Machined 5 Footer Millennium Falcon Engine Vents. Parts set #1.

eagle1

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey Guys,

Well, after the very successful Tie Bomber starter sets, we are pleased to offer you Falcon nuts a set of all 6 of the Falcon's engine vents.

These are machined in a very tough PVC plastic in 2 pieces, a top 'Lid' & the 'Lower base'. The base has a 'shelf' machined in to acommodate the Koolshade & a slot put in to lock the lid in place. PVC was chosen over acrylic as it is a lot tougher & not as brittle. PVC machines beautifully as well!.

These sets will be offered in 3 configurations, with the 'superset' having the styrene 'chipping' added to the base & lid. All the chips have been painstakingly researched to be placed as accurately as possible!.This has been made harder still as each vent is unique to its postion on the engine deck, with the differences in chipping reflecting this.
The 'Demo' vent in the pics is representing #5 or lower middle. The plating on the 'demo' vent's base has not been done yet as I realised I don't have the correct thickness of styrene sheet on hand. I'll get that next week & post some updated pics.
I can say that the vents match up perfectly to all the donor kit parts on hand which are quite alot!.

The 3 configurations offered are:

1) Set of 6 vents comprising the base & lid.
2) Same as above with Koolshade provided & cut to fit.
3) Same as #2 but having all the chipping/plating added as well. A diagram will also be provided to showing the correct orientation of each vent.

Please take note that this thread is for interest & comments only & all ordering must be done by PM'ing me & through the thread in the Junkyard I have set up. I will answer as promptly as I can.
I will ask though that 'Firm' orders only will be taken, meaning full payment up front. No, 'put me down for a set please'. After all firm orders have been taken within the 1 month period, then the sets will be made to order. Sorry to be hard, but, plastic is expensive, vintage Koolshade is expensive etc... , you get the picture.

http://www.therpf.com/f13/machined-5-footer-millennium-falcon-engine-vents-126342/

As the thread title suggests, this set will be #1 in a series of parts sets we have planned for the Falcon.The vents set will be on offer for 1 month (1 production run) after which depending on interest we will move on to parts set #2. I feel 1 month is enough time to order & gives me an idea on material quantities required. I guess these sets may prove to be very 'Limited Edition'?.

Please note that no more TB starter set orders will be taken as of now!.

So there you have it guys!. From my own personal view having spent years looking at these parts & finally have them in my hand is just amazing!. It really gives you an appreciation of the detail the ILM guys went to, to give the Falcon her special 'look'
Cheers
Stu

Attachments

• DSCF1659.JPG
    DSCF1659.JPG
    740.5 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
This is a cool idea. I'd be all over this if only I didn't have to collect a BAZILLIAN other parts to go with it. Nice work.

Simon, I was just saying to Muzza the other day, 'helweit, son, ah'm gon' have me sum 5' Falcon'. Could collaborate on parts.

Stu, do I get an x-wing discount? :D

Simon, I was just saying to Muzza the other day, 'helweit, son, ah'm gon' have me sum 5' Falcon'. Could collaborate on parts.

Stu, do I get an x-wing discount? :D

Ha, X-Wing discount, I love it mate!:lol
Sure, if you want a set Martyn, we'll work something out. Youv'e helped me out alot with the X-Wing.
Be cool if you start a build, we need more nuts on board bro:lol
Stu

32" maybe...one day....but 5' no! I don't have a big enough house :lol

Those parts do look very nice though Stu. Top work as usual.

(p.s. Enjoying the rugby??)

Re: Machined 5 Footer Millennium Falcon Engine Ven

32" maybe...one day....but 5' no! I don't have a big enough house :lol

Those parts do look very nice though Stu. Top work as usual.

(p.s. Enjoying the rugby??)

The thing with the 5 footer if your'e short of storage/display space, is you can always stand her on her end:lol.
Thanks for the kudos mate & yeah, enjoying the rugby very much, it's all NZ thinks about at the mo, this hopefully will be the All Blacks year!.
Cheers
Stu

I'm in then, god, must be barmy. Muzza's display idea is a corker btw, but I won't spoil it for him. :)

Hey Stu,

They look very nicely done. Wish I wasn't so ******* broke at the moment. :cryYou are right about the storage idea. I've madly considered that as my only means of storing a 5 footer. My preferred display would be to create the top of the Bespin Landing pad for it to sit on.

Re Blueprints, part of my goal in starting the big ID thread was to derive some decent plans for her. One day....

The thing with the 5 footer if your'e short of storage/display space, is you can always stand her on her end:lol.
Thanks for the kudos mate & yeah, enjoying the rugby very much, it's all NZ thinks about at the mo, this hopefully will be the All Blacks year!.
Cheers
Stu

Gort - oh man - do you still need the sealab bits? Guiltarama...I've been mostly avoiding the shed since my fall, it's been cold and I've been sore and sorry. I'll be moulding those bits for my own build anyway, so if you want 'em it's no problem and I'll do you the full set. I never managed to get the parts quite as clean as I'd have liked unfortunately; pretty clean but there's still some paint residue.

Some paints, my god I'd love to know what they are. Was there such a thing as epoxy-based model paint around in the '70s? Seems like it!!

I'm in then, god, must be barmy. Muzza's display idea is a corker btw, but I won't spoil it for him. :)

Hey Martin, if yer in mate, PM me & we'll organize a set for you.
Stu

Hey Stu,

They look very nicely done. Wish I wasn't so ******* broke at the moment. :cryYou are right about the storage idea. I've madly considered that as my only means of storing a 5 footer. My preferred display would be to create the top of the Bespin Landing pad for it to sit on.

Re Blueprints, part of my goal in starting the big ID thread was to derive some decent plans for her. One day....

Thanks mate, I'm happy we can contribute something to the 5 footer community of builders. I think the future sets we have planned will really blow people's minds.

Yeah, I considered the Bespin Landing Platform too as a possible base, but, if your'e only doing the ANH version, then no go!. I think I still would prefer an 'inflight' display deep down though:confused.

Regarding blueprints, Rodmart, I think was working on that, he had some awesome inside mandible schematics done here.
Best way is still to do your own though, there's tons of ref out there, it just has to all tie-in as one & one that you are happy with!.
Cheers
Stu

Yes, thats true. I'm still not toally decided whether to do an Empire or ANH version. I do agree with others here that the original 'Star Wars' Falcon is, in many ways the 'true' Falcon and the one that first captivated my imagination. Those underside boxes were added for a reason, but they really messed with her lines.

For ANH display I'd be tempted to do a bit of Docking Bay 94 as that's where she first appears...geez, I need a bigger house....

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back