@ Saxe - those are some interesting casts !

its odd how the Hatbox one seems to have much less detail - while the other two seem almost carved from clay - Interesting. But awesome !

And Lostcasket... I need to see this !!!!!

The casting I ave of the Ezra/HBG head looks exactly the the same. a lot of the details are a bit shallow. All that I have seen look this way.

Small update - I have two long thin windows on either side of the main window in my room and I'm very heavily contemplating making 2 stain glass versions of two of my favorite stretching portraits to fill the two windows.

-AJ

I've got a few items.

I have:
--The main plaque
--The Hat Box Ghost statue
--I made a foam-insulation Gracey headstone, but use it as lawn decor for Halloween so its worn
--Made a bunch of Haunted Mansion Holiday styled Michael's variety foam jack-o-lanters

I've always wanted to sculpt the Haunted Mansion Holiday skulls (those in the garland) and reproduce the full garland.

Started another thread dedicated specifically to my recreation of my favorite portrait:

http://www.therpf.com/f9/haunted-mansion-stretching-portrait-replication-126682/#post1884028

Screenshot2011-09-12at42732PM.png

My daughter wanted a copy of these a couple years ago..and I found some cheap canvas paintings at 'Big Lots' and repainted them. I could only find 3, though, so didn't do the fourth painting.... I think they're only like 40" tall. I left room at the bottom for small signs explaining them.

2805374750101109960S600x600Q85.jpg
2631290450101109960S600x600Q85.jpg

Good luck with this project.

I have the Marc Davis stretching portraits hanging in my living room. I got them awhile back at one of the HM events. I also have a signed print of the mansion from the same event and some other collectibles.

I'm curious about those castings a couple of posts up...One, Ezra, appears to be a pull from an original mold but where do the other two come from?

Looking forward to more progress Mooniteman!

PYXL, those are absolutely beautiful! Great job on those reproductions. I may have to hit a local Big lots to see if they have any of those canvases!

My daughter wanted a copy of these a couple years ago..and I found some cheap canvas paintings at 'Big Lots' and repainted them. I could only find 3, though, so didn't do the fourth painting.... I think they're only like 40" tall. I left room at the bottom for small signs explaining them.

These are great! Gives me inspriation to do these as well.

Just finished this Master Gracey Painting. Working on all of the changing portraits and stretching portraits. Hopefully before Halloween! You can see it in the thread "Haunted Mansion Ride Stretching Portraits" Hope you like it:)

Here is something I've wanted to display for a while.
pic00017r.jpg

My wife and I created him in 2002, and he is still in operation today.
The Caretaker.wmv - YouTube

He has 3 hobby servos working his head(yes, no & jaw). The servos are in his rear end, that was not on purpose it just worked out that way. He was programed in real time to the Paul Frees HM audio track. Using an radio control setup, so I had to practice his movements before I recoded anything. He is a true anamatronic using 2 tracks one for movements the other for audio(they are on cd). I did a whole bunch of different tracks with him doing all sorts of things. I want to update him so I can give him full torso and arm movement. But I haven't had the time. Plus it would have to all be programed on computer. Since the RC setup couldn't handle all of the movements necessary.

Wow !

I can't wait to see the clocks progress ! I'm tempted to do this myself - It would go perfectly in my room !

Commander Max: I wanna see this baby in action !

Here is something I've wanted to display for a while.
pic00017r.jpg

My wife and I created him in 2002, and he is still in operation today.
The Caretaker.wmv - YouTube

He has 3 hobby servos working his head(yes, no & jaw). The servos are in his rear end, that was not on purpose it just worked out that way. He was programed in real time to the Paul Frees HM audio track. Using an radio control setup, so I had to practice his movements before I recoded anything. He is a true anamatronic using 2 tracks one for movements the other for audio(they are on cd). I did a whole bunch of different tracks with him doing all sorts of things. I want to update him so I can give him full torso and arm movement. But I haven't had the time. Plus it would have to all be programed on computer. Since the RC setup couldn't handle all of the movements necessary.

That's TOO COOL!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back