Star Trek Phase 2 hero phaser replica

did the Kelvin phaser actually get screen time? I've never been able to find it myself.

Admittedly I've never studied Trek 09 as thoroughly as the other films, but I don't recall seeing it either. Probably some are in holsters on people's belts during the evacuation scenes but I haven't step-framed every shot to check.

Communicators worn on the belts seem to be pretty standard on the Kelvin for some reason...

kirk-kelvin-comm.jpg

Never noticed that before hanging on the belt ,thats awesome that they kept the original communicator in the new movie ,love the phasers ......

I was watching that clip on youtube about a month ago.

Man those were the days, back when everybody smoked like chimneys! :cool

I loved it when Tom asked if they were tired of doing Cons and De said yes, and Tom said something like I know about you Walter! :lol

Yes the Tomorrow Show appearance is a must see for fans of TOS. Marred unfortunately by the presence of the curmudgeonly Harlan Ellison... :rolleyes

As to Kelvin Communicators, they are not QUITE the same prop from TOS... but they seem to be referencing the TOS comm flipgrid antenna in the construction of it. Different hole pattern though. And just like all the Trek 09 props, it looks rather whimsical and non functional... :unsure

3516853153_31e1c632b7_o.jpg

That's somebody's Flickr picture from back when the film premiered, sorry if it is used without permission.

k

When I saw the interior of the Kelvin Comm I figured it was similar to the iPhone in that the whole interior surface is a control screen with changing images depending on mode and function.

The Nelson is a good refinement of the TOS phaser but my favorite will always be the version from ST3.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back