DRIVE (2011) Scorpion Satin Jacket

looks like hollywood is going to do their own run of Drive Jackets

"When he chooses to wear a jacket (or any shirt at all), the Gos is something of an outerwear enthusiast — he's regularly spotted around town in various plaid numbers, and who can forget that red-piped bomber in Blue Valentine? But Gosling majorly ups the ante in Drive with a white satin quilted jacket designed by Erin Benach. Our friends at Grantland caught up with Benach to discuss the look, and she offered a few fun facts: Gosling's contributions were inspired by the fifties Korean souvenir jacket he wears in real life; the scorpion on the back was a joint suggestion from Gosling and Nicolas Winding Refn, and it's a reference to Kenneth Anger's "Scorpio Rising"; and Benach made thirteen of the jackets for filming. Most important: She says you may be able to buy it soon. White satin'd wannabe Goslings, coming soon to a million bars near you. [Hollywood Prospectus/Grantland]"

I'm new here, but not new to the world of screen wearables. I'd love a version of this....I want in ! ") Love the work done so far gang. The film is a new favorite of mine, something RARE ( not since Manhunter or Heat have I dug a heist film like this!)

looks like hollywood is going to do their own run of Drive Jackets

"When he chooses to wear a jacket (or any shirt at all), the Gos is something of an outerwear enthusiast — he's regularly spotted around town in various plaid numbers, and who can forget that red-piped bomber in Blue Valentine? But Gosling majorly ups the ante in Drive with a white satin quilted jacket designed by Erin Benach. Our friends at Grantland caught up with Benach to discuss the look, and she offered a few fun facts: Gosling's contributions were inspired by the fifties Korean souvenir jacket he wears in real life; the scorpion on the back was a joint suggestion from Gosling and Nicolas Winding Refn, and it's a reference to Kenneth Anger's "Scorpio Rising"; and Benach made thirteen of the jackets for filming. Most important: She says you may be able to buy it soon. White satin'd wannabe Goslings, coming soon to a million bars near you. [Hollywood Prospectus/Grantland]"
That'd be totally awesome! i wish i could figure out right away if they do so i can know whether or not to order one from Indy.

Went and saw the movie and loved it. Indy has done a great job on the scorpion so far.I might be wrong but I swear I noticed that the shadow on the scorpion's back is 2 shades of yellow.

Last edited:
I'm still puzzled on where to get a "willaims" henley! the jacket will eventually be available to whoso ever wants it! but that henley....nope... 40's deadstock! not even deadstock swiss henleys that "mister Freedom" vintage store sells. Those my friends are one of a kind. I think the appeal strikes me more. I have never seen a henley that fit and looks soo great! any leads or anyone feel the same way here?

Good news guys... someone managed to purchase one of the original jackets from the film and will be providing me with high resolution photos and measurements. This particular jacket didn't have the embroidered back, so that will still be based on the proposed design above. We should be able to replicate the rest of the details perfectly now.

Good news guys... someone managed to purchase one of the original jackets from the film and will be providing me with high resolution photos and measurements. This particular jacket didn't have the embroidered back, so that will still be based on the proposed design above. We should be able to replicate the rest of the details perfectly now.

fantastic!

I disagree its horrible news that the jacket will hit the market. To me its better that Indy does it right and only on the underground and its very rare. I know thats selfish and I usually feel the opposite towards props and costumes that are rare. But I was so into the film, and I guess with it being such a distinctive piece of apparel. I would hate to wear it and see someone else wearing it. Just would make it feel kind of cheap I guess like a Echo hoody.

I disagree its horrible news that the jacket will hit the market. To me its better that Indy does it right and only on the underground and its very rare. I know thats selfish and I usually feel the opposite towards props and costumes that are rare. But I was so into the film, and I guess with it being such a distinctive piece of apparel. I would hate to wear it and see someone else wearing it. Just would make it feel kind of cheap I guess like a Echo hoody.

I know exactly what you're saying there and i feel a bit of the same way. But my way of looking at it is that i still don't think there'd be that many people who will get one to where i'd feel lame. If anything, they'd think it's either strange (aka jealous) or think it's awesome (in which i can direct them to the website to get it from). And, as all things go, it is a bit cheaper on the site and will be here in due time. Indy will, however, always have my support and will continue to be the best of the best at what he does.

I know exactly what you're saying there and i feel a bit of the same way. But my way of looking at it is that i still don't think there'd be that many people who will get one to where i'd feel lame. If anything, they'd think it's either strange (aka jealous) or think it's awesome (in which i can direct them to the website to get it from). And, as all things go, it is a bit cheaper on the site and will be here in due time. Indy will, however, always have my support and will continue to be the best of the best at what he does.

and anyway how many folks in your city do you think will wear that jacket? Seriously not that much or none.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back