For those of you who are doing door handle related props, I just stumbled onto the actual door trim plate. It's from Weiser Locks (who are/were based in South Gate, CA - not too far from Disneyland) and looks to be the actual off the shelf trim piece imagineers may have used. I've compared it to the castings that I have and it looks spot on.

View attachment 797868

That is awesome, How and where did you get it? Nice work!!!

That is awesome, How and where did you get it? Nice work!!!

I literally fell down the eBay rabbit hole while looking for other parts and came across another trim plate which looked very similar that then led me to the real one. To my surprise the seller had two, which is exactly what I need for my mansion themed office.

I may throw them in some rubber and cold cast them in bronze, but we’ll see. I need to get the rest of the door knob mechanism figured out first.

I literally fell down the eBay rabbit hole while looking for other parts and came across another trim plate which looked very similar that then led me to the real one. To my surprise the seller had two, which is exactly what I need for my mansion themed office.

I may throw them in some rubber and cold cast them in bronze, but we’ll see. I need to get the rest of the door knob mechanism figured out first.

Nice work Congrats,

For those of you who are doing door handle related props, I just stumbled onto the actual door trim plate. It's from Weiser Locks (who are/were based in South Gate, CA - not too far from Disneyland) and looks to be the actual off the shelf trim piece imagineers may have used. I've compared it to the castings that I have and it looks spot on.

View attachment 797868

I have to thank you again, my daughter and I love searching and going down the same rabbit hole and I usually beat her finding the item we are hunting but she just beat me, so we just purchased 2 of these.. so now we have one for our HM Bathroom door. So cool thanks again.
AL and HannaH
s-l1600.jpgs-l1600-1.jpg

I have to thank you again, my daughter and I love searching and going down the same rabbit hole and I usually beat her finding the item we are hunting but she just beat me, so we just purchased 2 of these.. so now we have one for our HM Bathroom door. So cool thanks again.
AL and HannaH
View attachment 797923View attachment 797924

Finally I beat you to finding something, I've tried but never have I beaten you HA!

~ I Athena I {blastmaster's daughter}

Last edited by a moderator:
Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 4.36.03 PM.png
Working on a mounting solution for the serpent handles for use with antique passage door lock hardware. This is my first foray into 3d modelling, so I'm sure there will be some mistakes along the way, but here's where I'm at so far.

Any suggestions are welcome and I'd be happy to share the Autodesk fusion 360 file for collaboration.

I'm going to try and model the rosette too since most of the resin copies of the handle & door plate come with a flat insert, which really serves no purpose if you want to use it as a real door handle.
SaveSave

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 4.36.03 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been thinking about mounting the serpent as well but for now we are just using our knob that I originally installed, my back plates arrived today and they are awesome, here is the one mounted with the oval knob.
Back Plate 1.jpgBack plate 2.jpgBack Plate 3.jpg

I've been thinking about mounting the serpent as well but for now we are just using our knob that I originally installed, my back plates arrived today and they are awesome, here is the one mounted with the oval knob.
View attachment 799562View attachment 799563View attachment 799564

Is your whole room themed to Haunted Mansion? You should post some more room photos if it is....
I’m still waiting to see some more photos of your Disney collection as well as anything you might have collected from your time in the film/television industry.

Is your whole room themed to Haunted Mansion? You should post some more room photos if it is....
I’m still waiting to see some more photos of your Disney collection as well as anything you might have collected from your time in the film/television industry.

Hey there,
It is our downstairs bathroom, I posted some pictures in this thread but here is the thread I did for the bathroom.
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=274176&highlight=Haunted+Mansion+Bathroom

Maybe I should do a thread of our collection, we have a lot of Disney as well as props from shows I've done as well as other props just because we love them, I'll PM you when I make the thread!! Maybe I'll do a prop a day to keep it interesting.
Haunted House BR 1.jpegHaunted Mansion BR 6.jpeg7.jpegHaunted Mansion BR 4.jpeg

Hey there,
It is our downstairs bathroom, I posted some pictures in this thread but here is the thread I did for the bathroom.
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=274176&highlight=Haunted+Mansion+Bathroom

Maybe I should do a thread of our collection, we have a lot of Disney as well as props from shows I've done as well as other props just because we love them, I'll PM you when I make the thread!! Maybe I'll do a prop a day to keep it interesting.
View attachment 799576View attachment 799578View attachment 799579View attachment 799580

Yes, please do start a thread for your collection. I know I saw a few pieces in a photo from another thread once and what I could see looked awesome.
I’m sure you have a killer collection from shows you were a part of, plus I know your whole family (brother, son, daughter, etc.) have been around the biz for a while too, so I can only imagine the cool stuff you have picked up along the way. :thumbsup

Attachments

• 5741935E-7E5D-4C85-AE46-70472259260C.jpeg
    5741935E-7E5D-4C85-AE46-70472259260C.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 114
  • 1CAE4EFD-5421-42ED-9A1F-76D3000AEF09.jpeg
    1CAE4EFD-5421-42ED-9A1F-76D3000AEF09.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 124
  • 4D257A5B-B99F-4B51-AD3D-D985862CBBD0.jpeg
    4D257A5B-B99F-4B51-AD3D-D985862CBBD0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 107
  • CFB45FE9-2D12-4663-AEB3-74B107500E11.jpeg
    CFB45FE9-2D12-4663-AEB3-74B107500E11.jpeg
  • DA81418C-6C1B-487D-BD2E-3A2EA5EF8559.jpeg
    DA81418C-6C1B-487D-BD2E-3A2EA5EF8559.jpeg
Sweet!!!!! Nice work!!!
Thanks! I just found out that my fiance (she's awesome) is going to get my office wallpapered in the Bradbury Lily Floral wallpaper to match the foyer of the mansion, so I really need to get these door handles working ASAP!

I'm also trying to make a modified version of the loading area floor torchiere lamps, as well as a few other touches, but just need to get the room cleaned out first so that the wallpaper can get installed. Wish me luck!

Thanks! I just found out that my fiance (she's awesome) is going to get my office wallpapered in the Bradbury Lily Floral wallpaper to match the foyer of the mansion, so I really need to get these door handles working ASAP!

I'm also trying to make a modified version of the loading area floor torchiere lamps, as well as a few other touches, but just need to get the room cleaned out first so that the wallpaper can get installed. Wish me luck!

That's the paper we used to do our bathroom, fantastic be sure to post some photos of the process!!!

Hey guys, I need to come up with an idea for a pair of Haunted Mansion themed cufflinks for a project I'm working on. My best idea currently is the bat, which would work but I'm not sure how functional it would be. Can you guys give me some suggestions? I'll have to have them made in a small bulk quantity, so whatever I end up making will most likely show up in the junkyard later.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back