Amazing collections and display ideas

ghostryder

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm starting to find a new passion in the hobby: how folks actually display their props and toys. For years I think my own collection suffered from the "Ikea Effect": too much cool stuff crammed into Detolfs and Billys - so much that what you're looking is a collection that gets lost in itself - and it starts looking a little cluttered and junky. I'm not knocking it - for most of us with limited space and budget it's still is the best "bang for our buck" - but there are some collections on display here (and the net) that really, really impress - that are about not just what's on display, but how they are displayed. Anyway, I'm starting to ramble, but I've got a small collection of pics featuring some collections and shelving ideas I really like and wanted to share them here. What I'm looking for are more pics along the lines of what's posted below - if you come across any, love to see 'em posted to this thread and shared with the group...

aquino1.jpg

aquino2.jpg

aquino3.jpg

transformerswall1.jpg

transformerswall2.jpg

The Hot Toys Toy Hunters store in Hong Kong:

toyhunters1.jpg

toyhunters2.jpg

toyhunters3.jpg

toyhunters4.jpg

toyhunters5.jpg

toyhunters6.jpg

toyhunters7.jpg

Misc. collections:

japandisplay.jpg

hottoys.jpg

hottoyscollection.jpg

wallunit1.jpg

arttoywall.png

cabinetssmall.jpg

cornerdisplay.jpg

honkkongtoywall.jpg

The Sci-Fi Museum in Seattle:

scifimuseum1.jpg

scifimuseum2.jpg

scifimuseum3.jpg

And just for fun, the collection of Honk Kong actor Louis Koo:

koobook.jpg

koo1.jpg

koo2.jpg

koo3.jpg

This one is also cool....
Smallest, but very nice displayed !

Apartment_Of_A_Star_Wars_Fan_2.jpg

See, I VASTLY prefer this to any of the above...a few well chosen items displayed in a clean uncluttered way. Of course, if you HAVE to get everything, there's no way to avoid the crammed in look. I just think too many items take away from the clear, simple "museum" effect.

Now to completely contradict myself and show a "crammed to the gills" room I actually like: http://threads.rebelscum.com/showfl...ge=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#3274190

I like the pedestals here, just to move the collection off the walls and into 3D space a bit more: http://threads.rebelscum.com/showfl...ge=1&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#4495716

Yeah, you are right !
I think if you put props in a main room of a house, "sobriety" and "Zen" should highlights the props !

Calling Philip Wise! Philip, of Rebel Scum has an amazing display for all of his collection. I agree that HOW you display your collection is just as important as the collection itself!

GREAT THREAD.

We're building our house for a Feb completion date and will start on the basement museum pretty soon. This thread def. serves as an inspiration. My dream would be a close enough Ent. D bridge as a movie room that opens up to a museum for the rest of basement. Ah dreams.

I have a video of Phillips museum. I will PM him and see if I can post it. I nearly fainted when I saw it.

I think it is a designer shelf...
I have searched this showcase like a T-1000... And 99% of the showcase have glasses to separate each floor... but no one have medium plaque.

Here is the backside :

Apartment_Of_A_Star_Wars_Fan_1.jpg

And a closer view :

star-wars-room-decor-750x1100.jpg

(I think you'll break the leg of the first one of your friends who puts his foot on the falcon while you are watching a game ! )

There's a guy in England. His name is CHRIS. Can't remember his last name. But he's the Star Wars/ Indiana Jones fan who had movie frames of a Star Wars planet (was it HOTH?) blown up to use as a backdrop to display his Master Replicas MILLENNIUM FALCON. He does an amazing job making this hobby look respectable.

This is a great thread. I hope more people will post pics of their rooms as it's really cool looking at all of the great displays people have.

There's a guy in England. His name is CHRIS. Can't remember his last name. But he's the Star Wars/ Indiana Jones fan who had movie frames of a Star Wars planet (was it HOTH?) blown up to use as a backdrop to display his Master Replicas MILLENNIUM FALCON. He does an amazing job making this hobby look respectable.

I think you're talking about CKING, who is (or was) a member here as well. And yes, he really perfected the look of printing large scale screencaps of various SW photos, mounting them onto a foam core-type backing and then placing them behind his various studio scale pieces. A great look, for sure.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he stepped back from the hobby some time ago and posts very little, if at all, on here nowadays.

I think you're talking about CKING, who is (or was) a member here as well. And yes, he really perfected the look of printing large scale screencaps of various SW photos, mounting them onto a foam core-type backing and then placing them behind his various studio scale pieces. A great look, for sure.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he stepped back from the hobby some time ago and posts very little, if at all, on here nowadays.

I am pretty sure he linked the site he got them made at.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back