Mythbusters is back!

True but he has a point there's not really anything at all entertaining or fun about watching or indeed interesting about learning that flying in a V formation saves fuel.

Explosions and seeing a fighter jet are kinda cool but watching a bunch of light aircraft fly in a line is about as exiting as watching paint evaporate.

Disagree. My family and I all think it's very interesting. It could be done in a boring way, but Jamie and Adam make science fun... like any good teachers would. Agreed, it's not Phineas and Ferb to them and never will be, but they prefer it over other shows just there to entertain.

As do I... for instance I'd rather watch them measure ducks flying in line than some hot shot ego maniac picking between 10 bimbos who he wants to fake marry. But to each his own, you know?

The exit hole on the house:

111207-cannonball-hmed-440a.photoblog600.jpg

If Kari came to apologize in person for the team I'd be ok with that.

lol stecco wall, insulation in there, i think at the very least the lucky homeowners should keep the cannonball

That canon ball incident is just crazy!! very pleased no one was hurt.

I love mythbusters. I do get the sense now that they may be coming to an end on the ideas front, and even more so that they already know what is going to happen before they show it, which does kind of 'blunt' the feeling on the show for me.

BUT this is a show without fake arguments, with highly likeable presenters, and something educational to say.

Did anyone see the truck bed liner myth? Mostly pretty dull, but the explosion proofing bit was amazing to watch (again, I got the impression they knew exactly what was going to happen anyway).

Of everyhting ive seen acrross all the seasons, they have never IMO done anyhting better than the jet pack. that thing almost flew, and why they havent revisited it is beyone me!!

Please do it Adam...just for me ;)

weequay

I guess the ball went through a house, skipped off the roof of another, bounced over 4 lanes of traffic before breaking the window in the minivan. How no one got hurt or killed, beyond amazing.

Good luck - confirmed.

And there... and there... and over there... and there.. and there too.....

:lol

Chris

Some safety problems there. Is this F-Troop?

I have a feeling safety procedures will be revised in the future.

And there are houses near the bomb range? 'Nice neighborhood, close to schools, well located, occasional huge explosions.'

Well basic firearms safety rules should apply for a cannon with some adaption in nomenclature...

Rule # 1
Treat all guns as if they are loaded.

Rule # 2

Never let the muzzle of a gun point at anything you do not want to destroy or kill.

Rule # 3

Keep your finger straight and off the trigger.

Rule # 4

Be absolutely sure of your target, and what is behind it.

Artillary would start involving trajectorys/distance calculations I would guess.

I think it goes to show, sometimes a safety standown is necessary even at expert levels. The military often does this after accidents.

So thankfully nobody hurt, and take it as opportunity to go over the safety basics as you are never
too skilled to not get complacent. Regular review of safety issues keeps complacency in check.

Accidents happen on any and every job. When you look at the history and time frame of the show, these guys beat every government and private sector safety and accident ratio on a galactic level. On that note, I give them the "**** happens" thumbs up.

Someday my kid's going to be an engineer or biologist, and part of it will be because this show has taught him scientific method and critical thinking. He ADORES Mythbusters, and I approve wholeheartedly :thumbsup

I think it goes to show, sometimes a safety standown is necessary even at expert levels. The military often does this after accidents.

You mean Safety Standarounds? Worthless... just something to make the officers and higher-ups feel better, that they've done "something".

:lol

Glad no one was injured and hope that MB won't receive too much negative press over this.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back