Subscribe
  1. Guardian Devil's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2005
    From
    United Kingdom
    Messages
    1,156
    Aug 1, 2017, 6:11 AM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1551

    Not sure if anybody else has received one yet, but my Don Eladio rosary from eBay just arrived. As SquidMan mentioned above it's not perfect, but it's nice to have a more cost effective version of this.
    It's good quality and has a nice weight to it. My only complaint would be that it's pretty oversized. Which is a shame, but not a deal breaker at this price.
    It feels a lot more like the Eye of Agamotto from Dr. Strange than a rosary.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5925.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	378.7 KB 
ID:	748253
  2. RPF Premium Member Hecubus114's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    From
    Phx, AZ
    Messages
    1,983
    Aug 4, 2017, 8:40 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1552

    Just got the Don Eladio necklace from the ebay seller, and I agree, it's a tad too big. I'd say maybe 2/3 the size it is and it'd be perfect. Also, the eye is a little too symmetrical/perfect. That all being said, for the price, this can't be beat.
  3. SquidMan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2012
    Messages
    228
    Oct 7, 2017, 7:20 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1553

    I recreated this:

    Jane's Cigarette, as seen in Fly (S3E10) and Abiquiú (S3E11)

    Mine:




    Screenshot from the episode:



    Here is what one of the production props looked like (not the screen-used one, pic taken from a Screenbid auction):



    This Screenbid photo revealed what brand of cigarettes was used -- they were Ecstacy Herbal Cigarettes (Whites). These types of cigarettes contain no tobacco and are used by actors so that they don't need to actually smoke real cigarettes for a scene.

    I ordered a pack from the Ecstacy website but unfortunately they've changed their design since the ones used in Breaking Bad. They now have orange filters and the logo looks different. So, I decided to make a printable replica of the outside of the cigarette, including the lipstick mark, and wrapped and glued it around a real cigarette. I cut and glued a very thin line of gold origami paper to recreate the gold stripe on the screen-used cigarette, lit the end to make it look "used," and put some Krazy Glue on the exposed end to keep the ash and tobacco from falling out over time.

    If anyone would like the printable design that you can wrap around any cigarette, please send me a PM with your email address, and I'll gladly share it with you.
  4. Member Since
    Oct 2017
    Messages
    11
    Oct 10, 2017, 1:41 AM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1554

    I just registered every reading every page in this incredible thread. I actually found this site last month after buying a licensed Tomenosuke Blade Runner Blaster, and was pretty excited when I saw a thread dedicated to my favorite show.

    Since Breaking Bad ended, I've always been interested in props revolving around Vamonos Pest and A1A Car Wash, and strangely I don't think I've seen any in this thread. My grail props would be a Zafiro bottle/stopper, and an Eladio rosary. I got the China-made Eladio rosary, because the Brevard is kinda pricey. I'm looking forward to my next re-watch with this thread in mind, so I post anything I'm interested in.
  5. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Messages
    24
    Nov 28, 2017, 6:04 AM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1555

    Hello guys, I'm following this post since it first started. I've been interested with all the props (I personally own Walt's shoes, jacket and black rimmed eyeglasses). The thing I've been most obsessed with are Walt's original eyeglasses. The metal, safety frame (brown? Silver??) Who knows!

    Like many of you I spent a lot of time looking for it. I've even sent an email to the prop master, which told me it was a Sears' frame. Second try (still not lucky) I asked "Magnificent Basterds" a blog where they easily identify frames, but they only gave me a "palliative" , saying B.M.E.C. "Big Sam" are the closest.

    My researches were so accurate, but I couldn't find the brand; today I have no idea where to find 'em or where to look.

    HILCO
    AMERICAN OPTICAL
    SEARS
    RX SAFETY
    ON GUARD
    ART CRAFT

    All those? Nothing at all.
    Nothing on ebay, nothing on Google, no 2007/2008 Sears' catalogues. One of the last thing that I did (the last shore) was looking at timestamps. I watched the serie all over again and marked every minute where I could've seen through the lens inside the arms. Well, I guess there's no need to tell you how it ended.
    I want to find out more, but I only see walls.

    Meanwhile, if someone want to buy my Republica MONTREAL black, they are out for selling and since it's impossible to find the black color, the price would be 250 bucks.

    Let me know.
    Bye

    Inviato dal mio BBB100-2 utilizzando Tapatalk
  6. J EM's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    From
    Eregion
    Messages
    338
    Nov 28, 2017, 8:16 AM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1556

    Carlo Lubatti said: View Post
    Hello guys, I'm following this post since it first started. I've been interested with all the props (I personally own Walt's shoes, jacket and black rimmed eyeglasses). The thing I've been most obsessed with are Walt's original eyeglasses. The metal, safety frame (brown? Silver??) Who knows!
    Hello, Carlo. I once obsessed researching Walt's wire frame safety glasses. I suppose now's the time for me to put the last bit of information I have on them.

    I believe one member (was it you?) mentioned a patent a long time ago, said that he was told by someone in the eyewear industry that the model of Walt's glasses is unavailable over a possible infringement of a patent. It seemed odd but Walt's glasses are definitely made by Hilco as evidenced by this photo of Hilco's removable side shield patent.

    I suspect that Walt's glasses were A2 brand glasses. Hilco is actually a giant company that manufactures optometry equipment and replacement parts for other glasses brands. Before Hilco purchased On Guard Safety Eyewear (which was a Canadian company) in 2007, they just had their A2 brand of safety glasses. Since their purchase of On Guard, Hilco merged A2 and On Guard together into the SG and OG lines. They kind of overlap with each other.

    An interesting thing is that Hilco's removable side shield patent shown above was filed and approved in 2007, in the US and South Korea. Breaking Bad season 1 should've been in post production then. I was able to look at a Hilco glasses catalog from 2009 (the oldest catalog I found) and found nothing in it that looks like Walt's glasses. It's interesting because Hilco is still including some models from the early 90s in their most recent catalogs. I suspect that Walt's glasses are an ANSI Z87.1 pair from the early 2000s. And the worst case scenario I suspect is that they're prototype glasses, which makes the pair worn by Brian Cranston, and the gray pair that was on ebay, the only two in existence. :[

    It sucks that google didn't start archiving images prior to 2008. In those years prior, there wasn't much internet activity regarding safety glasses. I couldn't even find what the On Guard Safety website is, or if one even existed!


    There is a Hilco glasses model which has a lens shape that looks the most like Walt's. The SG301.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	onguard_a-2_sg301_prescription_safety_glasses_metal_frame_og-sg301.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	776652
    other angles of this pair can be found online

    When I look at them, Walt's glasses look rather small. The sg 301 comes in 53 - 17 - 140/145. It's small enough because everything else that looks similar is in a much bigger size. And stock photos do NOT do the lens shape justice. It also has non spring hinges and the updated removable side shield nook. All of Hilco's older safety glasses have non spring hinges. Last thing I suspect about Walt's glasses is that they were made in Korea since his glasses do look older. And all the older glasses from On Guard and Hilco were made in Korea. So were the older glasses from Art Craft and Wolverine (the two brands which have models that look most similar to Walt's.).


    Anyway, I'm not sure that is helpful. I gave up on looking for them. I still have that question I asked a while back. The grey glasses that showed up on ebay. Accurate in shape and detail. Could those glasses be the ones in this scene? It'd have to be the only scene they ever show up in.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S02E04.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	317.7 KB 
ID:	776653
    Last edited by J EM; Nov 28, 2017 at 10:27 AM.
  7. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Messages
    24
    Nov 28, 2017, 8:36 AM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1557

    J EM said: View Post
    Hello, Carlo. I once obsessed researching Walt's wire frame safety glasses. I suppose now's the time for me to put the last bit of information I have on them.

    I believe one member (was it you?) mentioned a patent a long time ago, said that he was told by someone in the eyewear industry that the model of Walt's glasses is unavailable over a possible infringement of a patent. It seemed odd but Walt's glasses are definitely made by Hilco as evidenced by this photo of Hilco's removable side shield patent.


    I suspect that Walt's glasses were A2 brand glasses. Hilco is actually a giant company that manufactures optometry equipment and replacement parts for other glasses brands. Before Hilco purchased On Guard Safety Eyewear (which was a Canadian company) in 2007, they just had their A2 brand of safety glasses. Since their purchase of On Guard, Hilco merged A2 and On Guard together into the SG and OG lines. They kind of overlap with each other.

    An interesting thing is that Hilco's removable side shield patent shown above was filed and approved in 2007, in the US and South Korea. Breaking Bad season 1 should've been in post production then. I was able to look at a Hilco glasses catalog from 2009 (the oldest catalog I found) and found nothing in it that looks like Walt's glasses. It's interesting because Hilco is still including some models from the early 90s in their most recent catalogs. I suspect that Walt's glasses are an ANSI Z87.1 pair from the early 2000s. And the worst case scenario I suspect is that they're prototype glasses, which makes the pair worn by Brian Cranston, and the gray pair that was on ebay, the only two in existence. :[

    It sucks that google didn't start archiving images prior to 2008. In those years prior, there wasn't much internet activity regarding safety glasses. I couldn't even find what the On Guard Safety website is, or if one even existed!


    There is a Hilco glasses model which has a lens shape that looks the most like Walt's. The SG301.
    Attachment 776609
    other angles of this pair can be found online

    When I look at them, Walt's glasses look rather small. The sg 301 comes in 53 - 17 - 140/145. It's small enough because everything else that looks similar is in a much bigger size. And stock photos do NOT do the lens shape justice. It also has non spring hinges and the updated removable side shield nook. All of Hilco's older safety glasses have non spring hinges. Last thing I suspect about Walt's glasses is that they were made in Korea since his glasses do look older. And all the older glasses from On Guard and Hilco were made in Korea. So were the older glasses from Art Craft and Wolverine (the two brands which have models that look most similar to Walt's.).


    Anyway, I'm not sure that is helpful. I gave up on looking for them. I still have that question I asked a while back. The grey glasses that showed up on ebay. Accurate in shape and detail. Could those glasses be the ones in this scene? It'd have to be the only scene they ever show up in.

    Attachment 776625
    I can't actually see the pictures you linked but I do have purchased (lucky you) an SG301 a while back. Unfortunately mine have spring hinges, so they don't actually look like Walt's.
    There's something wrong with Hilco glasses, though, in a frame from S2 I saw that inside the temples there's a white inscription. A2 or Hilco uses incision, but no white print.
    The color is identical, though and the lens shape looks good. Here are some pics.

    As you can see (despite the flash) frame looks grey but when I activate the flash light it goes brown (bronze). Also, the inscription looks white with the flash, without it it's almost invisible. But as you can see there's the famous hook for side Shields. Now, I don't want to become mad looking after them, but I'd be happy as a kid with his first ice cream to find them.

    Inviato dal mio BBB100-2 utilizzando Tapatalk
  8. J EM's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    From
    Eregion
    Messages
    338
    Nov 28, 2017, 11:06 AM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1558

    Carlo Lubatti said: View Post
    I can't actually see the pictures you linked but I do have purchased (lucky you) an SG301 a while back. Unfortunately mine have spring hinges, so they don't actually look like Walt's.
    There's something wrong with Hilco glasses, though, in a frame from S2 I saw that inside the temples there's a white inscription. A2 or Hilco uses incision, but no white print.
    The color is identical, though and the lens shape looks good. Here are some pics.

    As you can see (despite the flash) frame looks grey but when I activate the flash light it goes brown (bronze). Also, the inscription looks white with the flash, without it it's almost invisible. But as you can see there's the famous hook for side Shields. Now, I don't want to become mad looking after them, but I'd be happy as a kid with his first ice cream to find them.
    I don't know why the images broke. I reuploaded them again; hoping they don't break again.

    What I meant about the SG301 is that they seem to have the correct shape of lenses. And now that you've posted the best photos I've seen of the sg301, I swear even SquidMan will agree that they have the right shape. It has a brow bar, spring hinges, and the bridge is different, but I think the correct lens shape is also important.

    The sg301 glasses have spring hinges because they're more modern; made after 2007. All the glasses models made after 2007 also have the updated side shield hooks like the sg301 has. Anyway, the color is indeed identical. I also noticed it can look a bit grey by looking at some Breaking Bad promotional photos.


    SquidMan took this screen shot from season 2, episode 3. It shows that Walt's glasses have a visible white inscription.


    While it's true that Hilco's glasses have the model number engraved and barely visible (and is bright white under a flash), in 2006 Hilco had an additional line of glasses they called "Frameworks." These have visible white text on them.

    It's just yet another thing Hilco did differently before 2007. Or maybe they all are engraved, both modern and old, and appears white due to the lighting.


    Did you ever consider contacting Hilco directly and ask for information about what Walt's model may be? Because it clearly is a pair made by them. Also, did you buy your sg301 online?
  9. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Messages
    24
    Nov 28, 2017, 12:30 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1559

    J EM said: View Post
    I don't know why the images broke. I reuploaded them again; hoping they don't break again.

    What I meant about the SG301 is that they seem to have the correct shape of lenses. And now that you've posted the best photos I've seen of the sg301, I swear even SquidMan will agree that they have the right shape. It has a brow bar, spring hinges, and the bridge is different, but I think the correct lens shape is also important.

    The sg301 glasses have spring hinges because they're more modern; made after 2007. All the glasses models made after 2007 also have the updated side shield hooks like the sg301 has. Anyway, the color is indeed identical. I also noticed it can look a bit grey by looking at some Breaking Bad promotional photos.


    SquidMan took this screen shot from season 2, episode 3. It shows that Walt's glasses have a visible white inscription.
    https://www.therpf.com/attachment.ph...8&d=1501058527

    While it's true that Hilco's glasses have the model number engraved and barely visible (and is bright white under a flash), in 2006 Hilco had an additional line of glasses they called "Frameworks." These have visible white text on them.

    It's just yet another thing Hilco did differently before 2007. Or maybe they all are engraved, both modern and old, and appears white due to the lighting.


    Did you ever consider contacting Hilco directly and ask for information about what Walt's model may be? Because it clearly is a pair made by them. Also, did you buy your sg301 online?
    I must say you're 100 % right about the shape. I don't actually remember contacting Hilco, but I'll give it a try. Now that I've seen the framework collection, let's say I'm 9/10 sure that they were made by Hilco. I could try to remove the upper bar from Hilco's SG301 and see if they actually are the closest.
    What I'm mad about is the fact that the original model was scratched, such a bummer.


    Inviato dal mio BBB100-2 utilizzando Tapatalk
  10. SquidMan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2012
    Messages
    228
    Nov 28, 2017, 10:37 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1560

    Wow, yeah. I just compared your large images of the SG301 to a high resolution image of Walt wearing his glasses and the lens shape is pretty much exact, definitely the best I've seen. The nose pads are exact as well. I think it's safe to say that Hilco did indeed make the glasses. It's too bad the SG301 have an upper bar and an inaccurate bridge.

    I guess contacting Hilco directly would be the best course of action? I'm glad we at least pretty much definitively know now that it's Hilco!
  11. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Messages
    24
    Nov 29, 2017, 1:54 AM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1561

    SquidMan said: View Post
    Wow, yeah. I just compared your large images of the SG301 to a high resolution image of Walt wearing his glasses and the lens shape is pretty much exact, definitely the best I've seen. The nose pads are exact as well. I think it's safe to say that Hilco did indeed make the glasses. It's too bad the SG301 have an upper bar and an inaccurate bridge.

    I guess contacting Hilco directly would be the best course of action? I'm glad we at least pretty much definitively know now that it's Hilco!
    Unfortunately there's no email available on the Web for Hilco, they have telephone numbers, or you can contact them directly from the website. That's what I did, hoping to receive a more accurate contact information because I couldn't send them the pictures of Walt's frame.

    Inviato dal mio BBB100-2 utilizzando Tapatalk
  12. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Messages
    24
    Nov 29, 2017, 10:31 AM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1562

    J EM said: View Post
    I don't know why the images broke. I reuploaded them again; hoping they don't break again.

    What I meant about the SG301 is that they seem to have the correct shape of lenses. And now that you've posted the best photos I've seen of the sg301, I swear even SquidMan will agree that they have the right shape. It has a brow bar, spring hinges, and the bridge is different, but I think the correct lens shape is also important.

    The sg301 glasses have spring hinges because they're more modern; made after 2007. All the glasses models made after 2007 also have the updated side shield hooks like the sg301 has. Anyway, the color is indeed identical. I also noticed it can look a bit grey by looking at some Breaking Bad promotional photos.


    SquidMan took this screen shot from season 2, episode 3. It shows that Walt's glasses have a visible white inscription.
    https://www.therpf.com/attachment.ph...8&d=1501058527

    While it's true that Hilco's glasses have the model number engraved and barely visible (and is bright white under a flash), in 2006 Hilco had an additional line of glasses they called "Frameworks." These have visible white text on them.

    It's just yet another thing Hilco did differently before 2007. Or maybe they all are engraved, both modern and old, and appears white due to the lighting.


    Did you ever consider contacting Hilco directly and ask for information about what Walt's model may be? Because it clearly is a pair made by them. Also, did you buy your sg301 online?
    I just realised I didn't completely answer to your question. Yes, I bought them online from coolframes. May I ask you (or squidman) for a favour? I can't make international calls since I'm in Italy right now and my sim card doesn't support international calls. Can you call Hilco and report the information they give you? Unfortunately there's no email address on their website.
    Thanks in advance.

    Inviato dal mio BBB100-2 utilizzando Tapatalk
  13. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Messages
    24
    Nov 29, 2017, 10:36 AM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1563

    SquidMan said: View Post
    Wow, yeah. I just compared your large images of the SG301 to a high resolution image of Walt wearing his glasses and the lens shape is pretty much exact, definitely the best I've seen. The nose pads are exact as well. I think it's safe to say that Hilco did indeed make the glasses. It's too bad the SG301 have an upper bar and an inaccurate bridge.

    I guess contacting Hilco directly would be the best course of action? I'm glad we at least pretty much definitively know now that it's Hilco!
    I did compared them too and it's pretty accurate. I'm looking forward to remove the upper bar from the frame. Too bad they are a little bit broken (nothing non-repairable, just some screws and a nose pad).
    I would be very grateful if you could call Hilco and ask them for infos about Walt's frame. I am in Italy and I can't make international calls.

    Inviato dal mio BBB100-2 utilizzando Tapatalk
  14. SquidMan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2012
    Messages
    228
    Nov 29, 2017, 7:28 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1564

    Carlo Lubatti said: View Post
    I did compared them too and it's pretty accurate. I'm looking forward to remove the upper bar from the frame. Too bad they are a little bit broken (nothing non-repairable, just some screws and a nose pad).
    I would be very grateful if you could call Hilco and ask them for infos about Walt's frame. I am in Italy and I can't make international calls.

    Inviato dal mio BBB100-2 utilizzando Tapatalk
    I would be happy to call them, but I'm not sure what I should ask? Without being able to show them images, I'm not sure what to ask from their customer service.
  15. J EM's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    From
    Eregion
    Messages
    338
    Nov 30, 2017, 12:21 AM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1565

    Carlo Lubatti said: View Post
    I just realised I didn't completely answer to your question. Yes, I bought them online from coolframes. May I ask you (or squidman) for a favour? I can't make international calls since I'm in Italy right now and my sim card doesn't support international calls. Can you call Hilco and report the information they give you? Unfortunately there's no email address on their website.
    Thanks in advance.
    coolframes, huh? Thanks. I'm considering buying them but did yours not come with demo lenses? I'm not sure if removing the brow bar is the best thing for you to do. The SG301 may have accurate lenses and be accurate in color, but even without the brow bar, the bridge is different.

    Also, in regards to calling Hilco, I think this may be better done through email contact as these kinds of requests usually can't be answered through a phone call. Through email, you have more time. You can show them photos and if they can't pin point the model then and there, maybe you could ask for a pdf of older frame catalogues. Of course, anything past 2009 can already be found online; it would definitely have to be something before 2008.

    I never bothered to contact Hilco because whenever I contact someone to inquire about a prop or costume, I never receive a response 99% of the time. I contacted the person who owns the grey pair for measurements at best, and it said it would but never got actually got back to me. So I just gave up on that method of obtaining information, but of course, Hilco may be different. They may come through.

    Anyway, things that make Walt's frame unique.

    - Non spring hinges.

    - Side shield nook that looks more in line to the nook shown on the figures of their EZ shield patent.
    it has been updated since to what it is now; no longer exact to the old model or what is shown on the patent.

    - A bronze color.
    at the moment, "matte bronze" looks most identical. (I rule it out of being the correct name for the frame color because Hilco has a tendency to give some of their frame colors very unique names)

    - classic square lens shape
    again, the sg301 seems to have the correct lens and frame dimensions. 53 - 17 - 140.

    - very plain, simple frame design
    no aviator style brow bar, no decorative design on the arms or anywhere on the frame, and a thin nose bridge.

    - possibly an old A2 model.
    one that was either updated to a modern model (which is no longer exact; likely to have been discontinued)

    Including some of these details in email/site contact may make things easier.

    EDITED: Ok. nvm. They have no publicly available contact info. I thought they only had a contact through site as opposed to a contact email, but they have to have an email. Well, I'll go have a look around.

    Still looking for an email, but in the meantime, they have a facebook page. facebook.com/hilcovision

    Also, Hilco Europe has a site contact fill out form.
    hilco.co.uk/hilcouk/contactus.aspx
    Last edited by J EM; Nov 30, 2017 at 1:01 AM.
  16. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Messages
    24
    Dec 2, 2017, 4:25 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1566

    J EM said: View Post
    coolframes, huh? Thanks. I'm considering buying them but did yours not come with demo lenses? I'm not sure if removing the brow bar is the best thing for you to do. The SG301 may have accurate lenses and be accurate in color, but even without the brow bar, the bridge is different.

    Also, in regards to calling Hilco, I think this may be better done through email contact as these kinds of requests usually can't be answered through a phone call. Through email, you have more time. You can show them photos and if they can't pin point the model then and there, maybe you could ask for a pdf of older frame catalogues. Of course, anything past 2009 can already be found online; it would definitely have to be something before 2008.

    I never bothered to contact Hilco because whenever I contact someone to inquire about a prop or costume, I never receive a response 99% of the time. I contacted the person who owns the grey pair for measurements at best, and it said it would but never got actually got back to me. So I just gave up on that method of obtaining information, but of course, Hilco may be different. They may come through.

    Anyway, things that make Walt's frame unique.

    - Non spring hinges.

    - Side shield nook that looks more in line to the nook shown on the figures of their EZ shield patent.
    it has been updated since to what it is now; no longer exact to the old model or what is shown on the patent.

    - A bronze color.
    at the moment, "matte bronze" looks most identical. (I rule it out of being the correct name for the frame color because Hilco has a tendency to give some of their frame colors very unique names)

    - classic square lens shape
    again, the sg301 seems to have the correct lens and frame dimensions. 53 - 17 - 140.

    - very plain, simple frame design
    no aviator style brow bar, no decorative design on the arms or anywhere on the frame, and a thin nose bridge.

    - possibly an old A2 model.
    one that was either updated to a modern model (which is no longer exact; likely to have been discontinued)

    Including some of these details in email/site contact may make things easier.

    EDITED: Ok. nvm. They have no publicly available contact info. I thought they only had a contact through site as opposed to a contact email, but they have to have an email. Well, I'll go have a look around.

    Still looking for an email, but in the meantime, they have a facebook page. facebook.com/hilcovision

    Also, Hilco Europe has a site contact fill out form.
    hilco.co.uk/hilcouk/contactus.aspx
    I really think they could be OnGuard, by Hilco. A lot of old models have the hinges just like Walt's. If you look for the titanium aviator model you'll see resembles with Walt's one.
    Now, I've removed the upper bar of the sg301. Unfortunately, I had to paint it silver because most of the bronze color was gone.
    Here the results:

    Inviato dal mio BBB100-2 utilizzando Tapatalk
  17. J EM's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    From
    Eregion
    Messages
    338
    Dec 2, 2017, 9:48 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1567

    Carlo Lubatti said: View Post
    I really think they could be OnGuard, by Hilco. A lot of old models have the hinges just like Walt's. If you look for the titanium aviator model you'll see resembles with Walt's one.
    Now, I've removed the upper bar of the sg301. Unfortunately, I had to paint it silver because most of the bronze color was gone.
    Prior to Hilco's acquisition of them, OnGuard used side shields that required a rivet through a small hole on the arm itself to secure the side shield. You can look at the OnGuard models before Hilco bought the company. They're S00XX. And they have non spring hinges because that was the standard hinge before spring hinge.

    I don't understand which titanium aviator model you mean since Hilco has a lot of aviators. I've looked at all the ones I could after some hours of googling and the sg301 is the one that has a lens shape that's pretty much to be confirmed to be exact to the shape of Walt's. It is also in the correct color. The OG 071, which is an aviator, looks like a good match, especially since the bridge is closer to Walt's, but I'm not convinced on the lens shape. It looks too rectangular. It comes with (and without) the updated side shield hook, however, the inside of the arm has ridges that further secure the side shield. A lot of OnGuard glasses now have this. Walt's didn't. Is the og 071 the one you're referring to?


    Anyway, it's too bad the color was lost, but it's probably the best substitute 'replica' for Walt's glasses.
  18. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Messages
    24
    Dec 3, 2017, 6:26 AM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1568

    J EM said: View Post
    Prior to Hilco's acquisition of them, OnGuard used side shields that required a rivet through a small hole on the arm itself to secure the side shield. You can look at the OnGuard models before Hilco bought the company. They're S00XX. And they have non spring hinges because that was the standard hinge before spring hinge.

    I don't understand which titanium aviator model you mean since Hilco has a lot of aviators. I've looked at all the ones I could after some hours of googling and the sg301 is the one that has a lens shape that's pretty much to be confirmed to be exact to the shape of Walt's. It is also in the correct color. The OG 071, which is an aviator, looks like a good match, especially since the bridge is closer to Walt's, but I'm not convinced on the lens shape. It looks too rectangular. It comes with (and without) the updated side shield hook, however, the inside of the arm has ridges that further secure the side shield. A lot of OnGuard glasses now have this. Walt's didn't. Is the og 071 the one you're referring to?


    Anyway, it's too bad the color was lost, but it's probably the best substitute 'replica' for Walt's glasses.
    Exactly. The OG071 looks very similar to me, but when we talk about shape SG301 are the best choice. There are a lot of pictures on the Web of various models. I guess it almost impossible to find it. The only way we could hope to find them is through ebay... who knows. Anyway here's the picture of an aviator model with same temples as Walt's frame.

    Inviato dal mio BBB100-2 utilizzando Tapatalk
  19. J EM's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2013
    From
    Eregion
    Messages
    338
    Dec 3, 2017, 3:26 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1569

    Carlo Lubatti said: View Post
    Exactly. The OG071 looks very similar to me, but when we talk about shape SG301 are the best choice. There are a lot of pictures on the Web of various models. I guess it almost impossible to find it. The only way we could hope to find them is through ebay... who knows. Anyway here's the picture of an aviator model with same temples as Walt's frame.
    It is impossible to find it because google/archive.org has nothing archived prior to 2008. I'm not sure if ebay will be of any help either. The only Hilco/OnGuard glasses I've seen pop up there are the models that are more modern. As for the OG 701, it is more inaccurate than the sg301, even the og 071. Here's an ebay auction for one. It has much better pictures of it.

    A lot of them look the same, but you have to look at them closer. The og701 has a more different bridge, two different arm thicknesses, a lens shape that looks more round, and the side shield hooks themselves are not accurate because they're the updated side shield hook. Look at high resolution of Walt's glasses where you can see the hook. You'll notice that it is different than the updated side shield hook all of Hilco's/OnGuard glasses have now. The hook on Walt's glasses matches the photo of Hilco's removable side shield patent which I posted on my first reply to you.

    This is why I suspect that Walt's is a much older A2 model, one that uses version 1 of the side shield hook. A2 glasses are also the ones that look the most plain, as plain as Walt's glasses. They don't have designs on the arms, the arms aren't two thicknesses, and at least one A2 model (the sg301) has the correct lens shape and color. I highly lean towards Walt's glasses being an A2 model.
  20. Member Since
    Jul 2015
    Messages
    9
    Jan 13, 2018, 11:40 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #1570

    JimBlasko said: View Post
    I have one screen worn hoodie of Jesse currently , the yellow and black one.

    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...22e2d47d3f.jpg

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
    Thanks Jim, would you mind telling me the mfg/name of this hoodie? I'd like to search for that one.

Similar Threads

  1. Breaking Bad props up for auction
    booksandcorsets, Production Made Costumes and Props
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 20, 2013, 6:15 PM
  2. Breaking Bad movie props?
    mglover92, Production Made Costumes and Props
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Sep 14, 2013, 11:17 PM
  3. Breaking Bad hero used props / costumes exhibit
    trenchcoatpanda, Production Made Costumes and Props
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Aug 25, 2013, 6:17 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 25, 2013, 10:14 AM