Hey guys, I need to come up with an idea for a pair of Haunted Mansion themed cufflinks for a project I'm working on. My best idea currently is the bat, which would work but I'm not sure how functional it would be. Can you guys give me some suggestions? I'll have to have them made in a small bulk quantity, so whatever I end up making will most likely show up in the junkyard later.
Just to the ever-so-recognizable oval plaque. A set of those will be the most recognized.

I like it in concept, but that's too detailed for cufflinks. I don't need the design to be the most recognizable thing, just looking for a cool element of the mansion that would work well as cufflinks.

Hey guys, I need to come up with an idea for a pair of Haunted Mansion themed cufflinks for a project I'm working on. My best idea currently is the bat, which would work but I'm not sure how functional it would be. Can you guys give me some suggestions? I'll have to have them made in a small bulk quantity, so whatever I end up making will most likely show up in the junkyard later.

My first thoughts would be the bat stanchion or maybe the entrance plaque. Did you do a google search for haunted mansion cuff links? When I did, I found the hitchhiking ghosts and the wallpaper.

How about?

letters.jpg
or

wallpaper.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions guys. The exit sign wouldn't work because of the text. The HM doesn't work for what I'm doing, the wallpaper design looks cool, I might try to figure out a way to make that work. Right now it's between that and the bat.

Hey gang. New to the thread... you guys rock! Amazing stuff here.

I am looking for high quality versions of the x4 Stretching Portraits to print out and hang in my bathroom. I keep seeing references in this thread to some High Resolution files posted of the portraits somewhere earlier in the thread but I can't seem to find them to download. Does anyone have the files handy for me?

Thanks so much,
Ian

Hey gang. New to the thread... you guys rock! Amazing stuff here.

I am looking for high quality versions of the x4 Stretching Portraits to print out and hang in my bathroom. I keep seeing references in this thread to some High Resolution files posted of the portraits somewhere earlier in the thread but I can't seem to find them to download. Does anyone have the files handy for me?

Thanks so much,
Ian

Welcome! I was the original poster with the files. I'll have to dig up the link.

I thought maybe I should share this project here. Disney never sold any of the loading area griffins with the exception of the bookmarks that were offered years ago. The last set sold on ebay for about $1500 I think. I almost bought them, but instead figured for that kind of money, I could at least do my own (but bigger and better). Those are only about 7-8" tall (without the base). My "prototype/test print" is 12" tall and 14" from front to back. And the final version... life size lol. A full 43" tall and 54" from from to back. This nearly finished head is next to the 12" tall prototype. I am pleased...Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 5.23.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-08 at 5.23.48 PM.png

abd337170343e6827a11c1d2fed5a1f7.jpg

303964c59f36a7532df7e9cb915dffb0.jpg

Finally made a bit of progress on these haunted mansion Corredor of doors handle. I 3d modeled a bracket that can then be mounted to the tail section of the serpent door handle and will be used with a passage door lock mechanism.

I’m having a friend 3D model the rosette that sits behind the handle since I’m still extremely new at 3D modeling. Then it’s off to be printed and then I’ll be able to see if the whole thing works. Lol.

d84536ac6f2d689ca39ee8e542464499.jpg

A bit more progress on the working serpent handles. With the help of ChickenHaunt I was able to get the rosette 3d modeled to work with the serpent handle mounting plate I designed.

While I wait for the prints to come back, I spent a little time working on the handle paint. Trying to match it up with the store bought escutcheon was a challenge, but I think it’s in a good place.

e126d43bd69e2ebcb55bb33027a37b6c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back