Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781353 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. RPF Premium Member benhs1898's Avatar
    From
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Oct 14, 2011, 7:43 PM - Re: Breaking Bad (spoilers within) #51

great1 said: View Post
    That is what I was thinking of if I can get them without the hole already punched. I am just waiting to hear back from the company.
    That's so cool.

Everyone's collection is so cool, and I thought I was the man last year with my blue home-made rock candy!
  2. RPF Premium Member Hecubus114's Avatar
    From
    Phx, AZ
    Oct 15, 2011, 1:27 AM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #52

None of these are in their completed stage but I still wanted to share:

Poison Tequila Bottle (obviously still need top):

The Walter White "Unibomber" Bundle LOL (need circuitry on bomb):

And Hector's Bell (need to age it):
    From
    WI, USA
    Oct 15, 2011, 1:37 AM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #53

los pollos pogs, yea!
    From
    Ontario, Canada
    Oct 15, 2011, 8:01 AM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #54

Incredible stuff Hecubus114!

I'm not sure if your looking for the wooden box for the bottle but that was for sure custom made.

I love your flower bag and the bomb looks really good. On my first day on set, Bryan was walking down the hospital hallway with the bag and my first thought was something happend to baby Holly, I never imagined Walt was bringing a bomb into a hospital.

Hector's bell is another great addition and part of a very important scene. It will look even better once it is aged.

What does your display look like now? Your detolf surely can't display everything.
  5. RPF Premium Member Hecubus114's Avatar
    From
    Phx, AZ
    Oct 15, 2011, 12:46 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #55

Thanks! Yeah I would like to make the wooden box - but I'm not really good w/ woodworking... maybe I can find someone to make it for me.

Yeah I was super excited when I found the bag. I cant imagine all the things you must have been imagining while you were watching them film.

My display... uh... is a little scattered at the moment, lol. So far I think everything I have will fit in the Detolfs (I have 5), I just need to do some rearranging, and pull out the things I'm planning on selling to get more BB stuff, ha ha.
    Oct 15, 2011, 12:46 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #56

double post!
    Oct 15, 2011, 12:47 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #57

Awesome stuff. I was born and raised in Abq. Also went to UNM.

Seeing all the locations is really cool. My parents still live there. I need to coordinate one of my trips back home so I can visit the set. I actually was involved in film production while I lived in Abq so I would not be surprised if some of the crew are old friends of mine.

Really cool seeing the Jessie duplex. I have been inside there numerous times. I had friends that lived there. I remember hanging out on that back porch smoking cigarettes.

I don't believe any of them died there, however.
    From
    Ontario, Canada
    Oct 15, 2011, 1:37 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #58

Hecubus114 said: View Post
    Thanks! Yeah I would like to make the wooden box - but I'm not really good w/ woodworking... maybe I can find someone to make it for me.

Yeah I was super excited when I found the bag. I cant imagine all the things you must have been imagining while you were watching them film.

My display... uh... is a little scattered at the moment, lol. So far I think everything I have will fit in the Detolfs (I have 5), I just need to do some rearranging, and pull out the things I'm planning on selling to get more BB stuff, ha ha.
    I saw the scene when Jesse was breaking up his cigarettes looking for the vial of ricin, only I didn't know anything about the vial so it was kind of funny. I also saw Walt spinning the gun in his backyard, I didn't know what to make of the flowers.

Speaking of Walt's gun, have you had a chance to pickup a .38 snub nose airsoft for your collection?
  9. RPF Premium Member benhs1898's Avatar
    From
    Oct 15, 2011, 4:30 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #59

I don't know if you have a lead on the two-way radios yet but I believe this is the kind used.

Motorola SX600R NiMH Rechargeable Two-Way Radio (Blue)

I am pretty positive that the pcb actually attached to the bomb is not from inside the radio as its features do not match the features on the walkie. Could be wrong.
  10. RPF Premium Member Hecubus114's Avatar
    From
    Phx, AZ
    Oct 16, 2011, 7:20 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #60

Aaaaaand thank you sir! I had found the model for them overseas, but not the US one. I guess they are discontinued so I grabbed a pair off ebay.

And Great1 - I would love to have a revolver as part of my season 4 display - but I've gotten so anal that I would want it to be the correct model, and there are no airsoft/blank/resin Ruger LCRs from what i can tell. I would even consider paying what a real one costs, but I'm not comfortable with real guns in my house. Maybe I can convince my buddy who's a gun collector to grab one so I can recast it lol.
  11. RPF Premium Member benhs1898's Avatar
    From
    Oct 16, 2011, 8:05 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #61

Aaaaaand thank you sir! I had found the model for them overseas, but not the US one. I guess they are discontinued so I grabbed a pair off ebay.

And Great1 - I would love to have a revolver as part of my season 4 display - but I've gotten so anal that I would want it to be the correct model, and there are no airsoft/blank/resin Ruger LCRs from what i can tell. I would even consider paying what a real one costs, but I'm not comfortable with real guns in my house. Maybe I can convince my buddy who's a gun collector to grab one so I can recast it lol.
    I would look into theatrical prop guns. I have a replica revolver that is almost 100% real except it has no open barrel and is designed to fire blanks.
    From
    Ontario, Canada
    Oct 16, 2011, 11:27 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #62

I am a screen accuracy nut as well so I defiantly understand.

benhs1898 said: View Post
    I would look into theatrical prop guns. I have a replica revolver that is almost 100% real except it has no open barrel and is designed to fire blanks.
    Good idea, that must be what was used on the show. I was talking to somebody that works with props and he said that they try to avoid using a real gun as much as possible.
  13. RPF Premium Member Hecubus114's Avatar
    From
    Phx, AZ
    Oct 16, 2011, 11:33 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #63

An in interview with the propmaster he said he alters real guns to be incapable of shooting real rounds and only blanks (something about releasing pressure out the top), so he can basically have any gun on the show.
    From
    Ontario, Canada
    Oct 17, 2011, 11:26 AM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #64

That is too bad about the gun and like you I am not comfortable with a real gun.

I do however have good news about the Los Pollos Hermanos air fresheners, I contacted the company and was told that they have a new die which places the hole 1/8” from the top edge. They are going to send me the final mock up prior to production.
  15. RPF Premium Member Hecubus114's Avatar
    From
    Phx, AZ
    Oct 17, 2011, 2:29 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #65

Shweet!
    From
    Ontario, Canada
    Oct 17, 2011, 7:14 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #66

I just received the new mockup,

The hole is still a bit low, I am going to see if they can get it placed higher but if not then we may have to go with it.
  17. RPF Premium Member Hecubus114's Avatar
    From
    Phx, AZ
    Oct 17, 2011, 7:35 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #67

I'd be happy with that - no one would ever notice that but us, LOL.
  18. RPF Premium Member benhs1898's Avatar
    From
    Oct 17, 2011, 7:41 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #68

Unacceptable! Condition, UNACCEPTABLE!!!
    From
    Ontario, Canada
    Oct 17, 2011, 8:00 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #69

I have another question, I placed the order as unscented because I wanted to put mine in my detolf case but I wanted some input from anyone else interested if I should get them scented or not.

I'd be happy with that - no one would ever notice that but us, LOL.
    I am happy with it as well. I believe the screen used one was custom made, the circle doesn't look perfect to me so this should be much better if I am correct.

Unacceptable! Condition, UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Will you be wanting some (or one) as well? I ordered 10 so I do have some extras for sale.
  20. RPF Premium Member benhs1898's Avatar
    From
    Oct 17, 2011, 8:02 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #70

How much?
    From
    Ontario, Canada
    Oct 17, 2011, 8:19 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #71

How much?
    $5 + shipping
  22. RPF Premium Member benhs1898's Avatar
    From
    Oct 17, 2011, 8:27 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #72

Woah, might not be able to pass that up. Let me know when they're available. PM me I guess.
  23. RPF Premium Member Hecubus114's Avatar
    From
    Phx, AZ
    Oct 17, 2011, 9:25 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #73

yeah I was hoping to get at least 3 - what amounts can they be ordered in? And I agree unscented is the way to go.
  24. RPF Premium Member benhs1898's Avatar
    From
    Oct 17, 2011, 9:27 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #74

Unless you can get them to smell like crytal, or fried chicken. Or whatever you imagine Gus would smell like. It may seem weird saying this, but I imagine he smells like a light, slightly masculine slightly feminine scent. Weird, I know.
  25. RPF Premium Member Hecubus114's Avatar
    From
    Phx, AZ
    Oct 17, 2011, 9:33 PM - Re: Breaking Bad Props #75

He'd smell good - I know that much.