TDKR- The Definitive Bane Costume Thread...

Can we get coofunk back on the mask? I would LOVE to see him do it.

It was Finhead considering building the mask. I did start the thread though so I can understand the confusion. In any event, we just don't have the time. I think we are pretty much booked for most of 2012. :eek

The coat as seen here...

BANE.jpg

... is a Swedish M1909.
Militaria & Military Photos - Swedish*WWII*Army*Uniform(s)*- Grants Militaria Images

I remembered one of the brothers on BOTB posted a thread about this coat back in July. Credit goes to Rooster From Holland for figuring this one out.

Steve

It was Finhead considering building the mask. I did start the thread though so I can understand the confusion. In any event, we just don't have the time. I think we are pretty much booked for most of 2012. :eek

Darn it. Thanks for clearing it up though. We need someone to do a 100% accurate replica.

You're right, but I can't wait for a licensed replica to come out either. I wish the clothing was easier to find.

Very interested in Bane myself as well. I love what they have done with him making him an international criminal master mind. I have a thread dedicated to GI Joe 2 movie for Roadblock and the pants are about the same. I had a member here drop me a wonderful link to the real deal albeit expensive.

Crye Precision

Hope this helps and I look forward to more. Especially the vest and jacket.

Unfortunetly these are close but not the same thing, The Gen1 Crye's are what Bane wears these are the Gen3 Crye's which is what most of the special forces guys wear today. The Gen1 pattern is a different for sure. These are still about as close as your gonna get!

The vest is 100% custom, I have never seen a tac vest like that ever. The only thing I think on it that isnt custom is the shoulder straps which look like they came from a Alice pack straps.

Last edited:
The Swedish coat from page 1 looks close but I think it was either altered heavily or Lindy Hemming just copied it and made her own version. Here are some good pics of Bane's coat:

Tom-Hardy-Bane-Dark-Knight-Rises2.jpg

christian-bale-tom-hardy-batman-bane-battle-01.jpg

christian_bale_batman_fights_tom_hardy_bane_joseph_gordon_levitt_john_blake_dark_knight_rises_set_court_house_steps_pittsburgh_july_31_2011_9-760x1084.jpg

I haven't found any pictures of the M1909 jacket that is brown with the white fur behind the collar. There are some on ebay right now and they all have brown fur on the collar. The shape of the collar where it meets the jacket also seems to have been altered.

The cuffs to me on Bane's jacket seem very different also.

Isn't that the same type of coat Bruce Willis wore in 12 Monkeys, and Colonel 'whatis' in Enemy At The Gates?

The shirt on page 1 kind of looks like a 5.11 MultiCam TDU Rapid Assault Shirt. Some differences though.

Last edited:
Ive got pretty much everything in the works, Got a guy who makes Professional grade custom Tactical vests making thr vest for me, I have the mask from Gotham City FX on the way, A leather worker making the Wrist cuff, I ordered UR-Tactical Ops integrated combat pants which I will color strip and redye Blue. Just need to go get some Vietnam Jungle boots to modify with straps and should be ready.

Ryan
Long time no talk. Hope all is well. Can't wait to see your bane. Hit me up and let me know what cons your going to so we can get some pics of your bane and my bat

Thadios at yahoo dot com

Thad

Guys, those aren't Vietnam jungle boots. Jungle boots had the grommet/eyelets. Those are modern/pre-desert, standard issue black leather boots. Look at the "eyelet" (for lack of a better word). You can see where the black paint has rubbed off the rivet holding on the lace eyelet, revealing the brass underneath. If I had a dollar for everytime I had to put Emnu on those damn things, I'd be a millionaire. That's not saying he doesn't use jungle boots in the movie, but the pictures above show the all-leather issue boots.

Wes

It also seems that the straps are a small web pistol belt:

beltig.jpg

And the clips are the strap latches on the old ALICE gear ruck sack.

picture01633261zoom.jpg

Hope that helps.

Wes

And jungle boots have canvas sides and very chunky soles.

The boots are custom designer I am guessing But jungle boots are going to be about the closest things unless you want to custom make boots. I am actually going to dremel the sole down to flat and make custom straps for the Jungle boots, and obiously weather them to look that graysih brown color.

Thad- it has been a long time, Ill shoot you a email :D

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back