Breaking Bad Props

I just ordered a copy of Leaves of Grass and have noticed that the inscription is different in Gliding Over All and Blood Money. I think I'm going to use the unscription from Blood Money.

Hey all,
Just thought I would share this pic with you. I met Giancarlo over the weekend at Toronto Comic Con and he was such a gracious and genuine dude. He will be at the Niagara Falls Comic con in June as well if anybody here is from the area. He is sending me a signed box cutter and I got a great signed photo.

Very cool, I will have to look into the Niagara Falls Comic Con when it gets closer.

I saw Bill Burr (Kuby) in Hamilton on Friday night.

I just ordered a copy of Leaves of Grass and have noticed that the inscription is different in Gliding Over All and Blood Money. I think I'm going to use the unscription from Blood Money.

What I found trying to get another copy of Leaves of Grass is that the books Amazon is selling have a pale green dust cover now rather than the dark green of the screen used book. Walter specifically asks Skyler for the book with the "dark green cover". I've returned two copies now. The one I bought a couple of months ago was dark green and I sent it to the kids. They've obviously sold so many they have another run and got the color wrong on the dust jacket.

What I found trying to get another copy of Leaves of Grass is that the books Amazon is selling have a pale green dust cover now rather than the dark green of the screen used book. Walter specifically asks Skyler for the book with the "dark green cover". I've returned two copies now. The one I bought a couple of months ago was dark green and I sent it to the kids. They've obviously sold so many they have another run and got the color wrong on the dust jacket.

Oh no! I hope mine isn't the lighter one. How noticeable is the difference?

Oh no! I hope mine isn't the lighter one. How noticeable is the difference?

The ones I returned had jackets paler than this if I recall. I should have taken pictures of them. I found these photos on eBay.

Attachments

• $T2eC16V,!zEFIePuZtK+BScgmWu(hQ~~60_1.JPG
    $T2eC16V,!zEFIePuZtK+BScgmWu(hQ~~60_1.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 4e.jpg
    4e.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 122
The ones I returned had jackets paler than this if I recall. I should have taken pictures of them. I found these photos on eBay.
Honestly the dust jacket's of books are affected by many factors. The jacket could be lighter or darker based on age, exposure to sun, dirt, or other foreign factors. These books both look very similar to me, and the lightness of the book on the right could be affected by the lighting when the photo was taken. Also if you found the photo on the left on ebay, I suggest you buy that book, problem solved.

- - - Updated - - -

And clearly in this photo of the screen used book the lighter jacket is closest to being SA.
Walt whitmans LOG.jpg

I think he is saying that the actual books he received were lighter than one he has previously owned. If it is only a little lighter, I won't mind.

I think he is saying that the actual books he received were lighter than one he has previously owned. If it is only a little lighter, I won't mind.

I did snap a picture. The copy I sent to the kids was darker than these, and these looked lighter to the eye than this picture may show.

Attachments

• 20140227_010124.jpg
    20140227_010124.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 135
Well he posted two photos, so we can assume that the darker book is the one he thinks is accurate. However it is the lighter cover that is much closer to screen. He should have gotten some screen grabs to support his claim, rather than quoting dialogue that can often be inaccurate. Doesn't really matter though, there will always be discrepancies between any two items.

- - - Updated - - -

I did snap a picture. The copy I sent to the kids was darker than these, and these looked lighter to the eye than this picture may show.
Those are really close to accurate IMO, the small difference in lightness could be due to lighting, or other present factors.

20140310_164909.jpgTo my eye the difference was glaring. In any damn light the books Amazon is selling will not look anywhere near this SA color. They are a PALE green at best. The first book I got looked like the one Hank is holding here. The others were nothing like it.

edit: I wish I'd grabbed the used book that had a picture showing it to be SA color but was afraid Amazon would just send me back one of the pale colored ones I'd returned.

Last edited:
I see what you're saying Satchel. I'll post pics when it comes in tomorrow. If it seems too off I'll send it back and keep looking. Thanks for the heads-up!

The lighting can really change the appearance of a prop though.

For example, look at the HOPE button from season 2.

8C1BUqK.jpg

lmFmGUT.jpg

The indoor lighting makes it look primarily beige however when you see the prop outside, the button is primarily white.

Credit goes to SquidMan on pointing that example out to me earlier.

I wouldn't be surprised if the lighter book actually is what they used on the show.

A-xVadcCUAA5zXM.jpg

BGx_88BCMAE0_C-.jpg

The lighting can really change the appearance of a prop though.

For example, look at the HOPE button from season 2.

View attachment 295952

View attachment 295953

The indoor lighting makes it look primarily beige however when you see the prop outside, the button is primarily white.

Credit goes to SquidMan on pointing that example out to me earlier.

I wouldn't be surprised if the lighter book actually is what they used on the show.

View attachment 295955

View attachment 295954
Yeah I agree, from the photos I have seen that are well lit the book looks like a lighter shade of green. My book is a pretty light shade, and as far as I can tell is very close to being SA.

I'm sure it won't be that bad when it arrives. Nitpicking is just part of the fun of prop collecting!

Take the hat for example, you could go out of your way to find the old Bailey, but I'll just stop at the Bollman and know that it's a little off.

EDIT: Okay, got the book and I DEFINITELY see what satchel was talking about. It is pretty washed out looking, but I don't feel like returning it. Did the inscription and it is far from perfect, but it will do. It was a pain getting the book situated just right, finally I just committed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 117
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    387.6 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Nice pic Art! Yeah, you've gotta follow those size charts pretty carefully. I measured my head several times just to be sure.

I'm still on the lookout for the Season 2 coveralls, and haven't had any luck yet.

Dupont Tyvek TY127S WH?

2dkwbd0.jpg

Nope!

Wheres the Elastic Waist?

vgnbja.jpg

I went even further and contacted Dupont asking whether or not they had or have any white Tyvek coveralls with a hood that don't have an elastic waist.

The Answer: No!

Breaking Bad Blog: The Baddest Breaking Bad Fashions

“The original ones we used were real real Tyveks. Dupont makes them. The actors would be in them for five minutes and they
would start sweating. " - AMC

ny8tci.png

If I interpret that correctly, the real real "Tyveks" were the Tychem QC coveralls Dupont makes, not the white ordinary Tyveks
(TY127S WH). Were also talking about the Season 3 coveralls only, not the season 2 ones. In Season 3 Episode 6, we actually see the Dupont Tychem Coveralls the blog was talking about.

DuPont? SafeSPEC? 2.0 - Product

"A lightweight, and durable fabric, DuPont™ Tychem® QC utilizes the strength of DuPont™ Tyvek® fabric and a polyethylene coating. " - Dupont

Of course they were only used for one episode...
In the following episode the yellow coveralls change, not sure what material though, polyester?

2dt7zvk.png

I'll let you guys know if I ever find an accurate coverall.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back