Phantasm: Mask of the Phantasm

Bnightwing

Yes, I know this character was a woman, but I think this would be a great project to do. I really enjoy seeing some costumes from comics or animations because it makes them come to life. Has anyone done this before? I've never been to a con (don't kill me), but when I finally go I wanna go as something awesome and unquie. So, I may work on this project for a while. I'm pretty much a grade A noob when it comes to cosplay. So suggestions would be great. Thanks guys!

Reference pic
Phantasm.jpg

i havent seen one and id think itd be an awesome one to do especially since it sounds like itd be one of your first builds

and i personally think that mask of the phantasm is one of THE best comicbook movies

Awesome movie... In fact, probably still the best Batman movie to date.

To me, the hood and cape should be a sheer gray material. Something that flows like smoke... similar to the material used in Lily Munster's dress (I have no idea what that material is). The hood should obviously be lined so that it's thicker and black inside.

That's just how I've always pictured it.

Hand could be done pretty easy this time of the year, go get a pirate hook and a toy ax from the Halloween store, take off the hook and attach the ax head and heel to the sides of the hook's cup part. If you can find the right parts I think it'd look cool and could be done on a budget. Maybe cut some foamies out to add the details to hand covering? That's how I would do it with my (currently) limited skill-set :lol

And the mask? See if you can find a Casey Jones(TMNT) style mask and modify it a little, I think they look pretty close and I know I've see them around somewhere...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TMNT-CASEY-...23643623?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0#ht_1216wt_1139

Last edited:
nowadays when i see this masks it reminds me of general greivous haha but i think modifiying those army of two masks could work

and i think if you got ahold of some shoulder pads for under neath the cape itll give you that broader more menacing look aswell as something to mount the cape down so it wont constantly wanna pull backwards

hello,
To give you a small idea for the mask: you have to interpret in 2D or 3D. And therefore I think high impact polystyrene (forex) is the appropriate flexibility for face and cheeks in two parts.
Finally all it's hard to describe it.
For the hand, I think it's not very complicated to achieve in paper craft, it's a fairly simple forms to achieve even without Pepakura.

Pepakura is a program that allows you to swing a 3D file in paper craft file. It's a program that many people use in this forum, you'll see.

I've had an idea where for the hook instead of covering you hand with a dome you can add armor on the back of the glove, so you can keep the use of that hand and still have it set apart from your other hand.

I'm sorry that made no sense.
Sorry sometimes I post stuff while sleep deprived. Basically, the idea was to just mount the Blade on a gauntlet Instead of covering your hand as if it's amputated. Just a small change I thought would be more practical with having your hand free. It was an interesting idea had a thought I should share it.

I really should get more sleep.

Sorry sometimes I post stuff while sleep deprived. Basically, the idea was to just mount the Blade on a gauntlet Instead of covering your hand as if it's amputated. Just a small change I thought would be more practical with having your hand free. It was an interesting idea had a thought I should share it.

I really should get more sleep.

Ha, it's fine. But good idea. I think the most difficult part of this project will be the mask. I wonder if I can get someone here to make me one for a reasonable cost.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back