Only thing I have so far, but a set of stretching paintings are on the list since WDL annual visit is right around the corner.

DSCN9743%20(Large).JPG

Only thing I have so far, but a set of stretching paintings are on the list since WDL annual visit is right around the corner.

DSCN9743%20%28Large%29.JPG

NICE !

Dont be fooled by the DL stretching portraits - they will deceive the hell out of you ! Read my blog post above !

You have to spend at least a 150 buck to get something that is about the size of a normal poster (but smaller)

Heres the blog post again:

**** Disneys Print on Demand

i want to get the purple wallpaper custom printed for a room. i have an image but was wodering if anyone had a vector drawing of it

2 Things !

Looking for any and all suggestions on Lighting + Curtains !

@Tk1055

Here is the Cleaned up RPF Version:

Over a month ago I ordered one of the Haunted Mansion Tightrope Girl Portraits from the Print on Demand kiosk at Disneyland.

It was a little over $40 for a "28 X 17" print and I've wanted this portrait for years - so it that was a small price.

From the very beginning though this transaction was a pile of steaming poo.

First off - my experience with the cashier was unfathomable - it inexplicably took her over a half hour to ring me up because she had no idea what she was doing, as well as the other folk that helped her. I can't even tell you what the hold up as - it was like watching several ducks trying to figure out a door handle....

Whatever.

So after ordering they sent me a tracking number... according to the USPS site, they still haven't received my package. Reassuring.

But today I got it ! My Glorious 17 X 28 poster !

....wait....

Why does it look like crap ?

I know this is a terrible photo - but LOOK AT ALL THE WHITE !

Aside from the fact that it looks like it was printed with my ass - it's extremely soft and appears to of been printed on a home printer.

The actual measurements are 7 X 23... wtf. Last time I checked - copious amounts of empty space do not count as part of the damn print !

That's like buying a car and someone saying - "There is room for 20 passengers" - Then when you buy it - you ask - 'so where do the other passengers go ?' and they say 'Well you can obviously just strap them to the roof !"

Needless to say - I will be giving Disney's Print on Demand Service a piece of my mind come Monday.

Oh yeah - whomever the hell Heather Kasden is - I have your poster. You can thank Disney for your accurate delivery !

- AJ

I know in the actual Mansion the curtains are blue and red, but I think I will use a dark desaturate green, but still going for a velvet fabric, since green would have a nice contrast with the lilac/purple walls :)
For the lights I will use only a single ceiling lamp (hoping to replace it soon with a decent chandelier, if not, no problem, it's still quite nice! :lol ), and probaly a new desk lamp (not to mention the black light I'll try to conceal to make the glowing effects I have in mind! ;) )
but a proper "mood" lighting would be great, like small blue and green spotlights in the right places, and very dim light for the room itself :)
I would love to find a cheap projector, that would really make some nice effect and bring some life into the room! ;)

@TechDante

At the bottom of this post is my own personal version of the Demon Pattern - made mostly for printing out and using as a stencil - at the time it was the most accurate version I could make - but given the picture immediately below it may not so much be the case any more.

But feel free to steal it and share ! Share and share alike ! My Large pic is attached at the bottom

Picture of the Actual paper:
DSC_1486.jpg

Ah thank you Moon, you just saved me a bit o cash as I was tempted to order a set from Disney. Won't be doing that now. I love the Haunted Mansion, and am looking into the props as well! I hope to very soon make good Ol' Hatty, as well as add a new Happy Haunter each year to my Halloween display.

Glad to help Tk1055 !

If you google search Disney Print on Demand my blog post is on the first page. So hopefully I can warn others against this freaking scam as well.

i do hear great things about the Canvas prints - they run about $200 at the biggest size and the measurements are accurate - so there is not GIANT white border.

I WISH someone had a really solid scan of all the Portraits - My favorite is easily the tightrope walker and I've started re-sizing and cleaning up the portrait posted by Ramiel - but it's not gonna look 100% clear.

If anyone has a resource or scan of the prints so that we can make some personal prints for ourselves that would be beyond fantastic.

Re: Haunted Mansion props, pieces and inspiration.
I know in the actual Mansion the curtains are blue and red, but I think I will use a dark desaturate green, but still going for a velvet fabric, since green would have a nice contrast with the lilac/purple walls
For the lights I will use only a single ceiling lamp (hoping to replace it soon with a decent chandelier, if not, no problem, it's still quite nice! ), and probaly a new desk lamp (not to mention the black light I'll try to conceal to make the glowing effects I have in mind! )
but a proper "mood" lighting would be great, like small blue and green spotlights in the right places, and very dim light for the room itself
I would love to find a cheap projector, that would really make some nice effect and bring some life into the room!

I have started testing and buying various light bulbs and such. Home depot has a wide variety of specialty light bulbs, but most suck. The "Flicker" ones don't produce ANY light at all - and the vintage ones are too bright. I'm going to a lighting supply show now to buy some fake candles and Gels to set the mood as it were.

Once I've found a company who produced a very good demon face/corridor of doors wallpaper, it was also expensive, but now I can't find that link anywhere! :(

yea i would be interested grabbing up some wallpaper of that sort for my display. I wonder if anyone here could do a run?

I have two really neat tidbits HM related....one, a one of a kind silk Tie with the wallpaper, second, my better half, who is the Senior of the Haunted Mansion as of now, or, as we call them, the Lady of the Manor. She has accepted the Honorary Title from Ginger, who retires in shortly and is finishing out over at the Hall of Presidents.

Will

@TechDante

At the bottom of this post is my own personal version of the Demon Pattern - made mostly for printing out and using as a stencil - at the time it was the most accurate version I could make - but given the picture immediately below it may not so much be the case any more.

But feel free to steal it and share ! Share and share alike ! My Large pic is attached at the bottom

Picture of the Actual paper:
DSC_1486.jpg
thank you for that did you paint in all the eyes by hand

We recently had a set of plaster casting come through our studio being restored. The owner had been a Disney employee. While we had them in the shop, we asked if it would be ok to go ahead and mold them. Here are some pics of castings we pulled. These are full size, the largest (old man) being roughly 14-15 inches tall. From what I was told, these were the ghost you see in the mirror toward the end of the ride.

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005.jpg

^Those are so cool!!!

Eventually when I get my own house sometime in the future I want to do a Haunted Mansion themed room. I'm interested in seeing pics from anyone who does the demon eye wallpaper.

Right now the only HM thing I've made is the front plaque. Unfortunately I made the silicone mold way too thin and I was only able to get 2 castings off of it before the mold was destroyed. :cry

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back