1960's USS Enterprise??

OliverQueenIND

Does anyone happen to know how much a vintage 1960's uss enterprise model thats still in the package would go for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not an expert on the kits, but I'd guess that's a 70's not 60's version.

There is a site out there that lists the various numbers and versions.

The prices on these have dropped a LOT on eBay in the last two years. I have followed them for quite a while. Yah, I am weird that way. :lol

I recommend picking them up. They are fun to build, but quite a challange, getting the parts that do not want to go together...um, together.

The first-release (with the saucer and nacelle lights) used to go for $600 to $700. I have seen them now going for around around $300.

The second release (with JUST the saucer lights) used to go for $500 to $600. I snagged one last year for $40.

Yup. $40. :confused

Ditto on the Klingon model. I scored a FIRST edition with the lights, original box art and clear stand for $43.

A few years ago, you couldn't TOUCH this model for less than $600.

Interesting...

Here is another ODD thing. If you decide to make a replica of the ship as it appears on the box cover (like I did) the ORIGINAL 1966 decals don't match the picture. :confused

The round 2 re-pop decals DO. :confused :confused

Which is great, as the original decals are thick and probably wouldn't work anyway. I also used yellow-white LEDs in the saucer, as I doubted the intregrity of the 45 year old bulbs...

View attachment 66900

The thing I remember most about that kit was the really horrible way the engine struts connected to the secondary hull. As a kid it almost put me over the edge, lol.

The thing I remember most about that kit was the really horrible way the engine struts connected to the secondary hull. As a kid it almost put me over the edge, lol.
ohgod yes.
And for some reason that goofy display stand gave me fits, too.
attachment.php

Thanks for all the input. A friend of mine just dug this out
of his attic and was curious if he should sell it or hold on
to it for a while. I will tell him to hold onto it either way.

You have any pictures of the kit out of the box? That tends to help more in identification of the kit than the box itself as the plastic changed more frequently than the boxes did. It could be what I call a Long Box version 2 or version 3 (the nacelle dome colors would be the biggest clue here and if it has wires for lighting).

Here is another ODD thing. If you decide to make a replica of the ship as it appears on the box cover (like I did) the ORIGINAL 1966 decals don't match the picture. :confused

The round 2 re-pop decals DO. :confused :confused

Which is great, as the original decals are thick and probably wouldn't work anyway. I also used yellow-white LEDs in the saucer, as I doubted the intregrity of the 45 year old bulbs...

View attachment 66900

Nice box top replica. This is the 1st time I've seen one built as it appears on the box.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back