My finished Chewbacca suit:

The suit is surprisingly light for the amount of hair used. You wouldn't think so but the suit does breath quite nicely. When I wore it back in July, I was only sweating underneath the mask.

Great costume. I think the face of your Chewbacca is the best i've seen to date on this forum......looks the most like the real one.:thumbsup

Wow! Thanks for the great compliments guys, really means a lot. I guess working 1300 hours, stiff necks and many back problems finally paid off. This was difinately a challenge for me. After all, Chewbacca isn't exactly an easy build to pull off. The first thing people look at (at least for me) when i see a Chewbacca costume is Chewie's face. If you don't sell people on the mask right away then you basically have a big foot costume that maybe resembles Chewie in some ways. After seeing all the bad Chewie suits out there, I really took my time. Reading your kind compliments really makes me believe that I captured his features.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Major thumbs up to you buddy. Great looking Chewie. I've been working on mine for nearly three years now and realise how hard this one is to make. Well done :D

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back