Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member propcollector's Avatar
    Sep 24, 2011, 12:28 PM - Millennium Falcon reference of names on the 32 falcon #1

Hi guys i am wanting pics of the names written in pencil on the falcon can someone help.

Thanks
    Mark
    From
    Langley, British Columbia Canada
    Sep 24, 2011, 7:59 PM - Re: Millennium Falcon reference of names on the 32 falcon #2

Theres one on top of the frame that the radar dish is mounted to

Here's a piece of text from a thread that goes into detail about the 32" Falcon and the names that are on it

A MF Thread that I can't recall the title of said: View Post
    -There are numerous ILM staff names written all over the model. They are kind-of-sloppily done with a black rapidograph pen. I asked Lucasfilm if we could replicate those, but they said no. So, I added all of them on MY model. About 9 or 10, IIRC. Eg; “Michel Fulmer” appears twice on the cockpit. Once on top in a box and once, much larger on the bottom. And someone wrote: “WHO?” in pencil next to his name on the bottom, so that is what I did too. “Lorne Peterson” appears twice. And Ease Oweung appears twice, once in English on the rear engine panel, and once in Korean (I think) on the side mandible. The names are pretty large…SO large, I am surprised how well you can see them once you know they are there. Yup, gotta add those.
    Last edited by Scratchy; Sep 24, 2011 at 9:06 PM.
  3. SD Studios is offline SD Studios
    Sep 25, 2011, 7:50 AM - Re: Millennium Falcon reference of names on the 32 falcon #3

Yup, that was my post and I think that is one of the pics Jason and I took from the two trips to the archive to scan/ photograph the Falcon.

I see you PMed about this as well. I wasn't ignoring you.

I am always happy to help out fellow modelers, but that would require a LOT of pics. It would take quite a while to go through hundreds of Falcon images to pull out all of the ones that show the names. They are all over the model.

Most look like they were done in a 000 Rapidograph pen. A few are in pencil, along with various phrases and weird geometric shapes. (I guess they were bored?)

If you have the image set I was selling, they are all in there...
    Last edited by SD Studios; Sep 26, 2011 at 6:57 AM.