Been too long since I've updated, but these props are looking amazing !

My concentration at the moment is now trying to choose the right furniture...

+ picking the right faux fireplace and mantel.

-Moony

Here is my other tombstone I made for this year.

61b4b785.jpg

These two are all I have time for this Halloween. I have photos of a lot of them and will work on getting them done for next year.

-Eric

Thanks! I tried to do these last Halloween, but ran out of time. My plan is to add a little every year until my HOA stops me!

-Eric

Thanks! I still need to get them in the yard for Halloween.

It is standard stuff you can get at Home Depot. There is a blue version at Lowes.

Officially, it is expanded polystyrene or EPS foam. I have only found it in 1" 3/4" and 1/2" thicknesses. However, I know in some parts of the country they stock 2".

This was my first project with it and look forward to doing another.

-Eric

Thanks! I still need to get them in the yard for Halloween.

It is standard stuff you can get at Home Depot. There is a blue version at Lowes.

Officially, it is expanded polystyrene or EPS foam. I have only found it in 1" 3/4" and 1/2" thicknesses. However, I know in some parts of the country they stock 2".

This was my first project with it and look forward to doing another.

-Eric

Actually expanded polystyrene (EPS) is the commonly found white stuff that's made of compressed beads. The pink stuff (Owens Corning at Home Depot) blue stuff (Dow at Lowe's) rarer green stuff (Pactiv at other retailers) are extruded polystyrene (XPS).

Apparently the 2" thick type can only be found in places where it snows. In FL I can't even order the 2" pieces unless I want a pallet.

Actually expanded polystyrene (EPS) is the commonly found white stuff that's made of compressed beads. The pink stuff (Owens Corning at Home Depot) blue stuff (Dow at Lowe's) rarer green stuff (Pactiv at other retailers) are extruded polystyrene (XPS).

Apparently the 2" thick type can only be found in places where it snows. In FL I can't even order the 2" pieces unless I want a pallet.

Well that would explain why its so ******** impossible to find in LA !!!!!!!!

Thanks for the clarification. In Texas it's the same story. 2" would be nice, but I don't have the room nor the projects to buy a pallet of it.

-Eric

Almost done!! I still need the Hatbox in his hand, and hopefully some shoes can be found otherwise I will have to hide his feet with a headstone.

315794_2520171204497_1259807970_32983481_1750674301_n.jpg

HDtheater you have really inspired me to try my hand a Master Gacey's stone.

Glad I found this thread! My wife and I are huge Haunted Mansion fans. We don't have much in the way of props except for a resin cast and painted gate plaque hanging in the living room, we do have a few things to share of our house decor.

First up is the WDW attraction posted he have framed:

HMHousehold001.jpg

This is something my wife made with a shadow box frame, some purple velvet fabric, a funeral plaque found at a flea market, and the souvenir key bought at WDW:

HMHousehold002.jpg

Here's the aforementioned gate plaque. It's 24" tall purchased on eBay many years ago:

HMHousehold003.jpg

These are the Hitchhiking Ghost big figs purchased from disneyshopping.com a few years back. They sit in front of fireplace year round, but they get in the holiday spirit every December as you can see in the christmas card image:

HMHousehold004.jpg

hitchhiking_xmas.jpg

I bought the Bride big fig too, but she's packed away as my wife doesn't particularly care for her much. She's half the size of the Hitchhikers and doesn't display well next to them anyway.

We also have a Haunted Mansion costume group that visits WDW for the Halloween parties most every year. We haven't been able to get the group together the past few years, but we are planning to be back in 2012. I'm Gus and my wife is the Bride:

23453_395190536220_6953504_n.jpg

Last edited:
Love the ghosts! I have seen the tabletop versions of them before. Did not know they made them that big though.

-Eric

HOLY CRAP IN A BUCKET !

I love the Costume Group ! Ive seen pics of you guys floating around the net before - super impressive !

We also have a Haunted Mansion costume group that visits WDW for the Halloween parties most every year. We haven't been able to get the group together the past few years, but we are planning to be back in 2012. I'm Gus and my wife is the Bride:

n749591220_2155018_3470.jpg

Hey Everyone...

Can't seem to be able to post the photos right to this blog so you can cut and paste these pages to see my paintings...

Master Gracey painting is painted Oil on Canvas " 24 x 36 "

My Stretch paintings are painted Oil on Canvas " 4' x 6' " I am now working on the second two stretching paintings I am also sculpting the Candle holding Gargoyles and just started on the 13 hour clock... Lots of work ahead before Next Halloween!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13263143@N00/6186337319/in/set-72157627636384919/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13263143@N00/6308205919/in/photostream/lightbox/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13263143@N00/6308726616/in/set-72157627636384919/lightbox/

Last edited by a moderator:
OH my GOD ! ???? Is there any plan to sell prints or Scans ????

-AJ

Hey Everyone...

Can't seem to be able to post the photos right to this blog so you can cut and paste these pages to see my paintings...

Master Gracey painting is painted Oil on Canvas " 24 x 36 "

My Stretch paintings are painted Oil on Canvas " 4' x 6' " I am now working on the second two stretching paintings I am also sculpting the Candle holding Gargoyles and just started on the 13 hour clock... Lots of work ahead before Next Halloween!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13263143@N00/6186337319/in/set-72157627636384919/lightbox/

6186337319_0dc5746b20_b.jpg
6308205919_bed1de1c91_b.jpg
6308726616_b080013b39_b.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back