Nike Mag's - It's About Time - VIDEO!

Re: Nike McFly's - It's About Time - VIDEO!

Guys, I would like to just say something with regards to whatever will be announced, vis-a-vis the price expectancy.

If you can afford them, that's excellent, and may you enjoy them for eons when you get them. If what we saw is what we expect, they are going to be one helluva an item.

If they are beyond your price range, don't let it bother you. They may not be self-lacing or whatever kind of exotic coffee the Nike ones may be announced to be able to perculate, but just don't forget that we have our very own markpoon who makes an EXCELLENT pair of these, and others like Pitbull (or yourself) who can do a jaw-dropping light convertion / addition job on them.

It is vital in cases like these to keep in mind that there exisits a very, very, very respectable alternative for middle-range budget collectors :)

Be happy with what you can afford without donating a lung, and you'll sleep better while enjoying the hobby to the full :) :thumbsup

Last edited:

Its been quite a while since i was actually excited about a product, this does it.

Im scared though, really scared about the price and availability knowing how the whole shoe collector scene works.

I GOTTA HAVE THESE SHOES :cry:cry:cry

I have Marks shoes and I get the sinking feeling that those may have to be good enough for me. I'm praying for an unlimited release, but then again this is Nike we're talking about.

I can only hope that they are more wearable than the DMC Shoes from last year - those things are a nightmare to wear.

-Gary

The only other time I've been this excited about shoes was the DeLorean Dunks. Nike really knows how to push buttons and get people frothing, don't they? :)

Guys, I would like to just say something with regards to whatever will be announced, vis-a-vis the price expectancy.

If you can afford them, that's excellent, and may you enjoy them for eons when you get them. If what we saw is what we expect, they are going to be one helluva an item.

If they are beyond your price range, don't let it bother you. They may not be self-lacing or whatever kind of exotic coffee the Nike ones may be announced to be able to perculate, but just don't forget that we have our very own markpoon who makes an EXCELLENT pair of these, and others like Pitbull (or yourself) who can do a jaw-dropping light convertion / addition job on them.

It is vital in cases like these to keep in mind that there exisits a very, very, very respectable alternative for middle-range budget collectors :)

Be happy with what you can afford without donating a lung, and you'll sleep better while enjoying the hobby to the full :) :thumbsup
Words of reason never spoken so clear
sweating2.gif
:thumbsup

nike will only release these to "tear zero" stores, all tear zero nike shoes have massive sell on value due to vastly smaller runs then general releases.

tear zero is the highest nike account you can hold with nike.

i've seen "tear one" shoes quadruple the store price within 24 hours, and this new value doesn't shrink either.

expect all shoes to be sold on the day of release, perhaps even the first few hours, this WILL BE the biggest sneaker ever released!!!

the more i think about it i fear people will have to pay 10 times the RRP! sad but more than likely true.

I've been frying my brain wondering how much this is gonna cost....$1000 or 1000+?

you also have to remember that these shoes will be in affiliation with Michael J fox foundation which I think will work out different as to who will be selling them.I really hope on michaels parkinson site we can purchase shoes straight through them so all the proceeds will actually go to michael.

nike will only release these to "tear zero" stores, all tear zero nike shoes have massive sell on value due to vastly smaller runs then general releases.

tear zero is the highest nike account you can hold with nike.

i've seen "tear one" shoes quadruple the store price within 24 hours, and this new value doesn't shrink either.

expect all shoes to be sold on the day of release, perhaps even the first few hours, this WILL BE the biggest sneaker ever released!!!

the more i think about it i fear people will have to pay 10 times the RRP! sad but more than likely true.

NEWS From Kixandthecity website

Just got some inside info on the release of the Nike Air Mag, and while I won't give everything away, here are a couple of tidbits. The Nike Air Mag is looking like it will be an eBay exclusive that will go to benefit the Michael J. Fox Foundation. Michael J. Fox himself will be on the David Letterman show tonight to provide more details so be sure to tune in for all the details.

Expect prices for these to go through the roof especially if it's an actual auction.PLEASE HAVE A BUY IT NOW.

Oh good lord, that sounds absolutely INSANE... Here's hoping they thought it through enough.

Has an auction event ever actually crashed eBay? :)

Interesting about the Letterman angle. That show is filmed earlier in the day correct? Would it be reasonable to assume that we'll hear more about it BEFORE the event tonight?

UPDATE: Letterman films at 5:00 Eastern. So we might actually here about these ahead of the 8:30 Pacific Launch. Neat.

-Gary

Last edited:

Believe it or not, the ebay auction would actually give us a better, fairer chance at these. If they hit Tier 0, forget about it. Many pairs would be lost to resellers, who would gouge the crap out of 'em. To give you an idea, the Nike Hyperdunks that were released a few years ago in this Mag color scheme STILL go for about $700. That shoe was under $200 to begin with. If this update is true, with an auction, at the very least, you know that you're not lining the pockets of some greasy reseller, but, instead, contributing to the MJFF. That's gotta be a better feeling than some kid wallet raping you.

it's airing here at 11:35pm so west coasters will see it at 8:30 but like gary mentioned hopefully someone will post something who works in the studio or anyone who was there for the taping :love

i'm from germany...have to wait until tomorrow to watch letterman online. so keep me updated if you know something before i do :lol

BIG NEWS DROPPED

VIA SPAINKICKS.COM

words // Brandon Richard ***TRANSLATED***

Since word of a possible 2011 release of Marty McFly's Nike Air Mag started to spread last night, the question on everybody's mind has been "how can I get a pair?" Some interesting release information has been made available to us courtesy of SpainKicks.com and we'd like to share that with you today.

First, know that 1,500 pairs of the Nike Air Mag have been produced. All pairs will be auctioned off via eBay, with proceeds going toward the Michael J. Fox Foundation, which is focused on finding a cure for Parkinson's disease through an aggressively funded research agenda.

For ten days, 150 pairs of Air Mags will be auctioned off daily at www.nikemag.ebay.com . The auctions will begin tonight and end on September 18th. Additionally, the shoes are being auctioned off using eBay's Giving Works, an innovative philanthropic program that allows millions of people to connect and make donations to charitable organizations.

You'll notice that the www.nikemag.ebay.com link is currently inoperable, but it will go live once an official announcement is made.

The 2011 Nike Air Mag is said to be Nike's first rechargeable sneaker and is designed as an exact replica of the pair Marty wore in Back to the Future II. The shoes feature a bright LED panel and electroluminescent Nike branding. Slight changes, such as additional foam in the ankle and forefoot, have been put into place to improve comfort. One charge will keep the Air Mag lit for 5 hours.

Again, all of these details are according to SpainKicks.com . Will they prove to be completely accurate? Find out tonight when Tinker Hatfield and the Nike team make an official announcement in sunny Los Angeles. Sole Collector's Steve Mullholand will be in the house providing exclusive coverage.

LINK BELOW OF SOURCE

Back to the Future Nike Air Mag McFly Shoes Release Information | Sole Collector

i wasn't aware that they were linked up with the michael j fox/parkinson's fund, in that case i hope they are expensive and raise them lots of cash.

i have a funny feeling we could be looking at 5-10k a pair! way out of the normal man's price range.

a 10k price tag sounds about right for what will be the most sought after shoe ever made!

BIG NEWS DROPPED

VIA SPAINKICKS.COM

words // Brandon Richard ***TRANSLATED***

Since word of a possible 2011 release of Marty McFly's Nike Air Mag started to spread last night, the question on everybody's mind has been "how can I get a pair?" Some interesting release information has been made available to us courtesy of SpainKicks.com and we'd like to share that with you today.

First, know that 1,500 pairs of the Nike Air Mag have been produced. All pairs will be auctioned off via eBay, with proceeds going toward the Michael J. Fox Foundation, which is focused on finding a cure for Parkinson's disease through an aggressively funded research agenda.

For ten days, 150 pairs of Air Mags will be auctioned off daily at www.nikemag.ebay.com . The auctions will begin tonight and end on September 18th. Additionally, the shoes are being auctioned off using eBay's Giving Works, an innovative philanthropic program that allows millions of people to connect and make donations to charitable organizations.

You'll notice that the www.nikemag.ebay.com link is currently inoperable, but it will go live once an official announcement is made.

The 2011 Nike Air Mag is said to be Nike's first rechargeable sneaker and is designed as an exact replica of the pair Marty wore in Back to the Future II. The shoes feature a bright LED panel and electroluminescent Nike branding. Slight changes, such as additional foam in the ankle and forefoot, have been put into place to improve comfort. One charge will keep the Air Mag lit for 5 hours.

Again, all of these details are according to SpainKicks.com . Will they prove to be completely accurate? Find out tonight when Tinker Hatfield and the Nike team make an official announcement in sunny Los Angeles. Sole Collector's Steve Mullholand will be in the house providing exclusive coverage.

LINK BELOW OF SOURCE

Back to the Future Nike Air Mag McFly Shoes Release Information | Sole Collector

PLEASE BUY IT NOW BELOW $1000.

C'mon NIKE, why don't you just mass-market them and give a % profits to the foundation?

:behave if these hit ebay the chance in gettin a pair would be 1 in a million if your prepared to pay big $$$$$$$,if Nike had any sence it would make more shoes than the proposed 1500 and flood the market with them as the demand would out way the supply..:love on the other hand if they went for under $1000 and i had the chance to get a pair,i would think what the hell!!! what an investment.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back