Delete thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

Anyone figure anything out to cover up the lower butt area? I think that's one of the only places left I still need to find a way to cover..

I made some custom "butt flaps" lol. Just made the COD as usual and then customized the flaps low enough to cover the cheeks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Re: IRON MAN Mark 4/6 Pepakura FOAM Templates- *Video Tutorial Link in first Post*

Well i figured out where the foam pepakrua files were on the forum and printed out the mask and neck piece to iron man. Not sure which one it is though probabaly 6. Anyhow if this is what its supposed to look like im dooomed. I have no patience for the paper version and i jsut spent 30 bucks on a bunch of foam. This is made of foamies. I have the heavey garage style foam mattes that look like puzzle pieces and those will be for the rest of the suit but i need to know ahead of time... Did i screw up big time or what the hell is going on? Ive never been good at complex things like this... Help?
View attachment 175611

SHARKMAN_IM_MK6_HELM_FOAM.pdo <--- this is the pattern i used.

You're on the right track. I built my helm a total of 5 times now and finally have one I'm happy with. Planning to do a paper and resin version in the near future, but the one I have now works well. What thickness of foamies are you using? I used 6mm for mine. Seems to hold up a lot better.

not sure where to find 6 mm. This is the craft foamies that are super thin. Probably 2 - 3 mm

I used 6mm foamies as well and they were better suited for the job. Looks good,just needs thicker foam.

IMAG2589.jpgthanks to these files!!!
I used 6mm foamies as well and they were better suited for the job. Looks good,just needs thicker foam.

not sure where to find 6 mm. This is the craft foamies that are super thin. Probably 2 - 3 mm

VinceRaptor - You should check out a local craft store; that's where I got all of my foam (in my case from JoAnn's crafts). The one I shopped at had 2, 3, and 6mm foam. I used the 6mm for most parts, and thinner foam on smaller, finer parts (fingers for example). If no luck at a craft store, I know others on the forum have purchased online.

I went to michaels, walmart and will have to check out jo annes cause i have yet to see any kind of 6 mm foam :(

Jo-Anne fabrics is were I found 6mm foam in 9x11 and on line they carry 11x18.

This question has probably already been answered, but how do you know how to scale the files? The original posting says they are left in default scale...

I made some custom "butt flaps" lol. Just made the COD as usual and then customized the flaps low enough to cover the cheeks.

pics? trying to get an idea..

Hello folks!

I'm curious if anyone's done a set of Pep/foam files for the MK.42 yet?
Also, how would I scale the foam files for my height? I'm a tall feller at 6'4.

The pepkura foam files for the neck are missing the side neck pieces. Is there a fixed file for that? Also i got some 1/4 inch thick foam from a large Jo Anne's store. 8 x 11 sheets at nearly 2 bucks each. Ick. I printed out the neck file just to see if it will fit me without resizing. Im average build 5' 9" tall at 150lbs The size on these things state (Scale 1.52) so for sombody my size would that work or if not what scale would work for me since im sure im not the only one of my size here to have tried to make this suit.

I have no idea why im having so much trouble with this...

I also bought some foam pads from walmart but i think they may be too thick for anything on the suit. What do you think? They are the "GOLDS GYM" High impact flooring. 6 piece puzzle design covers 24 square feet and is 2' x 2' x 1/2" thick

The pepkura foam files for the neck are missing the side neck pieces. Is there a fixed file for that? Also i got some 1/4 inch thick foam from a large Jo Anne's store. 8 x 11 sheets at nearly 2 bucks each. Ick. I printed out the neck file just to see if it will fit me without resizing. Im average build 5' 9" tall at 150lbs The size on these things state (Scale 1.52) so for sombody my size would that work or if not what scale would work for me since im sure im not the only one of my size here to have tried to make this suit.

I have no idea why im having so much trouble with this...

I also bought some foam pads from walmart but i think they may be too thick for anything on the suit. What do you think? They are the "GOLDS GYM" High impact flooring. 6 piece puzzle design covers 24 square feet and is 2' x 2' x 1/2" thick

1/2" is too thick. Go to Sears and go to the toolbox section. They have a roll of "best step" foam flooring which is 1/4" thick. Its like $25 for an 8'x4' roll. I did my entire costume on about a rolls and a half of it.

cheers.

1/2" is too thick. Go to Sears and go to the toolbox section. They have a roll of "best step" foam flooring which is 1/4" thick. Its like $25 for an 8'x4' roll. I did my entire costume on about a rolls and a half of it.

cheers.

Thanks for leting me know. Ill return the huge floormats back to walmart and go to sears to get the proper size. Also if you want to keep tabs on my progress i made a new thread. http://www.therpf.com/f24/my-first-attempt-pepakura-foam-building-ironman-184001/ I need as much help and advice as possible since I get easily frustrated when things dont work out right. Hence why I gave up on the helmet 2 years ago and why i gave up on the pepkura chest and hand this week. The Paper versions are just too damn hard for me.

hi , i'm italian and i don't speak english very well.
i'm trying to make an iron man armor whit foam 8 mm ld 45.
i understand a lot of technical from this forum and video , but i don't understand the various phases for paint the armor.

1 i use glue 4/5 layer
2 i use the primer spray 2/3 layers
3 i use red color and gold color 2/3 layers
4 i use plastidip for protect the armor and the color 2 layer

but you don't use the poliester resin ?
thanks
Dario

I get all my foam at Sears. It took me one and a half rolls as well for my Mark VII and I bought more for my Iron Patriot.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

hi , i'm italian and i don't speak english very well.
i'm trying to make an iron man armor whit foam 8 mm ld 45.
i understand a lot of technical from this forum and video , but i don't understand the various phases for paint the armor.

1 i use glue 4/5 layer
2 i use the primer spray 2/3 layers
3 i use red color and gold color 2/3 layers
4 i use plastidip for protect the armor and the color 2 layer

but you don't use the poliester resin ?
thanks
Dario

You can use Plastidip instead of the glue in step 1. You can use adhesion promoter on top of the primer before the colors if you want. The last coat can be clear coat if you want, but Plastidip last will just cover your whole project with black rubber. I have never used resin on foam. The foam is rigid enough and can be molded with a hair dryer.

thanks , i use foam white and so i don't must use plastidip at the end but only clear coat , but the adhesion promoter is not a primer ?

1 plastidip or glue
2 primer
3 ? adhesion promoter is not the primer ?
4 color
5 clear coat

You can use Plastidip instead of the glue in step 1. You can use adhesion promoter on top of the primer before the colors if you want. The last coat can be clear coat if you want, but Plastidip last will just cover your whole project with black rubber. I have never used resin on foam. The foam is rigid enough and can be molded with a hair dryer.

for the web site 4share do you have to pay 9.99 to get the files or am i doing it wrong?

This is incredble, thanks for sharing all of these awesome files and pictures! I had no idea that a costume like this would even be in my possible reach, but now I'm really excited to give it a try.

I have a big question though (I looked through the threads and forums, but I might have missed something. And I'm really sleepy. -__-): Has anyone modded this for a girl? Or have any other gals built the Mark 4 with 'adjustments'? I found an awesome Pepper "Rescue" thread with pep files, but I would actually like to still have Tony's armor (or should I say "Toni"?), albeit with girly bits. But if worse comes to worse, I'll just be a very very very short Iron Man and find a voice changer, ha ha. (I'm 5'3" and a girl, if it wasn't clear. LOL)

Anyway I'm looking forward to it! Just bought some mats at Harbor Freight for only $9 but they're 1/2 inch... TT^TT I've seen some people do amazing things with 1/2 inch, and I really like the idea of it being sturdier, but for the arms and legs I'm definitely going to have to find the 1/4... I couldn't resist the deal at Harbor Freight though...

Thanks again for the inspiration and the resources! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back