The Omega Man - Neville`s Caesar Bust

Mr Webber

Master Member
First, heres some action shots of the ultimate lone wolf in all his glory.

View attachment 69304 View attachment 69305 View attachment 69306 View attachment 69307

The weathers turned pear shaped so started on my next and last project covering my favorite period of cinema, Nevilles hunting kit. The wolf is totally old school with his gear, most of which is WW2 style. The travelling weapon of choice is the Smith and Wesson M76 9mm SMG. i think if i tried and was patient, might be able to scratch build one of these but if anyone knows of plastic versions, would love to know. Heres a pic of a replica.

View attachment 69308

I have searched without luck for a similar version belt but nothing comes close. As all the pouches are matching, includung the pouch for the tape recorder, im assuming these and the belt were purpose made.

View attachment 69309 View attachment 69310 View attachment 69311 View attachment 69312

The knive is a WW2 USMC model partned with a 44 M1911MA Colt 45. The holster apperas to be the same as the army issued version but i cannot find the US logo anywhere on the HD Have found some cheap replica versions but may go with custom. There are also many replica knives available and i got a sheath for a dollar that with some minor additions, look fine.

View attachment 69313 View attachment 69314 View attachment 69325 View attachment 69326 View attachment 69327

On the other side of the belt, a spare clip for the sub and a vintage RayOVac
flashlight both with custom pouches. Found a great example of the flashlight, thanks Jeff, and it wouldnt be to hard to fake the clip. Does anyone recognise the clips that hold the flashlight to the sub? Diving maybe? Also, a stun/flash grenade makes a cameo.

View attachment 69318 View attachment 69323 View attachment 69315 View attachment 69316

If i want to go with the original tape recorder used, which i do, then i have to id it first, been searching bit getting duck eggs, can anyone help?

View attachment 69317 View attachment 69319 View attachment 69329
Had to get the hat and shades to top it off and got the hat for $10 and replica shades for $3.

View attachment 69321 View attachment 69320 View attachment 69324

And Mike Tyson gets heat for having birds on his roof, its like the old saying, "You can choose your freinds but not the family"

View attachment 69322

Last edited:
Re: The Omega Man - Neville`s SMG and Hunting Belt

Thanks mic,
Not so much a costume build but would just love to have that stacked belt hanging off a hook in the room with the smg next to it.

Mr Webber, you and I share very similar tastes. Last year I started looking into a "shiny blue jumpsuit" build but it never went anywhere. I love your work!

Vincent Price in "The Last Man on Earth".....
Will Smith in "I Am Legend".......................
Mark Dacascos in "I Am Omega"................

Chuck "Kicked all their collective asses" in "The Omega Man"

Looks like the belt and pouches might have been custom made.

No doubt about Chuck was a Man's Man! :thumbsup

Anyone who can carry off wearing a GREEN velvet evening jacket, while shooting 'Brethern' has got my vote.
(Even if it was one of his political fantasies coming true!)

I know MGC made aSmith And Wesson M-76 blank firing full auto. Ifn fact I saw one for sale at Vietnamguns.com if its still there. I was going to get it but hey if one of you guy. (Like Mr.Webber )is going to get it...have at:cheers:thumbsup

Ok...should work now..www.vietnamwar-guns.com It a Carl Gustave...But the M-76 is an US made version of the CK...they have blank firing and non firing. Hope this helps

Last edited:

I love this movie and the entire feel of the period it was shot in from how it was shot to the music. It's how movies should be. Plus you cant' go wrong with Chuck Heston.

I'm pretty certain the gunbelt is a custom piece along with the tape recorder pouch and holder for the flashlight. Same goes for the S&W 76 mag pouch. As for the K-Bar knife and holster and the Colt holster, those are easy to find from the low end to the high end depending on how much you want to spend. The reason I know this is because I've done a bit of research in trying to duplicate the belt myself.

As for the straps that hold the flashlight to the S&W 76, I'm pretty certain that that is custom too. It looks like bent copper or brass strips witth a screw in the middle. Not too tough to fabricate I would think.

I believe Harada357 is selling a resin casting of the S&W 76 in the Junkyard. Of course for the real deal there is one on Gunbroker.com for $6,000.00. Or you could go for a reproduction called the SW 76 for about $5,300.00 (2010 price). It's a fully automatic SMG, unlike the carbines that were sold some years back. Moreover, you can pay for it in a 6 or 12 months without interest. Here is the link:

New Page 1

One thing I have not been able to identify is the exact model of blue flight suit.

GB

Last edited:

I'm pretty certain the gunbelt is a custom piece along with the tape recorder pouch and holder for the flashlight. Same goes for the S&W 76 mag pouch. As for the K-Bar knife and holster and the Colt holster, those are easy to find from the low end to the high end depending on how much you want to spend. The reason I know this is because I've done a bit of research in trying to duplicate the belt myself.

As for the straps that hold the flashlight to the S&W 76, I'm pretty certain that that is custom too. It looks like bent copper or brass strips witth a screw in the middle. Not too tough to fabricate I would think.

I believe Harada is selling a resin casting of the S&W 76 in the Junkyard. Of course for the real deal there is one on Gunbroker.com for $6,000.00. Or you could go for a reproduction called the SW 76 for about $5,300.00 (2010 price). It's a fully automatic SMG, unlike the carbines that were sold some years back. Moreover, you can pay for it in a 6 or 12 months without interest. Here is the link:

New Page 1

One thing I have not been able to identify is the exact model of blue flight suit.

GB
The one on vietnamwar-guns.com will run you around $550.00 for the blank firing model and the non firing will run $445.00

ok..one thing that has me going is who made the brackets for the flash light on the S&W..that was way ahead of the time? Also what kind of jumpsuit did he wear when he went gunning for the Family ? I have never seen one like it before or since.if someone make one i would think about getting like a Dickie and doing some mods to it. Like getting some pocket off of another jumpsuit and tailoring it to spec

Hey Webber. is that a U.S, Army general officers hat ?And if you got it for 10 bucks. nice work...(y)cheers:thumbsup

Thanks for all the comments and help guys, it's much appreciated.

The resin m76 is perfect for me, wouldnt get any other version
In the Country.
The hat was marked from the Vietnam war tain, there are a few
On eBay, just try different search parameters.

Anyone who can carry off wearing a GREEN velvet evening jacket, while shooting 'Brethern' has got my vote.
(Even if it was one of his political fantasies coming true!)

Don't hold back, JANDERS10. Tell us exactly what you mean by that vile accusation.

Indeed it is not, appropriately edited.
Tme to see the opthur.....opther.......optha......the eye guy.

I don't know whether they mocked something up for the movie, but barrel clamps are very easy to find these days. Search "flashlight barrel clamp" for examples.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back