spray paint an action figure's cape :lol

I saw Ballet Slipper at Wal-Mart yesterday near me. I've seen True Taupe at JoAnn's and Michael's in a 3 oz small can. Fairtale Pink is a Fusion color. I haven't seen it, but I've never been really looking actively for a flesh tone. I just found these all by browsing and Krylon website.

Michael's does carry the Design Master spray paints. I use them as a base coat then you can work into them with Tamiya paints and then seal that with Design Master satin floral sealer. Here is a link to Design Master for a color chart. Thanks, Jeff Design Master

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back