Stormtrooper Oddities

Perhaps someone could put together a stormtrooper based on all of the mistakes seen in pictures on this thread, it would sort of be screen accurate wouldn't it? :lol

Originally posted by Jack Bauer@Sep 3 2005, 12:23 PM
Is this the Chronicles pic?  His hand plates are on the wrong hands.

And I didn't know that Billy Corgan played a Stormtrooper.  :p

pic5eu.jpg

[snapback]1070881[/snapback]​

umm is that one of the "docking bay troops" with the wierd backpacks?

Originally posted by oldken+Sep 4 2005, 08:01 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(oldken @ Sep 4 2005, 08:01 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jack Bauer
@Sep 3 2005, 12:23 PM
Is this the Chronicles pic?  His hand plates are on the wrong hands.

And I didn't know that Billy Corgan played a Stormtrooper.  :p

pic5eu.jpg

[snapback]1070881[/snapback]​

umm is that one of the "docking bay troops" with the wierd backpacks?
[snapback]1071160[/snapback]​
[/b]

Yes,but nobody seems to have any good pics of the backpacks they used.

kind regards
Ben

Here's another little sort of oddity..

If I can borrow Dirtydave's screengrabs you can see here (crudely circled in red) the trimmed groin section to allow the stunt guy better movement... and safeguard his ability to potentially father children in the future. :p

troopers2a.jpg

The untrimmed groins are more like this..

troopers1b.jpg

Jeremy

Originally posted by lambotour@Sep 4 2005, 01:45 PM
"Wow, you look great."

"Yeah George, whatever."

[snapback]1071364[/snapback]​

Hehe. Shin and bear it. Get it? Shin and bear it? Never mind.

Originally posted by blewis17@Sep 2 2005, 03:13 PM
And where did Han and Luke put their clothes?  When they get out of the trash compactor and take off the trooper suits, they are back in their clothes.  Were they wearing these UNDER the body suit and trooper armor? Han's vest/BLACK RIDING BOOTS/Luke's Karate shirt/denim pants/and strap boots???...
[snapback]1070342[/snapback]​

Actually, my friends and I have speculated on the most reasonable reson for this. Though I admit, it is a stretch, we believe that they ARE wearing their clothers under the armor though they didn't have room for their gun/utility belts, hence when thet take off the armor they're both wearing stormtrooper belts and Han doesen't have his holster and blaster which was all left back at the Falcon (presumably because they couldn't get the armor on over them)

Originally posted by Funky Jedi+Sep 4 2005, 11:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Funky Jedi @ Sep 4 2005, 11:33 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-blewis17
@Sep 2 2005, 03:13 PM
And where did Han and Luke put their clothes?  When they get out of the trash compactor and take off the trooper suits, they are back in their clothes.  Were they wearing these UNDER the body suit and trooper armor? Han's vest/BLACK RIDING BOOTS/Luke's Karate shirt/denim pants/and strap boots???...
[snapback]1070342[/snapback]​

Actually, my friends and I have speculated on the most reasonable reson for this. Though I admit, it is a stretch, we believe that they ARE wearing their clothers under the armor though they didn't have room for their gun/utility belts, hence when thet take off the armor they're both wearing stormtrooper belts and Han doesen't have his holster and blaster which was all left back at the Falcon (presumably because they couldn't get the armor on over them)
[snapback]1071460[/snapback]​
[/b]

Okay, but now explain how they wore stormtrooper BOOTS over THEIR BOOTS. Ah-HA. Now that one has no explanation.

Sure there's an explaination. They got lucky enough to knock out two troopers with exceptionally large feet.
Come on. It's a movie. We have to be able to suspend belief to SOME degree to make movies a little more enjoyable. :p

Mr. No-Stripes in two more scenes. This guy gets around.

Chasing Han & Chewie:
nostripe02.jpg

Scrambling during Death Star attack:
nostripe01.jpg

Originally posted by clutch+Sep 5 2005, 04:41 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(clutch @ Sep 5 2005, 04:41 AM)</div>
Mr. No-Stripes in two more scenes.  This guy gets around.

Chasing Han & Chewie:
nostripe02.jpg

[snapback]1071662[/snapback]​
[/b]

Now how can he be at two places at once, wasn't he shooting at Luke and Leia from that upper hallway? Damn him..

<!--QuoteBegin-clutch
@Sep 5 2005, 04:41 AM
Mr. No-Stripes in two more scenes.  This guy gets around.

Scrambling during Death Star attack:
nostripe01.jpg

[snapback]1071662[/snapback]​

Not only has he lost his stripes, but his right lower leg as well. He's quite the talented one. :D

Wow, you can really see the color difference between the ABS armor and the painted HDPE helmets in those last two pics.

I wonder if Mr No-Stripes will one day have the same cult following as Mos Eisley Wandering Everywhere Background Guy and Bespin Cloud City Ice Cream Machine Carrying Refugee Guy.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back