Breaking Bad Props

Saw this and thought it was interesting... But bifocals?!?

Yup! They were always bifocals in the show, it's just hard to see sometimes:

game-of-thrones-daenerys-targaryen-hbo-casting.jpg

I asked the seller about any manufacturing info printed on the glasses, this was his response:

"It is wore off. I would like to know also, but I can't make it out. I tried matching them on the internet, came close but know cigar. These are truly a Grail prop. I know for a fact that not another pair are out there, besides Bryan Cranston's pair, and mine come with the Sony COA."

Unfortunate. I was really hoping we'd get more information out of this.

Wow! You learn something new all the time!!!

The glasses are very clearly the right model, but something about the finish seems off as well to me. It almost looks like there is black that has been largely rubbed off of them.

Yup! They were always bifocals in the show, it's just hard to see sometimes:

http://media.melty.fr/article-2299974-fb/game-of-thrones-daenerys-targaryen-hbo-casting.jpg

I asked the seller about any manufacturing info printed on the glasses, this was his response:

"It is wore off. I would like to know also, but I can't make it out. I tried matching them on the internet, came close but know cigar. These are truly a Grail prop. I know for a fact that not another pair are out there, besides Bryan Cranston's pair, and mine come with the Sony COA."

Unfortunate. I was really hoping we'd get more information out of this.

Here's the item on eBay (bottom) compared to the only other photo of the screen-used glasses I've ever seen -- a photo Raven posted in page 33 of this thread of the hero glasses prop from someone at Sony. They're obviously the same item since they have the same markings.

DhwkxVP.jpg

In the top photo, you can see that the inner arm of the glasses looks like it's been intentionally scraped to remove any printed info. Hopefully the seller is wrong about this being the only pair besides Bryan Cranston's personal ones. I'm hoping that we'll get some answers from another screen-used pair turning up somewhere in the future. It's too bad that it's so difficult to find out anything about them.

Last edited:
There is a German company Supacraft selling Walter White busts $1400 on sideshow collectibles.

It says in it's description "Walter also wears real, foldable glasses with a metal frame based on the actual glasses he has worn in the course of the series."

Don't know if they are 100% accurate but they might be an option for some, along with a pretty cool bust.

There is an therpf article about it here:

http://pulse.therpf.com/sideshow-to-release-breaking-bad-walter-white-life-size-bust-by-supacraft#

Got some new items that are long overdue for this collection. Finally got a respirator mask with pink filters (I know many were used on the show, but IMO this is the "iconic" one for the show overall). Some flasks and a beaker to display alongside it also. Then I got my hands on a 2nd "sad clown" statue as seen in Ozymandius - this one has the correct red "tears" painted on it. And lastly I got one of the famous GPS trackers seen throughout the later seasons.

IMG_2998.JPG
IMG_3001.JPG
IMG_2999.JPG

Thanks! Oh, I suppose, if you twist my arm, I could post pics of how the whole collection currently looks :D Things are in a bit of disarray at the moment (because I ran out of case space! :p). But here it is anyhow!

Walt Items
IMG_3003.JPG

Saul Items
IMG_3004.JPG

Random Items (this shelf needs work)
IMG_3005.JPG

Jesse Items
IMG_3006.JPG

More Walt Items
IMG_3007.JPG

I call this shelf "Walt's Arsenal" LOL
IMG_3009.JPG

Misc Breaking Bad Merch
IMG_3010.JPG

The Pollos Hermanos/Cartel Collection
IMG_3011.JPG

Hank Items
IMG_3012.JPG

Fantastic stuff, Hecubus! Is the GPS tracker a real functioning one? Or did you track down a non-functional replica which I'd imagine is much less expensive?

Fantastic stuff, Hecubus! Is the GPS tracker a real functioning one? Or did you track down a non-functional replica which I'd imagine is much less expensive?

Thanks! The tracker is a real functioning (but used) one. I waited until one popped up on ebay cause I never really felt like paying $100+ for a brand new one that I was just gonna open and stick on a shelf.

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but I joined to let you know I have acquired a large amount of Breaking Bad props. I'm just now going thru everything and will start to take pictures of individual items soon. For now here's a teaser. Everything you see came from Sony Pictures with COA and seals. Feel free to ask questions.
14670852_10209463908607809_1003538724383074584_n.jpg

14633081_10209463908767813_507036891187064754_n.jpg
14650593_10209463908887816_4845991817915646265_n.jpg
14568201_10209463909207824_7188350392501995586_n.jpg

Congrats! You certainly got some great pieces at fantastic prices!

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but I joined to let you know I have acquired a large amount of Breaking Bad props. I'm just now going thru everything and will start to take pictures of individual items soon. For now here's a teaser. Everything you see came from Sony Pictures with COA and seals. Feel free to ask questions.
View attachment 671767

View attachment 671765
View attachment 671766
View attachment 671764

Some potential new info about Walt's glasses!

There's a new auction up on eBay for a screen-used pair. I'm not entirely sure they're real since someone on this thread said that only two pairs were used on the show, one that sold on eBay a while back and the other being Bryan Cranston's personal pair. These look like they are missing lenses and are bent out of proportion but they do have the elusive "hooks" on the inner arms. Can anyone verify?

qwHzQO7.jpg

Assuming this is a real screen-used pair, it looks like it says "CLUBHOUSE" on the inside of one arm and what looks like "JIMMY BROWN 00G17 130" on the other (correct me if I'm misreading that). Hopefully this is of some help in finding the proper model of glasses.

EDIT:

Comparing the shape of these to the verified screen-used glasses that sold on eBay a while ago, the frames of these look a lot thinner and their misshapenness makes me a little suspicious. Also the temple pads on these are clear rather than black. But the listing clearly states "screen-used" and they're selling for over $2,000. What do you all think? Link to auction.

6Qrxpi7.jpg

DhwkxVP.jpg

Last edited:
Everything looks wrong about those auction glasses. They're not bifocals; the wire is too thin; they angle down towards the bridge instead of "drooping;" the hinges are the wrong shape; they don't have the side guard hooks.

Everything looks wrong about those auction glasses. They're not bifocals; the wire is too thin; they angle down towards the bridge instead of "drooping;" the hinges are the wrong shape; they don't have the side guard hooks.

Sadly,I am thinking the same thing. :( Thanks for letting us know about them, SquidMan!

Last edited:

Actually, if you look closely, these do have the side guard hooks, and the shape looks bent so the lenses are missing and it could've been bent out of its proper shape. But the frames being too thin is a giveaway that these aren't the ones we're looking for, you're right. Could these have been used in a stunt/action scene on the show, as not to damage the few real pairs they had? In other words, not a "hero" prop but a stunt prop?

Or do you think they're not screen-used at all and that it's a fraudulent auction?

Actually, if you look closely, these do have the side guard hooks, and the shape looks bent so the lenses are missing and it could've been bent out of its proper shape. But the frames being too thin is a giveaway that these aren't the ones we're looking for, you're right. Could these have been used in a stunt/action scene on the show, as not to damage the few real pairs they had? In other words, not a "hero" prop but a stunt prop?

Or do you think they're not screen-used at all and that it's a fraudulent auction?

I think they're not screen used at all. They don't look anything like WW's glasses to me, outside of being in the wireframe category. I don't think the hooks are there either - just highlights where the metal tapers down to fit inside the way-too-long, way-too-transparent temple sleeves. The proper glasses have a dark rubber coating over just the last inch or so before the (sharper) bend at the ear.

Hey guys!
I've just recently got in to the Breaking Bad fandom, on series 5 now and I freaking love it!! I'm totally obsessed [emoji7]
I want to buy anything to do with it.
At the moment, I'm in to sorting a Jesse Pinkman costume for London mcm Expo, in may, hehe.
Loving the posts!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back