My 89 BatMobile

I love this car. I have always wondered:

1) how does it drive?
2) what is the front view visibility like?
3) what is the rear view visibility like?

MM_89_TOW.jpg
It went straight south via transport.1. no drivetrain. 2. adequate. 3. none.

Would just like to know the Batman Batmobile color 1989 I know it was a flip flop color but which color flip flop black or flip flop dark blue that is my Question..???.and P.S...I am new to this site and,doing all by my cell phone..for I have no computer or laptop...

Last edited:
hope some day can make one.
looks amazing
Hope keeps the dream alive. Knowledge then acquired skill makes it happen if you build it yourself. Not everyone in the 89 replica world is out to rip you off or do. I've built 4 in various stages originally starting from a Paul Sher hand me down mold that I had to heavily modify and straighten, and add all the movie car details like canopy window lips etc..but it was a start. When you buy a 10k kit you get a shell and thats about it, usually its a GothamCruisers shell. The GC kit also started from a Paul Sher ' part'..not a mold but panels that GC glued together then took a mold. There popular cause they're only 10k, add 5 years + to fabricate and refinish then you may be on your way to Batmobile stardom or garage sale clearout. When I invented and built the worlds 1st 4" square tube framerails for the 89 as seen in my above photos it set the standard for 89 builds and was copied by most every replica builder since including Matt, Tim and the current Champmobile with their GC kits. Problem was it reduced inner cockpit size by 4". Next frame built I used 2" framerails and increased seating room. Of course the 89 is so radical its naturally wicked but overall highly impractical and you must be somewhat flexible to even get in and out of it since of course there are no doors.

Last edited:
Hope keeps the dream alive. Knowledge then acquired skill makes it happen if you build it yourself. Not everyone in the 89 replica world is out to rip you off or do. I've built 4 in various stages originally starting from a Paul Sher hand me down mold that I had to heavily modify and straighten, and add all the movie car details like canopy window lips etc..but it was a start. When you buy a 10k kit you get a shell and thats about it, usually its a GothamCruisers shell. The GC kit also started from a Paul Sher ' part'..not a mold but panels that GC glued together then took a mold. There popular cause they're only 10k, add 5 years + to fabricate and refinish then you may be on your way to Batmobile stardom or garage sale clearout. When I invented and built the worlds 1st 4" square tube framerails for the 89 as seen in my above photos it set the standard for 89 builds and was copied by most every replica builder since including Matt, Tim and the current Champmobile with their GC kits. Problem was it reduced inner cockpit size by 4". Next frame built I used 2" framerails and increased seating room. Of course the 89 is so radical its naturally wicked but overall highly impractical and you must be somewhat flexible to even get in and out of it since of course there are no doors.
Up 4 sale now on the facebook page - some of the key details glossed over in the new fb add description such as the extreme amount of work went to recreate the 89's Batmobile features such as the 4" front clip perimeter flange (in metal) , the fact that it does have motor mounts for a small block chevy to bolt right in and trans mount, recessed canopy glass feature, steel cowl grilles that fit perfectly in their location or at least were shipped that way when sold, much much more that will simplify this build finish. Truly the Best bang for the buck. Add basic mechanical /fabrication skills, a summit racing catalogue for parts , some insight /how to build info from me for free and this 89 could motivate under its own power in far less time than the add says and less $ .

Last edited:
Saw the recent video where mr smiley says my former 89 (seen here in my pictures) is somehow ' inadequate ' , the floorpan is too short ..Duh uhh NOT, this n that are ' weird ' , 'its artistically flourished' ..and more nonsense., that and a couple nasty emails from the golden boy and I'm now convinced no matter how much you bend over backwards to try and make some people happy some people just don't get it, they don't follow instructions..ie since Ive built and completed a top notch 89 and many other replicas and mr smiley has built a quarter of one over 7 years..some types of people no matter how many hoops they want you to jump through after they ask you to stop selling your replica so they can buy it may never ' get it done ' cause they don't understand on how to get it done cause they dont wanna simply ask the ' maker ' how to get it done (built ). Apparently its easier to voice their ' opinions ' to the world rather than tackle the job head on. This ain't a rant, this is an observation.. Update that 89 has moved on to a happier home near the Los Angeles area.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back