Batman & Robin production made Robin torso

drftfan

Sr Member
So I got this again after the deal fell apart last year on it. I am in love with this piece. Production made, not screen used. As you can see the bird isnt painted. It does have the side oblique armor. This did not make it into the film nor was it sculpted by Jose Fernandez unlike the torso itself. Anyone have any idea as to how or why the side armor was added? I suspect it may have been for the ice suit at the end of the movie and they ditched the side armor last minute. Mine is one of two or three with the side armor.
The fin is screen used from one of Batmans glove.
SAM_0080.jpg

SAM_0083.jpg

Last edited:
The side armor might have looked too bulky once the actor filled it out so they might have removed it. Just a guess...

I am pretty sure I have seen a painted version of this in a collection but can't say definitively if it was production painted.

Regardless it is clear this design variant survived right up to final production as it is fully trimmed and mounted.

Great piece. I think the O'Donnell suits from B&R are some of the coolest superhero movie suits made.
-Tony

Thanks everyone. This is truly the highlight of my collection. I would love to get a hold of one of the original painters to have the bird done in red. If anyone has a lead that would be great. Or if anyone is proficient in painting foam latex let me know. I like it the way it is but also would like to have it "finished"

Thanks everyone. This is truly the highlight of my collection. I would love to get a hold of one of the original painters to have the bird done in red. If anyone has a lead that would be great. Or if anyone is proficient in painting foam latex let me know. I like it the way it is but also would like to have it "finished"

I've been thinking about this and have come to wonder if this was one of the final production design concept armors. That may explain the side armor. Though I have no solid basis from which to make that claim, I'd assume that were that the case, that the side armor may have made the costume too restrictive or interfered with movement in some way and was thus not chosen as the final version.

Does that sound at all plausible to anyone??

This looks literally amazing. I would love to see it Photoshop painted with different colours for the bird emblem, see how it would look different with a blood red or even a nightwing style coloring. Either way still looks spectacular!

Hey redbird1, I'm new to therpf and I have never been on a forum before so apologies if this isn't the correct way to get in contact with you. I was wondering if you made or knew anyone who made replica armor for batman/robin/nightwing suits. I have been searching for months now and your work is some of the best I have seen. In particular I'd be chasing robin's forever suit and perhaps a panther suit too. Thanks for your time....Matthewjamesss:)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back