Weeping Angel at Aninite 2011 in Austria (Image heavy)

flo

Hi

Being a Dr. Who fan and a Weeping Angel one , I though about creating my own Weeping Angel cosplay for Austria's largest cosplay convention in Vienna :cool

Unfortunately Dr. Who is pretty unknown in Austria yet it still seems more and more people get to know and love it, anyhow it hurts if people think you're a Gargoyle :confused

It was pretty much work but 100% worth it and it's not as hot as one might think ;)

Enjoy

Attacking Weeping Angel
attachment.php

2nd one, inside the convention location:
attachment.php

Group Cosplay in front of the loctation (not a 100% perfect picture, you see my shoetip :( )

attachment.php

brilliant work, i made the mask for my son years ago now, but the whole costume you created looks brilliant!

Looks amazing! My daughter would LOVE to be a Weeping Angel for Halloween! The mask is excellent!

I love the costume. The only problem is, I'm afraid to look away from it. I keep hearing the Doctor saying "Blink and you're dead."

Really top notch work you've done.

Ted.
Prefect42.

Hi

Yeah, the crack on the costume is painted, just a black line surrounded by a white lines, gives that high/low 3d effect.

The skin paint job was done with different sponges and water based bodypainting color.
Takes a bit over an hour to get it done, but it's really not that difficult, don't take too much water and dab lightly on the skin. I then did highlight some muscles and tendons with white color

Just came back from our of the biggest conventions in Germany, Connichi, with some new cool weeping angel pictures , for your pleasure :)

Very nice. I don't know why anyone would hate on gargoyles, but your angel looks great. Can you share what you did for the hair and wings?

Oh thats simply superb work. :D My friend worked on the wings for the first version of the Angels for the show, and you've managed to recreate them beautifully.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back