TIE-Spotting. *First post updated*

Once you see this stuff, you never miss it.

Ive been looking a lot at the Endor battle scenes for reference for my ST build, and when looking close there are so much stuff Ive never noticed before. Broken parts, removed rails, removed side armor...

Just came across this thread.Reminds me at 2011 IPMS Nationals there was a nice Finemolds 1/48 TIE on the table. In the description the guy said I didnt put the decals on because they didnt have them in the film.

:facepalm

8388976037_53f0de6f7a_b.jpg

Maybe found some more stuff on vader's wingman tie.
There seems to be a white decal slightly to the right over the cockpit window too. It's hidden by shadow on the some pictures. Also on this other screenshot it seems they maybe used Gene's Edlund hatch. The decals and paintjob seems to match anyhow.

8390083432_bc98925be1_b.jpg

As Steve mentioned, we have no many knowledge or reference for ANH Tie and I don't know how many Ties were made at ANH era exactly.
In spite of the limitation, mystery for ANH Tie have been revealed by many guys who have eagle eye~
Steve and Kyuzo clearly demonstrated one of Vader's wingman is the Tie in Chronicle book through comparing the decals on Tie ball.
Now, I would like to suppose another guess...remained wingman is the Edlund Tie?

If we look at the production shot Jedimaster posted, the right wingman had no any decals and even dark grey marking...like Edlund Tie.
Here is another screenshot at Vader's wing damaged.
I'm not sure 100% but the right wingman's left wing was also damaged at that scene?
So, I guess that Edlund Tie is one of Vader's wingman?

Eric.

Last edited:
First of all I don't deserve any credit for that find. I just pointed out some more details on it. Also since I first saw it I have assumed the Edlund TIE was the one smashing into Vader. I'm sure I never saw any other broken TIE wing in ANH.

Yep. However, you gave clear confidence me for one of wingman that had decals.

Eric.

First of all I don't deserve any credit for that find. I just pointed out some more details on it. Also since I first saw it I have assumed the Edlund TIE was the one smashing into Vader. I'm sure I never saw any other broken TIE wing in ANH.

Alright Jason, one year later and I think it's time to add some info to this thread! I've updated the first post regarding the ROTJ TIE's. Seems like there wasn't such thing after all....Looks like ESB Hero models to me. No black canopy as far as the eye can see. Just look how pale they register compared to the interceptors black frames.

Cheers,
Steve

Thanks Jason! Here's one more.

This one shows the two surviving TIE's displayed on the famous "post ROTJ table pic". It's indeed the strange "Interceptor hull" and Hero ESB. Seems quite fitting since these are the only ones that's been shown on tours. I'm willing to bet that these are the only surviving ones left in the archive. Both are easy to ID thanks to the unique panel markings and the filed down dashboard to allow for the attachment rod in the canopy.

Cheers,
Steve.

Last edited:
I watched ANH last night to look for any details I had missed and came across this very quick shot of the rear of the TIEs.
Look closely and you'll notice that the TIE on the right has the dark grey detailing seen in the photo below that Steve first posted from the ESB work bench:
Screen Cap 1_50_50 Detailing.jpg

ESB_workbench.jpg

Even tough the TIE is on the right side of Vader's ship, it's possible that this is the same TIE seen on his left side in the forward shots:

markings_cap.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back