X-Wing Helmet decals and visors?

SgtFang

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
I remember back ing the day, someone had a website where you could download full size artwork/markings for a number of the different x-wing helmets seen in the movies, but my bookmark for it is on my dead comp at home. Can someone post a link please? :)

Also, does anyone know where I can get aftermarket visors to fit a FULL size helmet?

Thanks.

-Sarge

I think I have some of that artwork you're talking about. I'm at work right now, and if someone else doesn't help you first, I'll take a look once I get home.

As far as the visors go, have you tried R.A.? That's where I got my helmet from a few years ago.

I second Richie's Armor. I did make some of the main helmet decals, and have them available for free download. Just visit www.tk560.com and scroll down the page a bit. If you need the Adobe Illustrator files I used to create them, let me know. Hope this helps out. They are originals made by me from screen grabs, so please do not redistribute them.

I too have been working on a X-wing visor and have finally finished a working mold, and have figured out a way to dye the PETG any color. But the process is so time consuming, and the PETG is so expensive, I can't really afford to make these for sale. We have made a handfull of these and the RFT visors, but it is taking some time to make just the stuff we need for the fan film.

Sarge,
I looked at what I have, and I have to say. . . go with Jimbo890's graphics.
They look outstanding compared to what I had saved.

Jimbo,
Those really do look excellent. You did those yourself? Great work. I love the markings for Red Leader.

<div class='quotetop'>(superjedi @ Sep 6 2006, 04:43 AM) [snapback]1313845[/snapback]</div>
Sarge,
I looked at what I have, and I have to say. . . go with Jimbo890's graphics.
They look outstanding compared to what I had saved.

Jimbo,
Those really do look excellent. You did those yourself? Great work. I love the markings for Red Leader.
[/b]

Yes, I made them some months ago using Adobe Illustrator CS, and are based off screen grabs. I wish I had check on the Parts of Star Wars site for those references on the 'victory' as the ones I made are a bit too thick. Oh, well. The 'rebel shield' is also undersized, and the weight of the black line is a bit too thick IMHO, but thats how it goes.

Thanks for the kind words regarding these. I hope they help someone out with their helmets. Red Leader is a real 'wild guess' due to the poor reference material I had. Same for the Training helmet.

Jim

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back