Uncharted 3 shoulder holster

Darthdavi79

Hi

I need have the help,

They know from videogame Uncharted 3 , where Drake comes from desert out, this wear : scarf, shoulder holster and one strap of gun, what is the name?
I look at Google, it is hard to see what is name.

I won't wait long, when come my message

okay, here is the picture, what you see, the gun bertta, i am not sure...

Uncharted-3-Teaser-e1309770615728.jpg

leather brown shoulder holster, this match isn't find from Google...

Uncharted-3-Screenshot.jpg

second strap, I didn't know what name of...

back strap:

Uncharted-3.jpg

Darth, it's a WW2 Turkish Bandolier.....According to my friend. It's like the one seen in the movie Lawrence of Arabia.

I'm looking for one myself. There are some replica bandoliers out there for sale that look close to this but so far I haven't found any for sale that are an exact match.

The shoulder holster for Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 are not common shoulder holsters. None of them exist in real life. The only way you can get an exact match is to have them made for you by someone who's handy with leather work OR you do it yourself.

The best you can do, like I've done, is find real life holsters that are "close enough" to what you see in the games. :)

Yeah world war II or I if my timing is off :lol which wouldn't surprise me...
hang on.. I have pics from Lawrence of Arabia showcasing it here somewhere...
2193995800099763970S600x600Q85.jpg

2937828990099763970S600x600Q85.jpg

Annex-OToolePeterLawrenceofArabia_05.jpg

lawrence3.jpg

lawrence3-e1303646649334.jpg

lawrence_of_arabia.jpg

legionegiordana.jpg

I used those images to make a 1:6th version
P1120543.jpg

P1120545.jpg

I read somewhere that either this or a similar bandolier was also used for the sand people in Star Wars

The shoulder holster for Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 are not common shoulder holsters. None of them exist in real life. The only way you can get an exact match is to have them made for you by someone who's handy with leather work OR you do it yourself.

The best you can do, like I've done, is find real life holsters that are "close enough" to what you see in the games. :)

QFT
The NDI (Naughty Dog ?Industries?) logo on the back pretty much seals that up. I THINK the UC1 holster was essentially based on a Galco holster but I'm not 100% sure (a galco holster WAS shown in pictures of their reference materials.
UDF206.jpg

The Uncharted 2 holster is similar but lacking a magazine pouch.. instead, Drake appears to have a leather pouch on a belt for his magazines. There was some speculation about it's origin that leaned toward a cut-down double pouch from WWII that I THINK was russian... don't quote me on that though.
3331895news84845f9ab2cc1dd0.jpg

In Uncharted 3, we have already seen two holsters. One looks like the Galco clone from the first game BUT has the magazine pouch sideways instead of hanging down.
UC3MP.jpg

The other, has a more elegant leather pouch and is seen in tandem with the bandolier.
uncharted-3-drakes-deception_82389-480x360.jpg

It would make perfect sense that ND would copy the bandolier from the LOfA film because Lawrence figures into the plot of the game. IF I'm not mistaken even his dagger can be seen in the teaser trailer lying on the table.

As far as the holsters go.....Yeah, I'd imagine the holsters were modeled after the real Galco holsters....A while back I did a search for a sideways ammo pouch for my shoulder rig and didn't find much online. Most hang straight down.

The thing with buying shoulder holsters is that most are quite expensive unless you find a good used one on Ebay that's cheap. I plan on purchasing a real Beretta 92FS in the not to distant future so whatever I get shoulder holster wise it needs to work for a real gun and not just as a prop. Owning multiple holsters can be costly so I'm willing to forsake screen accuracy for functionality. :)

The thing with buying shoulder holsters is that most are quite expensive unless you find a good used one on Ebay that's cheap. I plan on purchasing a real Beretta 92FS in the not to distant future so whatever I get shoulder holster wise it needs to work for a real gun and not just as a prop. Owning multiple holsters can be costly so I'm willing to forsake screen accuracy for functionality. :)

(sorry about trimming it down)
I agree.. totally. Thats the main reason why I'm gonna stick with the one I bought for 60 bones. :lol It may not be 100%.. heck it may not be 85% accurate, but it works, is comfortable, was VERY affordable, and is close enough for me and 98% of the population.. of the other 2%, half probably won't care enough to say anything and the other half will be the snobs that got custom rigs with the NDI on the back and everything. :lol

I'd go with a Galco ******* II or a Miami Classic, (the ******* looks a bit more like the one pictured above.) I'm also pretty sure Galco also sells individual holsters for the ******* rig separately, so you can pick up a holster for any number of airsoft or blank "prop" guns, and have one to fit the 92 for practical carry.

Good luck!

just bought a glaco vhs118 on ebay for just over $100. not 100%, but it is brown, leather, and has the vertical holster that i was looking for. plus i'll probably be able to recycle it for other projects. i think i may completely bs the bandolier and go with one of those cheap plastic "bullet belts" since i splurged on the holster.

One thought on the bandolier is that one could potentially make a workable copy from a dark brown pleather.
That said, I'm going to wait to see how prominent the bandolier is in the final game before I decide to do anything like that.

Hi,

I am new in the forum and a great fan of the uncharted series too. Also searched a long time for the leather holsters, bandoliers etc. Also contacted naugthy dog for their interest in producing some officially licenced versions. No response yet - unfortunately. Maybee there is not enough request/demand to make the hole thing financially lucrative.

I have some experience in leatherwork and so I build my own ones. I can encourage everybody to try it - not as difficult as I thought (please take a look at the pictures of the holsters of part 1+2).

Would be great to get some feedback about your oppinions (accuracy etc.)

Will post some pictures of the bandolier soon...

So,

here a first picture of the unfinished prototype of my uncharted 3 bandolier.

One problem I have not solved yet are the buttons. The in-game buttons have a really complex shape with several ornaments. To mimic their appearance is no problem. However these push buttons have to be quite robust and functional...

Maybe someone has an idea?

Cheers

Hi,

I am new in the forum and a great fan of the uncharted series too. Also searched a long time for the leather holsters, bandoliers etc. Also contacted naugthy dog for their interest in producing some officially licenced versions. No response yet - unfortunately. Maybee there is not enough request/demand to make the hole thing financially lucrative.

I have some experience in leatherwork and so I build my own ones. I can encourage everybody to try it - not as difficult as I thought (please take a look at the pictures of the holsters of part 1+2).

Would be great to get some feedback about your oppinions (accuracy etc.)

Will post some pictures of the bandolier soon...

WOW! :thumbsup Both of those turned out great. I have zero skill when it comes to making stuff, especially something like those.

What kind of leather did you use? Are these holsters safe and capable of holding a real gun and ammo clips?

I love the bandolier pic too. Looks VERY VERY close to the one in the game, form what I've seen.

Is there any chance you could post a tutorial on how to make these or would you be willing to make some of this for other people for a price? I don't have a lot of money but I'd just love to own holsters like the ones from all three of the games plus the Bandolier. :)

WOW! :thumbsup Both of those turned out great. I have zero skill when it comes to making stuff, especially something like those.

What kind of leather did you use? Are these holsters safe and capable of holding a real gun and ammo clips?

I love the bandolier pic too. Looks VERY VERY close to the one in the game, form what I've seen.

Is there any chance you could post a tutorial on how to make these or would you be willing to make some of this for other people for a price? I don't have a lot of money but I'd just love to own holsters like the ones from all three of the games plus the Bandolier. :)

Thanks a lot for your kindness!!!!!!!:$

I am one of these "completely crazy" people, where everything must be absolutely perfect. The holsters are - at least I hope so - as robust as the one in the game. You could fight yourself through a jungle if necessary.

This makes it quite elaborate - unfortunately expensive - to build:

5 mm thick vegetable-tanned selected cow leather (2-4 mm thinner for lashes etc.), rustproof metal hardware (heavy duty brass press buttons / the buckles are casted from Zamak alloy as close to the in-game ones as possible).

The leather was wet moulded around the original weapons/cartridges for perfect fit. Some minimal changes to the in-game design were necessary to make it wearable/comfortable (anatomical formed shoulder straps etc.).

Furthermore heavy duty waxed threads, all leather edges chamfered, polished and sealed to be water repellent etc. If you know what you are doing its in total approx. 15-20 hours of "hard" work.

The bandolier was a nightmare. Every cartridge (60x) has its fitting - even in the closed pouches - I spend appox. 30 hours - in particular making all the stitching (by hand! - machine stitching is not that durable). If you ever try stitching 5 mm leather you will understand...

For me it was worth the effort because I wanted to have the "real deal" as close to the in-game one as possible. I am not sure if other fans would be able/willing to spend a lot of money. I would be.

I am working on the holster of part 3 at the moment - unfortunately the pictures available in the net are insufficient to finish it. I found nothing showing the pistol carrier in detail etc. Furthermore the magazine??? holder seems to be different on different pictures. Guess I have to wait for the game coming out.

In the meantime I can post some pictures of the formation process as some kind of tutorial...

Best

Yeah, I kinda figured these weren't easy to make and that you had to have put a bit of time and money into creating each of them. I know from my experience with the Indiana Jones gear vendors that leather costs and working with it can be both expensive and time consuming.

I've been searching the net since I played the first game for Drake's holster. I of course ended up settling for "close enough" ones. Then the second game hit and that one was even tougher to match to the "real life" ones I was looking at. Again, settled for something "close enough". :( I was hoping that some of the Indy Gear vendors might pick up making Drake's gear, like the holsters but that as of yet has not happened. :(

Unfortunately I don't have the experience or the proper tools to put these together myself. We do have a leather store here in town where I think I could purchase the leather you used here, not exactly sure though.

Did you buy the buckles and "D" rings for the holsters online or did you make them from scratch?

Yeah, any info you could post on how these were put together would be nice, like the measurements or template for the design of the holsters.

These are definitely the best replicas I've seen so far. I couldn't afford to buy each one but I could maybe get away with buying one IF you were selling these. I wish to God Naughty Dog would commission someone here in the US to produce a line of Nate's holsters. I know a lot of the fans would be interested in owning them. :)

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back