Breaking Bad Props

Can't help you with contacting the prop department (which would have disbanded at the end of the show) but I have owned over 20 original Walt shirts at one time (still have quite a few in our collection) and may be able to answer your questions.

Gus' model of glasses (not screen-used) are now up on eBay. EDIT: This is a similar model, but not quite accurate.

Also, a somewhat accurate replica of Don Eladio's rosary also appeared. It's not exact to the screen-used one but is fairly close.

Last edited:
Gus' model of glasses (not screen-used) are now up on eBay.
That's not the correct model. Overall there are 4 differences; the nose bridge alone has two.
GF_glasses.jpg

I did research on Gus' glasses around the same time I was last posting about Walt safety glasses look-alikes. The model is called Numont in ful-vue style. Originally made by American Optical but Bausch&Lomb is also licensed to make them. I never came across Melior brand glasses. Similar enough but it also lacks a textured design that is found on the arms of AO/B&L and Gus' glasses, as well as the curved arm tips. You can see that texture sometimes and see the arms better on "Salud," before he vomits the poison.

Giancarlo Esposito was asked about them in an interview. He said they were from his personal collection, custom made in Ontario. I doubt they were custom made with the exception of the bridge. The bridge on his is different than the typical bridge found on AO/B&L. His are curved whereas the others have a tiny upward point. The ornate design in the center is also different. Something I never found in any of the ones I looked at.

If anyone wants to settle for an American Optical/B&L Numont, they sometimes go for very cheap in the 20-30 dollar range on both ebay and etsy. Just make sure they have semi-octagonal lenses and a 12k gold frame since a brass frame is also available.

One last thing. Since I mentioned Walt and safety glasses, his glasses do seem to have a potential make/model number but I cannot make it out as I unfortunately don't own the series on blu-ray. If anyone wants to have a look, it's in Season 2, episode 3.

Last edited:
That's not the correct model. Overall there are 4 differences; the nose bridge alone has two.
View attachment 746732

I did research on Gus' glasses around the same time I was last posting about Walt safety glasses look-alikes. The model is called Numont in ful-vue style. Originally made by American Optical but Bausch&Lomb is also licensed to make them. I never came across Melior brand glasses. Similar enough but it also lacks a textured design that is found on the arms of AO/B&L and Gus' glasses, as well as the curved arm tips. You can see that texture sometimes and see the arms better on "Salud," before he vomits the poison.

Giancarlo Esposito was asked about them in an interview. He said they were from his personal collection, custom made in Ontario. I doubt they were custom made with the exception of the bridge. The bridge on his is different than the typical bridge found on AO/B&L. His are curved whereas the others have a tiny upward point. The ornate design in the center is also different. Something I never found in any of the ones I looked at.

If anyone wants to settle for an American Optical/B&L Numont, they sometimes go for very cheap in the 20-30 dollar range on both ebay and etsy. Just make sure they have semi-octagonal lenses and a 12k gold frame since a brass frame is also available.

One last thing. Since I mentioned Walt and safety glasses, his glasses do seem to have a potential make/model number but I cannot make it out as I unfortunately don't own the series on blu-ray. If anyone wants to have a look, it's in Season 2, episode 3.

You're absolutely right, my apologies. The link I posted is not the accurate glasses.

I own the series on Blu-Ray, what time stamp should I take screenshots of from Season 2 Episode 3?

EDIT: Just found the moment you were most likely referencing. Unfortunately, even on Blu-Ray, it's not clear enough to be decipherable:

Screen Shot 2017-07-26 at 4.40.59 AM.png

Last edited:
Seeing this thread bumped up again reminded me to show how my Breaking Bad display is looking nowadays. A huge thanks to SquidMan and his great work on some of the recent additions to my display. The printable items are fantastic and really fleshed out my BB display.

I’m still looking for the correct size ***** Malverde bust and a better pink Teddy, but otherwise I’m pretty happy with it! - Does anybody know if a run ever went ahead for the more accurate bear? or anybody have any contact info for somebody who might be able to help me with a different version of one of these?

Anyway, here’s mine all crammed in to a Detolf shelf! (Walt Whitman’s Leaves of Grass is hiding behind the bust and Los Pollos Hermanos bag too)

BB1.JPG

Also these that aren’t inside the case with the rest:

BB 3.JPGBB2.JPG bb-meth.jpg

Last edited:
I’m still looking for the correct size ***** Malverde bust and a better pink Teddy, but otherwise I’m pretty happy with it! - Does anybody know if a run ever went ahead for the more accurate bear? or anybody have any contact info for somebody who might be able to help me with a different version of one of these?

Great looking collection, Guardian Devil!

Unfortunately I've been unable to contact Great1 -- the RPF user who was in charge of creating the run of accurate bears (the same person Hecubus114 got his bear from) -- at all for the past few months through private message nor personal email. Last I heard from him was in December 2016, when he was trying to get the run of accurate eyeballs ready before ordering the run of bears (the eyes were being made separately and then were to be attached later). Despite my repeated emails and messages since then, I haven't been able to get a hold of him. Hopefully all is well and the run will still move forward, but who knows.

Thanks guys! - lots of items hiding in there still. I think I need to clear off the shelf below and spread it out a bit more!

Awsome collection, Where did u get tucos boxing gloves from?

My wife found those on eBay a while back, probably my favourite thing in there, along with the 'Turntable' sunglasses.

- Also I've got one of those Don Eladio rosary's (that Squidman posted above) on the way to me, so I'll post here to let you guys know what it's like.

You're absolutely right, my apologies. The link I posted is not the accurate glasses.

I own the series on Blu-Ray, what time stamp should I take screenshots of from Season 2 Episode 3?

EDIT: Just found the moment you were most likely referencing. Unfortunately, even on Blu-Ray, it's not clear enough to be decipherable:

Yeah. That's the part I was referencing. It's a shame you were unable to make anything out but thanks for looking!

Not sure if anybody else has received one yet, but my Don Eladio rosary from eBay just arrived. As SquidMan mentioned above it's not perfect, but it's nice to have a more cost effective version of this.
It's good quality and has a nice weight to it. My only complaint would be that it's pretty oversized. Which is a shame, but not a deal breaker at this price.
It feels a lot more like the Eye of Agamotto from Dr. Strange than a rosary.

IMG_5925.JPG

Just got the Don Eladio necklace from the ebay seller, and I agree, it's a tad too big. I'd say maybe 2/3 the size it is and it'd be perfect. Also, the eye is a little too symmetrical/perfect. That all being said, for the price, this can't be beat.

I recreated this:

Jane's Cigarette, as seen in Fly (S3E10) and Abiquiú (S3E11)

Mine:

E7dAA5k.jpg

Screenshot from the episode:

qNwRTvb.jpg

Here is what one of the production props looked like (not the screen-used one, pic taken from a Screenbid auction):

DkvdiOZ.jpg

This Screenbid photo revealed what brand of cigarettes was used -- they were Ecstacy Herbal Cigarettes (Whites). These types of cigarettes contain no tobacco and are used by actors so that they don't need to actually smoke real cigarettes for a scene.

I ordered a pack from the Ecstacy website but unfortunately they've changed their design since the ones used in Breaking Bad. They now have orange filters and the logo looks different. So, I decided to make a printable replica of the outside of the cigarette, including the lipstick mark, and wrapped and glued it around a real cigarette. I cut and glued a very thin line of gold origami paper to recreate the gold stripe on the screen-used cigarette, lit the end to make it look "used," and put some Krazy Glue on the exposed end to keep the ash and tobacco from falling out over time.

If anyone would like the printable design that you can wrap around any cigarette, please send me a PM with your email address, and I'll gladly share it with you.

I just registered every reading every page in this incredible thread. I actually found this site last month after buying a licensed Tomenosuke Blade Runner Blaster, and was pretty excited when I saw a thread dedicated to my favorite show.

Since Breaking Bad ended, I've always been interested in props revolving around Vamonos Pest and A1A Car Wash, and strangely I don't think I've seen any in this thread. My grail props would be a Zafiro bottle/stopper, and an Eladio rosary. I got the China-made Eladio rosary, because the Brevard is kinda pricey. I'm looking forward to my next re-watch with this thread in mind, so I post anything I'm interested in.

Hello guys, I'm following this post since it first started. I've been interested with all the props (I personally own Walt's shoes, jacket and black rimmed eyeglasses). The thing I've been most obsessed with are Walt's original eyeglasses. The metal, safety frame (brown? Silver??) Who knows!

Like many of you I spent a lot of time looking for it. I've even sent an email to the prop master, which told me it was a Sears' frame. Second try (still not lucky) I asked "Magnificent Basterds" a blog where they easily identify frames, but they only gave me a "palliative" , saying B.M.E.C. "Big Sam" are the closest.

My researches were so accurate, but I couldn't find the brand; today I have no idea where to find 'em or where to look.

HILCO
AMERICAN OPTICAL
SEARS
RX SAFETY
ON GUARD
ART CRAFT

All those? Nothing at all.
Nothing on ebay, nothing on Google, no 2007/2008 Sears' catalogues. One of the last thing that I did (the last shore) was looking at timestamps. I watched the serie all over again and marked every minute where I could've seen through the lens inside the arms. Well, I guess there's no need to tell you how it ended.
I want to find out more, but I only see walls.

Meanwhile, if someone want to buy my Republica MONTREAL black, they are out for selling and since it's impossible to find the black color, the price would be 250 bucks.

Let me know.
Bye ;)
b8b8dc650632e0a7de4dddf416ed5a38.jpg
fc8f10e197aa2a642e57466ce6c4132c.jpg
84e86560dc2d6c5efcc9c11b20e92247.jpg
821697f6a854531b2adb2bb1cef90314.jpg

Inviato dal mio BBB100-2 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hello guys, I'm following this post since it first started. I've been interested with all the props (I personally own Walt's shoes, jacket and black rimmed eyeglasses). The thing I've been most obsessed with are Walt's original eyeglasses. The metal, safety frame (brown? Silver??) Who knows!
Hello, Carlo. I once obsessed researching Walt's wire frame safety glasses. I suppose now's the time for me to put the last bit of information I have on them.

I believe one member (was it you?) mentioned a patent a long time ago, said that he was told by someone in the eyewear industry that the model of Walt's glasses is unavailable over a possible infringement of a patent. It seemed odd but Walt's glasses are definitely made by Hilco as evidenced by this photo of Hilco's removable side shield patent.
US06715873-20040406-D00003 -scaled.png
I suspect that Walt's glasses were A2 brand glasses. Hilco is actually a giant company that manufactures optometry equipment and replacement parts for other glasses brands. Before Hilco purchased On Guard Safety Eyewear (which was a Canadian company) in 2007, they just had their A2 brand of safety glasses. Since their purchase of On Guard, Hilco merged A2 and On Guard together into the SG and OG lines. They kind of overlap with each other.

An interesting thing is that Hilco's removable side shield patent shown above was filed and approved in 2007, in the US and South Korea. Breaking Bad season 1 should've been in post production then. I was able to look at a Hilco glasses catalog from 2009 (the oldest catalog I found) and found nothing in it that looks like Walt's glasses. It's interesting because Hilco is still including some models from the early 90s in their most recent catalogs. I suspect that Walt's glasses are an ANSI Z87.1 pair from the early 2000s. And the worst case scenario I suspect is that they're prototype glasses, which makes the pair worn by Brian Cranston, and the gray pair that was on ebay, the only two in existence. :[

It sucks that google didn't start archiving images prior to 2008. In those years prior, there wasn't much internet activity regarding safety glasses. I couldn't even find what the On Guard Safety website is, or if one even existed!

There is a Hilco glasses model which has a lens shape that looks the most like Walt's. The SG301.
onguard_a-2_sg301_prescription_safety_glasses_metal_frame_og-sg301.jpg
other angles of this pair can be found online
When I look at them, Walt's glasses look rather small. The sg 301 comes in 53 - 17 - 140/145. It's small enough because everything else that looks similar is in a much bigger size. And stock photos do NOT do the lens shape justice. It also has non spring hinges and the updated removable side shield nook. All of Hilco's older safety glasses have non spring hinges. Last thing I suspect about Walt's glasses is that they were made in Korea since his glasses do look older. And all the older glasses from On Guard and Hilco were made in Korea. So were the older glasses from Art Craft and Wolverine (the two brands which have models that look most similar to Walt's.).

Anyway, I'm not sure that is helpful. I gave up on looking for them. I still have that question I asked a while back. The grey glasses that showed up on ebay. Accurate in shape and detail. Could those glasses be the ones in this scene? It'd have to be the only scene they ever show up in.
S02E04.png

Last edited:
Hello, Carlo. I once obsessed researching Walt's wire frame safety glasses. I suppose now's the time for me to put the last bit of information I have on them.

I believe one member (was it you?) mentioned a patent a long time ago, said that he was told by someone in the eyewear industry that the model of Walt's glasses is unavailable over a possible infringement of a patent. It seemed odd but Walt's glasses are definitely made by Hilco as evidenced by this photo of Hilco's removable side shield patent.

I suspect that Walt's glasses were A2 brand glasses. Hilco is actually a giant company that manufactures optometry equipment and replacement parts for other glasses brands. Before Hilco purchased On Guard Safety Eyewear (which was a Canadian company) in 2007, they just had their A2 brand of safety glasses. Since their purchase of On Guard, Hilco merged A2 and On Guard together into the SG and OG lines. They kind of overlap with each other.

An interesting thing is that Hilco's removable side shield patent shown above was filed and approved in 2007, in the US and South Korea. Breaking Bad season 1 should've been in post production then. I was able to look at a Hilco glasses catalog from 2009 (the oldest catalog I found) and found nothing in it that looks like Walt's glasses. It's interesting because Hilco is still including some models from the early 90s in their most recent catalogs. I suspect that Walt's glasses are an ANSI Z87.1 pair from the early 2000s. And the worst case scenario I suspect is that they're prototype glasses, which makes the pair worn by Brian Cranston, and the gray pair that was on ebay, the only two in existence. :[

It sucks that google didn't start archiving images prior to 2008. In those years prior, there wasn't much internet activity regarding safety glasses. I couldn't even find what the On Guard Safety website is, or if one even existed!

There is a Hilco glasses model which has a lens shape that looks the most like Walt's. The SG301.
View attachment 776609
other angles of this pair can be found online
When I look at them, Walt's glasses look rather small. The sg 301 comes in 53 - 17 - 140/145. It's small enough because everything else that looks similar is in a much bigger size. And stock photos do NOT do the lens shape justice. It also has non spring hinges and the updated removable side shield nook. All of Hilco's older safety glasses have non spring hinges. Last thing I suspect about Walt's glasses is that they were made in Korea since his glasses do look older. And all the older glasses from On Guard and Hilco were made in Korea. So were the older glasses from Art Craft and Wolverine (the two brands which have models that look most similar to Walt's.).

Anyway, I'm not sure that is helpful. I gave up on looking for them. I still have that question I asked a while back. The grey glasses that showed up on ebay. Accurate in shape and detail. Could those glasses be the ones in this scene? It'd have to be the only scene they ever show up in.

View attachment 776625
I can't actually see the pictures you linked but I do have purchased (lucky you) an SG301 a while back. Unfortunately mine have spring hinges, so they don't actually look like Walt's.
There's something wrong with Hilco glasses, though, in a frame from S2 I saw that inside the temples there's a white inscription. A2 or Hilco uses incision, but no white print.
The color is identical, though and the lens shape looks good. Here are some pics.

As you can see (despite the flash) frame looks grey but when I activate the flash light it goes brown (bronze). Also, the inscription looks white with the flash, without it it's almost invisible. But as you can see there's the famous hook for side Shields. Now, I don't want to become mad looking after them, but I'd be happy as a kid with his first ice cream to find them.
5711b9781cd3525c77e9c9e4dac3d2a7.jpg
fa6c610426dde3523afa55a005d682a8.jpg
6b360d455148547d20c9adb28ca01dbe.jpg
628db918f87f3d78b6ce3f10a1a9c1dd.jpg
217bbf292ea17aab7880f51f358740a4.jpg

I can't actually see the pictures you linked but I do have purchased (lucky you) an SG301 a while back. Unfortunately mine have spring hinges, so they don't actually look like Walt's.
There's something wrong with Hilco glasses, though, in a frame from S2 I saw that inside the temples there's a white inscription. A2 or Hilco uses incision, but no white print.
The color is identical, though and the lens shape looks good. Here are some pics.

As you can see (despite the flash) frame looks grey but when I activate the flash light it goes brown (bronze). Also, the inscription looks white with the flash, without it it's almost invisible. But as you can see there's the famous hook for side Shields. Now, I don't want to become mad looking after them, but I'd be happy as a kid with his first ice cream to find them.
I don't know why the images broke. I reuploaded them again; hoping they don't break again.

What I meant about the SG301 is that they seem to have the correct shape of lenses. And now that you've posted the best photos I've seen of the sg301, I swear even SquidMan will agree that they have the right shape. It has a brow bar, spring hinges, and the bridge is different, but I think the correct lens shape is also important.

The sg301 glasses have spring hinges because they're more modern; made after 2007. All the glasses models made after 2007 also have the updated side shield hooks like the sg301 has. Anyway, the color is indeed identical. I also noticed it can look a bit grey by looking at some Breaking Bad promotional photos.

SquidMan took this screen shot from season 2, episode 3. It shows that Walt's glasses have a visible white inscription.
attachment.php

While it's true that Hilco's glasses have the model number engraved and barely visible (and is bright white under a flash), in 2006 Hilco had an additional line of glasses they called "Frameworks." These have visible white text on them.
Frameworks_420antiquebrown.jpg
It's just yet another thing Hilco did differently before 2007. Or maybe they all are engraved, both modern and old, and appears white due to the lighting.

Did you ever consider contacting Hilco directly and ask for information about what Walt's model may be? Because it clearly is a pair made by them. Also, did you buy your sg301 online?

I don't know why the images broke. I reuploaded them again; hoping they don't break again.

What I meant about the SG301 is that they seem to have the correct shape of lenses. And now that you've posted the best photos I've seen of the sg301, I swear even SquidMan will agree that they have the right shape. It has a brow bar, spring hinges, and the bridge is different, but I think the correct lens shape is also important.

The sg301 glasses have spring hinges because they're more modern; made after 2007. All the glasses models made after 2007 also have the updated side shield hooks like the sg301 has. Anyway, the color is indeed identical. I also noticed it can look a bit grey by looking at some Breaking Bad promotional photos.

SquidMan took this screen shot from season 2, episode 3. It shows that Walt's glasses have a visible white inscription.
https://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=746758&d=1501058527

While it's true that Hilco's glasses have the model number engraved and barely visible (and is bright white under a flash), in 2006 Hilco had an additional line of glasses they called "Frameworks." These have visible white text on them.
It's just yet another thing Hilco did differently before 2007. Or maybe they all are engraved, both modern and old, and appears white due to the lighting.

Did you ever consider contacting Hilco directly and ask for information about what Walt's model may be? Because it clearly is a pair made by them. Also, did you buy your sg301 online?
I must say you're 100 % right about the shape. I don't actually remember contacting Hilco, but I'll give it a try. Now that I've seen the framework collection, let's say I'm 9/10 sure that they were made by Hilco. I could try to remove the upper bar from Hilco's SG301 and see if they actually are the closest.
What I'm mad about is the fact that the original model was scratched, such a bummer.

Wow, yeah. I just compared your large images of the SG301 to a high resolution image of Walt wearing his glasses and the lens shape is pretty much exact, definitely the best I've seen. The nose pads are exact as well. I think it's safe to say that Hilco did indeed make the glasses. It's too bad the SG301 have an upper bar and an inaccurate bridge.

I guess contacting Hilco directly would be the best course of action? I'm glad we at least pretty much definitively know now that it's Hilco!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back