Going to build a Terror Dog head / neck

TylerHam

Hi All -

I think my next project is going to be my first scratch buld - I would like to do a 1:1 terror dog head/ neck/ chest - Like for a wall mount -Similar to this rendering I found online:

attachment.php

Wondering if anyone has some good first steps? Was going to make the base out of styrofoam, then use clay for the details - One thing Im wondering is, is how big the head is? Im picturing like a big St Bernard...

I painted up this one for a friend of mine:
IMG_0479.jpg

He bought it off of ebay but the original creator is on GBFans, goes by the name of Venkman4077. My build thread is here: Zuul Head - Community - Ghostbusters Fans Forum with a link to his profile.

The thing is pretty big, bigger than a st. bernard, and I don't think it's even big enough. Check out the movie size in relation to Gozer:

Wow - Thanks for all the help so far guys -

Ya, I guess it is bigger - I have a CUJO head pull next to me and it looked the same size (related to my hand - I know.. ghetto measurement) but not it looks a lot bigger -

What would be cooler? a 1:1 head, or a version of the whole dog the size of the stop-mo model.. Im not sure which I want to do more

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back