Stormtrooper Oddities

Originally posted by pnerves+Sep 8 2005, 05:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pnerves @ Sep 8 2005, 05:50 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-TK9120
@Sep 6 2005, 06:14 PM
Does that figure have no stripes as well? Doesn't look like it unless the flash washed it out. I never noticed if mine did or not.
[snapback]1072593[/snapback]​

Mine is a Mr No Stripes. I'm so proud.
[snapback]1073636[/snapback]​
[/b]

Well I threw mine out when I got "too cool" for those toys so I'll never know if mine had them. :cry

Wow. MNS has been with me all these years and I didn't even realize it...
nostripe.jpg

Originally posted by clutch@Sep 8 2005, 09:44 PM
Wow.  MNS has been with me all these years and I didn't even realize it...
nostripe.jpg

[snapback]1073768[/snapback]​

:lol Looks like they were all like that. And his mic tip isn't painted. :)

Originally posted by gizmo+Sep 8 2005, 01:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gizmo @ Sep 8 2005, 01:51 AM)</div>
Originally posted by TK9120@Sep 8 2005, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Jediwannabe@Sep 7 2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Jango_Fett_Jr@Aug 31 2005, 05:39 PM
Oh, what I would give to see some better photos of those backpacks.

<!--QuoteBegin-clutch
@Aug 31 2005, 07:42 PM
What do these backpacks really look like???
http://www.heycomputer.com/sthowto/air01.jpg
http://www.heycomputer.com/sthowto/air02.jpg
http://www.heycomputer.com/sthowto/air03.jpg
[snapback]1069099[/snapback]​

[snapback]1069299[/snapback]​

This is obviously the Stormtrooper wearing the backpack from that Death Star exterior docking bay shot. I have not seen another picture of this costume. I had been wondering where that Stormtrooper was in the film until I saw the hose in the blown up shots provided in this link. More specifically, he is the one to the right of the shot. His extra backpack part distinguishes him. My thanks to Jack for scaning that Chronicles shot.
dgjdyo.jpg

[snapback]1072951[/snapback]​

I read somewhere that he actually plays both troopers in that shot. He is also one of the Death Star gunners. He might even be both of them as well. Not sure about that.
[snapback]1073139[/snapback]​

Thats Joe Johnston who worked on the visual effects in Star Wars.

Ben
[snapback]1073308[/snapback]​
[/b]

your right.

HERE HE IS ALL OLDER AND STUFF.

4_1744572.jpg

Don't see how this one got past me. Mr. No-Stripes got ventilated by Luke..... Must have been a flesh wound since he appears later on in the movie... :lol

stripedead01.jpg

stripedead02.jpg

maybe No-stripes was like, an ensign. You just got into the imperial forces, fresh outta boot, and you have to have infield experience before you are issued your stripes.

Joe Johnston, that little "camera monkey".
He must be on half of the pictures in the chronicles book..?? And he's always looking into the camera too.

T

Some magazine scans.

No sniper plate. And he doesn't know how to hold a gun:
rotjKnee.jpg

Uhhhh....No comment. :) It also looks like he taped his ab plate on the side.
ROTJLeia.jpg

Clutch, I think that trooper was returning his blaster to its holster. Not the easiest thing to do by brail. ;)

The other trooper just seems to be enjoying his job... :confused

Originally posted by wedge2@Sep 22 2005, 07:17 AM
Clutch,  I think that trooper was returning his blaster to its holster.  Not the easiest thing to do by brail.  ;)

The other trooper just seems to be enjoying his job... :confused
[snapback]1081569[/snapback]​

Good observation.

They do look like they have smiles on their faces. :lol

Originally posted by clutch@Sep 22 2005, 04:30 AM

ROTJLeia.jpg

[snapback]1081403[/snapback]​

Looks like he took his gloves off before he 'copped a feel'... naughty boy.

And in all the excitement, he's lost his aerators too. Looks like he's an ESB trooper but his buddy to the right is an ROTJ trooper??? Weird...

Super nice behind-the-scenes shots Clutch... could you email hi-res scans of them to me plz? :) Thanks. :thumbsup

Cheers,
J.B.

john@manicminer.plus.com

Originally posted by clutch@Sep 21 2005, 09:30 PM
Some magazine scans.

No sniper plate.  And he doesn't know how to hold a gun:
rotjKnee.jpg

Don't forget that Boba's Knees are on upside down in that pic. I LOVE THAT. Because NOW upside down Fett knees are CANNON. HA.

About the question were Luke's and Han's Boots were when they were dress up has Stormtroopers, I thought that Chewie had them in is pouch/Bag thingy.

Originally posted by B-Movie Zombie@Sep 23 2005, 02:57 AM
About the question were Luke's and Han's Boots were when they were dress up has Stormtroopers, I thought that Chewie had them in is pouch/Bag thingy.
[snapback]1082223[/snapback]​

Nice idea. You get the no-prize. :)

The pouch is obviously empty the way it flops around, and Han's boots are too tall, but it's still a more plausable explanation than the boots just appearing out of thin air when they need them. ;)

But Chewie's pouch could have been a portal into another dimension with infinite space. Therefore, they would have fit. :)

Originally posted by clutch@Sep 22 2005, 04:30 AM

ROTJLeia.jpg

[snapback]1081403[/snapback]​

That is class.

I never noticed that trooper's hand before,and he's even taken his gloves off for a better feel.

Did you ever notice Han cop a feel of leia's breasts in the doorway of the endor bunker?It's just after she is hit on the arm :D

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back