The Other Blade Runner Badge

tain669

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I saw this in the pics that Karl took at World Con before they were pulled.I saw someone here on the forums post that they were casting this badge in a lost wax method but I've heard nothing since.I asked if someone could make this item as I think it is a lot better looking then the LAPD type shield that has been offered in the past a couple of times before.I have the 995 badge from this and I 'd like to know if this person would ofeer this for sale as I think this would be more proper to the spirit of the true cannon of collecting the props from this great film.I know Phil offered a wallet with a badge and I.D,card put I didn't see what the badge looked like in any of the pics posted in the threads I've seen so I hope I'm not getting out of line when I ask the questions as was the trouble in the now infamous thread that appear here recently.If anyone can give me some info on this I'd really appricate it :cheers :thumbsup Thank everyone

That's the one I'm talking about.Wasn't someone thinking of making this? :cheers :thumbsup Thanks

If you mean the police shield that says "FORCE" on it, and has the officer's photo in a circle in it...

I think that sizes up to be a bit bigger than an LAPD style badge, and too big to fit in the wallet, actually.

- k

The badge in the wallet is different according to the Phil wallet set.
I too would like to have a copy of the Police Chest Badge as well. Time to get sculpting.

Nick

My sculpt should be ready by next weekend. :)

In the beginning there was a ring and it was good:

ring.jpg

Hey Guys,

Hope I don't side track this thread, but I have several questions and hope that someone might be able to answer them for me. :)

Was there a definite badge that Deckard had?, has it been found or shown to be it?, or is Phil's badge in his wallet project the only one to be it and only it?

Since I'm starting to see many different badges here with the same sun rays pattern, and recently on the internet a gold colored badge with a picture in it for sale. So basicly, which is the fiinal verdict on the badge? :confused

Thanks,

I've seen information that says there isn't a badge in the wallet, just the ID and some paperwork.

Spinner44's wallet uses an oval badge, not sure what his source for that was, but it looks lovely.

No idea what the badge in Phil's "Super Wallet" looks like as it's not for the hoi polloi like us, only for the monied few.

<div class='quotetop'>(Blad @ Sep 10 2006, 07:53 PM) [snapback]1317216[/snapback]</div>
I've seen information that says there isn't a badge in the wallet, just the ID and some paperwork.

Spinner44's wallet uses an oval badge, not sure what his source for that was, but it looks lovely.

No idea what the badge in Phil's "Super Wallet" looks like as it's not for the hoi polloi like us, only for the monied few.
[/b]

I've also seen spinner44's wallet with the badge and eltee posted a wallet with a different badge in another thread. That is why I was just asking.

<div class='quotetop'></div>
I've seen information that says there isn't a badge in the wallet, just the ID and some paperwork.[/b]

Care to share with the rest of the class??? Hmmmmm?? :love

<div class='quotetop'>(turok96 @ Sep 10 2006, 07:34 PM) [snapback]1317446[/snapback]</div>
I've also seen spinner44's wallet with the badge and eltee posted a wallet with a different badge in another thread. That is why I was just asking.
[/b]

Mine was something I put together. A total interpretation / hypothesis on my part.

<div class='quotetop'>(Noeland @ Sep 11 2006, 03:39 AM) [snapback]1317447[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>
I've seen information that says there isn't a badge in the wallet, just the ID and some paperwork.[/b]

Care to share with the rest of the class??? Hmmmmm?? :love
[/b][/quote]

Wish I could, but my sponsor won't allow me to. ;)

Seriously, I wish I could remember where I saw the info. I thought it was on Bladezone, but it doesn't seem to be there.

I'm perfectly happy to be wrong, but I'm sure I read it somewhere.

Ok, well that issue goes back to Southwell and the Deckard wallet. Southwell said that he did not make, or put in a badge when he sent the wallet off to Ridley. Which means, if there ever was a badge in the Deckard wallet it was added later and would have been clipped/pinned whatever to the center piece made for credit cards and not a piece that is nicely indented.

Obviously we know however that there was without a doubt a really cool officer badge though ;) I am thrilled that we have been able to see that thing up close.

I hope this helps,

Bryan

<div class='quotetop'>(bbabich @ Sep 11 2006, 03:32 PM) [snapback]1317695[/snapback]</div>
Ok, well that issue goes back to Southwell and the Deckard wallet. Southwell said that he did not make, or put in a badge when he sent the wallet off to Ridley. Which means, if there ever was a badge in the Deckard wallet it was added later and would have been clipped/pinned whatever to the center piece made for credit cards and not a piece that is nicely indented.

Obviously we know however that there was without a doubt a really cool officer badge though ;) I am thrilled that we have been able to see that thing up close.

I hope this helps,

Bryan
[/b]
wallet.jpg

Might be my eyes (I've been squinting at a lot of pictures from Blur Runner recently) but I think the badge is in the third part of the tri-fold wallet. You can see that there are cards in the middle part and the right section (folded back in the picture) looks pretty thick.

I can't wait to see this finished. Will you be offering this as a blank so that people can insert the photo of their choice?
I haven't been this excited over a BR item in a long time.

<div class='quotetop'>(spinner44.com @ Sep 10 2006, 01:06 PM) [snapback]1317036[/snapback]</div>
My sculpt should be ready by next weekend. :)

In the beginning there was a ring and it was good:

ring.jpg

[/b]

Kevin, that's interesting, those two photos. Look at how much "chest" there is in the ID photo. Hmmmm.

I tend to think if there was a shiny badge that could grab some light and look all sparkly, Scott would have made sure Ford flipped it open enough to see the badge. However, we know from Gene Windfield, and Tom Southwell interviews that he asked for many, many details that he never put the lens on.

It seemed to upset Gene Winfield most of all, that the smallest of details he put into the spinner were not seen because of the rain.

I for one have always wondered what the heck was in the wallet, but knowing prop guys in hollywood, I always figured they just used news paper to add some thickness to the wallet, and created only what needed to be seen by the camera. Like any good hollywood facade.

B)

Nice photo of the wallet. Please note that it looks as if there is no "badge protector flap" on the left side of the wallet as included in some reproduction sets. This is normally a thin piece of felt, leather or synthetic (I guess in an animal free 2019, it would be "animoid" skin?) that prevents the ID window from being scratched by a metal badge.

Well, to really find out what type of badge was in that wallet is to ask Ford himself. But this being a long time ago I doubt that he would remember it.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back