Great props everyone! :) Here are my streching portraits. Sorry for the crappy pics. These are not from the print on demand kiosks. I bought these at the Disney Gallery when it was above the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland back around 2002. I have all four and made the frames myself. I also have the wall sconces that were sold from the online Disney store for the 50th anniversary of the park.

HalloweenDecorations2005017.jpg

HalloweenDecorations2005034.jpg

I also have this foam head prop I bought online years ago.

Untitled1.jpg

And a mask inspired by the ride.

DSC06639.jpg

Love what I'm seeing here. My room isn't Haunted Mansion exactly, but it was inspired by Disneyland, complete with fake fireplace. Our house took almost three years to build (with us doing most of the work), so I was able to make my room almost exactly as I wanted. I'd say it was inspired by HM mainly, with some main street Victorian style thrown in. I also spent a lot of time looking at pictures of rooms in palaces, etc. I kinda wanted it to look like it could be some bedroom in the HM that you never see.

Rather than post the pics individually, I'm just going to link to an album I have on FaceBook. The pictures that are of my room should be fairly obvious. Also, the carved lion throne chair appears in two spots at Disneyland, currently. Jack Sparrow rocks in one at the exit of Pirates of the Caribbean, and there's one in the attic of the Mansion with bagpipes laying in it. There's a pic of the finished curtains last, which my Mom and I are still working on. Hopefully you'll enjoy.

The house we built | Facebook

WOW, this is my new favorite thread! I am so jealous of all of these beautiful props and Disney inspired rooms! Making me sad that I'm not in WDW right now :(

Yep, and there is always room for one more! This Halloween I plan on having the rest of Hattty done as well as making Emily or Constance.

Hey! I replicated a couple pieces of Mansion history myself!
Here's some pics of my replica Butler and Maid costumes

Ahhh! I'm trying to find/locate a cheap servant's uniform as well for Halloween when I pass out comics! Did you make the entire costume, or piece together existing stuff?

The tail coat is an antique that I had imported from Scotland and hand tailored myself to be more accurate to the park coat. The vest was completely done by me including hand dying the fabric the exact park shade of purple, locating original park issue buttons etc. and the pants were dark hunter green scrub pants that I hand tailored to be accurate by adjusting leg length and adding custom belt loops.

ok, I'm dying here laughing so hard...you did an excellent job on the Haunted Mansion Butler costume for sure. I can tell you this first hand as I wore this for years as a butler there...ok, the thing that's killing me is those darn wrinkles in the vest we were always trying to get rid of! also , you managed to find matching pants and jacket, something nearly impossible to do for years now, for our official costume...Very well done, I applaud your efforts...that's me far left in 96

Will

I finally have something to add! I have been working on recreating the tombstones for my yard. Today, I finished one. Made from pink foam

067b1ea5.jpg
c9712265.jpg

-Eric

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back