Dredd 2012 Badge Build (aka Popping my 3D Print cherry)

Hi there, I'm a new member and I'm following the guidelines just sent to me as part of my setup.

I'm very interested in one of these Dredd badges, are they still available? I have also posted in the Junkyard thread as per the instructions but I'm sure if I've made an error someone will let me know.

Just a question: Are these badges made for display purposes only or can they be affixed to a piece of clothing? If so, how is the affixing done?

Ello there, sorry for the slow reply I really need to check this thread more often.

The Lawgiver's at a stand still at the moment, been so preoccupied with other projects it's gotten a bit neglected but am hoping to get moving again fairly soon with it.

Just dropping by here to post a message for anyone who's been waiting to hear when a new run starts to let ya know am now taking orders in the Junkyard thread for standard and custom badges. Drop me a pm if you're still interested in getting any. I am trying to go through all my pm's to message people back who've been asking but am sure I've probably missed a few.

Cheers,
Andy :)

Wow, loving these badges- inspiring.

I have a quick question regarding the cold cast brass process. What type of resin should be used..? The resin I used when fibreglassing my helmet has a pinkish tint, for cold casting, should I use clear resin? If I used the fibreglass resin, would this give a pink tint to the brass?

Thanks very muchly :) Nah shouldn't be a problem, the resin I'm using is pink/brown in colour and doesn't seem to affect the outcome. I've been told you can always add a little black pigment to the resin along with the powder to give it a more aged look but I've just been using the powder alone and ageing them with the paint job.

Do you know where I can find a font file for making other names? I know I'll end up editing it with the angle and all

The closest font to it and what I originally used before I went S/A on mine is OnRamp just google onramp font I think it's on dafont.com I just found it on google. :cool

Hi Andy btw I'm on here too, got some exciting news for you soon :love

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Paul, small world ;)

Really sorry I just remembered I was going to send you some info the other day. On laptop at the minute but will send it over shortly :)

Just occurred to me I've kept the Junkyard sale thread up to date but not this one, so here goes a buttload of pics (but not all of them or it'd be ridiculous). For those who haven't seen the sale thread here's a little bit of what I've been doing with these :D

I discovered quite a few mistakes in the original model plus heard about the size/shape difference between the male and female badges so did a complete do-over with more accurate details and sizes.

Here's the new Dredd badge...

The new Anderson badge (in a very grainy dark photo, but still...)

The badge stands I made to go with these, version one was black and red, version 2 in cold cast aluminium...

My own custom badge...

A couple to be made into wedding cake toppers for when I marry my awesome other half Nix..

And just for good measure a selection of custom badges (As I said before not all of them as this post is gonna stupidly pic heavy as is) This represents an awful lot of hours in a fume filled shed lol. Thanks for looking :D

Love the Design of the stand, got mine today, excellent job! Thank you very much Andy, Badge looks great in the stand!:thumbsup

Last edited:
Just like to add my 2 cents and say that these things are a masterpiece. the pics don't do them justice.

Got mine and I couldn't be happier :)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back